SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reincarnation

4 posters

Go down

Reincarnation Empty Reincarnation

Post by Frithstreet Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:46 pm

Right I've forgotten what I originally wanted to post here but I think it was something similar.
When it comes to reincarnation does the soul sometimes feel more tired out and it's an effort to do things as you partly know what it's all about because you've experienced it before. Or perhaps its raring to go to experience it all again.
Cheers

Frithstreet

Back to top Go down

Reincarnation Empty Re: Reincarnation

Post by mac Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:03 pm

Frithstreet wrote:Right I've forgotten what I originally wanted to post here but I think it was something similar.
When it comes to reincarnation does the soul sometimes feel more tired out and it's an effort to do things as you partly know what it's all about because you've experienced it before. Or perhaps its raring to go to experience it all again.
Cheers

neither! Razz You need to go back to basics to understand why..... cheers!

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:23 am

Frithstreet wrote:Right I've forgotten what I originally wanted to post here but I think it was something similar.
Cheers

I don't believe in reincarnation, but since I'm already worn out from this life, Ill go with the 'more tired out' option Smile

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:21 am

Left Behind wrote:
Cheers

I don't believe in reincarnation, but since I'm already worn out from this life, Ill go with the 'more tired out' option Smile

As Zerdini used to say: “I don’t believe in reincarnation, but I did in a previous life”.

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:45 am

obiwan wrote:
Left Behind wrote:
Cheers

As Zerdini used to say: “I don’t believe in reincarnation, but I did in a previous life”.

Very Happy Very Happy Laughing Wonder how George sees things now, eh?

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:00 pm

mac wrote:
obiwan wrote:
Left Behind wrote:
Cheers

Very Happy Very Happy Laughing  Wonder how George sees things now, eh?

If I hear, I’ll let you know bless him. Very Happy

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:27 pm

Very Happy   It sure would be grand to hear from him.  Smile

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:51 pm

mac wrote:Very Happy   It sure would be grand to hear from him.  Smile

Yes it would indeed.

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:04 pm

mac wrote:
obiwan wrote:
Left Behind wrote:
Cheers

Ah, but there's the rub. IF reincarnation is for-true: there is no more George. He's gone-pecan. He ain't no mo'. He got erased. George is now Marie or Wong Chow or a goat or Zingwa of the planet Zanti. Rolling Eyes

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:35 pm

Left Behind wrote:
mac wrote:
obiwan wrote:
Left Behind wrote:
Cheers

Ah, but there's the rub. IF reincarnation is for-true: there is no more George. He's gone-pecan. He ain't no mo'. He got erased. George is now Marie or Wong Chow or a goat or Zingwa of the planet Zanti. Rolling Eyes

Unless George has already undertaken another incarnation he will remain for some time close to wherever his natural spiritual 'level' happened to be directly after his passing. Unless he's very different from most individuals, he is likely still to exhibit at least some of the character he had in the composite body-and-soul George. In short he'll still be recognisable as the 'George' he once was here.

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:43 pm

Left Behind wrote:
mac wrote:
obiwan wrote:
Left Behind wrote:
Cheers

I guess that depends which version of reincarnation one subscribes to lol

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:23 pm

obiwan wrote:
Left Behind wrote:
mac wrote:
obiwan wrote:
Left Behind wrote:
Cheers

I'm glad that I don't subscribe to any.

It all seems so pointless: life your earthly life. . . be taken to the spirit world. . . only to be erased, like an old-fashioned recording tape, so someone else's life could be recorded on the tape that used to be you. . .

Personally I'd much prefer to just die, and let that be the end of it all.

I once heard someone describe reincarnation as a 'comforting' doctrine. The only comfort I find in it is knowing that it's just another old religious superstition with no basis in reality.

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:31 pm

I’m inclined to agree. Silver Birch said that it is something that happens but not in the way you describe it, ie a wiping out.

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:37 am

Left Behind wrote:
obiwan wrote:
Left Behind wrote:
mac wrote:
obiwan wrote:
Left Behind wrote:
Cheers

I'm glad that I don't subscribe to any.

