SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

back to my roots

2 posters

Go down

back to my roots Empty back to my roots

Post by mac Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:54 am

This past few weeks I've made more contact with Modern Spiritualism than I've made in a lot of years.  

The reasons are twofold.  Firstly in autumn 2019 I became an Independent Member of the SNU and have taken part in local SNU meetings remotely online.  Additionally I've recently joined with local Spiritualist church members in their church's meetings and again I've done it courtesy of the Zoom platform.  

It's been refreshing to hear folk 'speaking my language' in connection with mediumship and our connection to spirit.  It shouldn't feel that way because I've been 'in the spooks' for three and a half decades, half my life, but I spend most of my time elsewhere online effectively 'speaking others' language'.

Although what I do involves 'speaking' about survival and associated spiritual issues I have to tailor my words for individuals to whom 'spirit' and 'mediumship' often mean very different things. Some talk about spiritualism but don't know about Spiritualism.  Many speak about mediumship but actually mean psychic reading, channelling or something else.  The few I encounter who know anything about Modern Spiritualism know mainly about the American variant and may not even be Spiritualists themselves.  

It's often a curious mish-mash of ideas, beliefs and misconceptions I'm facing but such places are the only ones I know about where I can engage at all with others on a subject that's dear to me - even when many of those I 'meet' have a very different approach.

This is one of only two websites I know about that has a Spiritualism focus but even here there's little activity or interest shown.  I hope that doesn't sound like grumbling because really I'm just making observations and expressing my thoughts.

Last edited by mac on Tue Nov 10, 2020 2:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correction to first sentence, last paragraph)

mac

obiwan likes this post

Back to top Go down

back to my roots Empty Re: back to my roots

Post by Admin Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:52 am

sadly Mac life keeps us busy; I have learnt to run Zoom meetings to keep our centre going. In Adelaide we wre able to restart from July but sanitization and numbers rules meant we only did twice a month but we allowed people to join us by zoom. regularly and ex attendee who became a paramedic and went to work on London joined us regularly. 2 weeks ago from her hospital bed where she was seriously ill from covid (naturally we powered up some remote healing). We have people joining in from country SA, Queensland, Victoria even Canada and the USA.

I have put a lot of the meditations and talks up on my YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc6VXbh8SF9m3jPgLGbQIjQ

I was also going to do a zoom link to our Christmas Tree Séance as we could only have 12 in the centre. Sadly we had a blip and the 4 sq. meter social distancing was reinstated so it had to be cancelled but we still have managed to raise over $400 for charity.

Glad you have managed to get back to your roots in these strange times.
Admin
Admin
Admin

obiwan likes this post

Back to top Go down