It all seems so pointless: life your earthly life. . . be taken to the spirit world. . . only to be erased, like an old-fashioned recording tape, so someone else's life could be recorded on the tape that used to be you. . .

Personally I'd much prefer to just die, and let that be the end of it all.

I once heard someone describe reincarnation as a 'comforting' doctrine. The only comfort I find in it is knowing that it's just another old religious superstition with no basis in reality.

As I often say, Jim, the way we see certain matters when in-the-body will likely be very different from the way we will see them when we're not.

Unless we who think we understand have got things badly wrong - and if we have we'll never know it! - then the situation concerning the possibility (can we say) of further incarnate life will be a matter of personal choice.  

As far as I understand matters, though, we can't choose just to die and that be the end of things.  There's no 'blinking out of existence' any more than there was spontaneous blinking into it. I am comfortable with the concept of my being an eternal being who happens at this moment to be writing about it. Very Happy Laughing Wink

I am persuaded we came here by choice and equally persuaded we will return only if we decide to.  For me no alternatives appeal to my reason. Smile

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:36 pm

Since there's obviously no way that a human being could ever live even a single morally perfect life, much less an enormous stack of them, sufficient to 'atone' for the wrongdoings of even one normal life, the whole 'live again and again till perfection is achieved here on earth' would obviously condemn a person to an eternity of earthly existences.

I can no more conceive of a benevolent Deity condemning mankind to such a fate that I can of Him condemning us to hellfire.

I would definitely prefer to live one earthly life, and simply annihilate, than I would spend eternity living and suffering and dying over and over and over again. I don't see anything appealing about spending eternity like a rat running on an exercise wheel forever, forever getting no where.

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:59 pm

Left Behind wrote:Since there's obviously no way that a human being could ever live even a single morally perfect life, much less an enormous stack of them, sufficient to 'atone' for the wrongdoings of even one normal life, the whole 'live again and again till perfection is achieved here on earth' would obviously condemn a person to an eternity of earthly existences.

I can no more conceive of a benevolent Deity condemning mankind to such a fate that I can of Him condemning us to hellfire.

I would definitely prefer to live one earthly life, and simply annihilate, than I would spend eternity living and suffering and dying over and over and over again. I don't see anything appealing about spending eternity like a rat running on an exercise wheel forever, forever getting no where.

In my view, Jim, it would be a mistake for someone to say we have to life a morally perfect life and equally mistaken to think some entity condemns us when we don't.  Based on what I've learned I have no doubt we're ever locked into an existence of eternal earth incarnations and once-and-once-only incarnation may be the exception rather than the general rule.  As is so often is the case in 'real-life' I expect the vast majority of us will find themselves somewhere in the middle ground situation between the two extremes.

I acknowledge your would-be preference for annihilation but unless (as I said earlier) those of us who think-we-know have got this stuff very wrong it's not gonna come down to that.  Of course if we do have it all wrong then not only have all our conversations, all our deliberations, all the supposed teaching and guidance we've found a complete crock.......if all that's the case we'll never know 'cos we'll be outta it the instant we kick off our clogs for the last time!   Razz Very Happy

I realise that's what you'd like to be the case, Jim, but is it what you truly think will happen?   If so you've got nothing to be concerned about and nothing to hold you here other than our company.
 Very Happy

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:58 pm

I don't believe that we annihilate. I was just stating that living once, dying and that's all she wrote strikes me as a more attractive alternative than an eternity of living an endless circle of lives, none of them amounting to anything more than a role an actor plays. . . doing it over and over again, until some sort of transcendant overself manages to achieve perfection.

I don't like rigged games.

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:17 am

Left Behind wrote:I don't believe that we annihilate. I was just stating that living once, dying and that's all she wrote strikes me as a more attractive alternative than an eternity of living an endless circle of lives, none of them amounting to anything more than a role an actor plays. . . doing it over and over again, until some sort of transcendant overself manages to achieve perfection.

I don't like rigged games.

I was teasing - I was fairly certain you didn't believe it. Smile It's just something you wish were the case. But your last few words aren't the way I see things.

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum