SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Australian Academy of Spirit

4 posters

Go down

Australian Academy of Spirit  Empty Australian Academy of Spirit

Post by Neilos Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:22 am

Just read a public statement posted on the Academy's Facebook page. A physical medium from the UK travelled to Australia with the purpose of holding public séances at the Academy. Following two test séances the Academy made the decision not to go ahead with the public séances and they were cancelled. The statement does not name the medium concerned and urges other centres/establishments to follow their lead. They took the view that the test séances did not produce phenomena or results that they wished to promote or endorse.   I think this is a great idea that is ethical and a professional way of raising standards of physical mediumship that is in the public arena. I am interested in what other members think?

Neilos

Back to top Go down

Australian Academy of Spirit  Empty Re: Australian Academy of Spirit

Post by mac Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:36 pm

A fair way to sort the wheat from the chaff......

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:15 pm

No problem naming the mediums it was Warren Caylor, Kai Muegge was due as well but was picked up by the customs on entry and sent home because he had used the wrong visa he was due to work at the centre operated by the people who run the Academy of Spirit (Deb Mewes a Queensland Medium) to earn decent sums of money. Australia dodged to dodgy bullets.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:33 am

Looks like my remark was more than apt.... Laughing

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Neilos Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:11 am

Yes, very true and I assume you meant two lol! I like the fact that the medium was not named and the Academy has maintained a professional standard which cannot be said for certain mediums eh..If it quacks like a duck and loom likes a duck...don't count your chickens lol!

I think there has been a medium since those two and in recent weeks.

Neilos

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:40 pm

Hi Neilos,

It was not the Academy that did this it was the Wallachia Centre in NSW
http://www.wallaciadevelopmentcenter.com/
The web site seems not to be working Gary Mannion was there for the same event.

Deb Mewes has a variety of mediums through especially Tony Stockwell and Mavis Pittilla its all about mediumship not about Spiritualism. Still Lis has seen her when she tutored at the Tony Stockwell week in Victoria and thinks Deb is a decent medium. I doubt that Warren's exposure would stop her bringing him over as she is a supporter of Kai. The Academy of Spirit is not widely accepted over here there is a strongish money emphasis.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Neilos Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:45 pm

The information is on the Academy's page on Facebook Smile.

Neilos

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:49 pm

In fact its the latest variation of her previous centres and the one that Kai was going to work at when his entry was refused. One of the general issues which will be experienced around Australia is who is assessing the mediums the Academy certifies and their training program. The majority involved do not work at Spiritualist Churches or Centres, particularly Deb. Maybe this will change and I admit that in Aus those centres could be anything from deeply Christian through to channeling Aliens and crop circles with "mediumship" from flowers to genuine mediumship with very much all sorts in between throwing in a lot of psychism. On its own that may put many off.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:01 pm

Neilos wrote:The information is on the Academy's page on Facebook Smile.

Ok they were advertising experimental séances with Chris Howarth for physical mediumship and clearly decided he was not delivering.

http://australianacademyofspirit.com/
http://universalcottage.com/
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:38 pm

Admin wrote:In fact its the latest variation of her previous centres and the one that Kai was going to work at when his entry was refused. One of the general issues which will be experienced around Australia is who is assessing the mediums the Academy certifies and their training program. The majority involved do not work at Spiritualist Churches or Centres, particularly Deb. Maybe this will change and I admit that in Aus those centres could be anything from deeply Christian through to channeling Aliens and crop circles with "mediumship" from flowers to genuine mediumship with very much all sorts in between throwing in a lot of psychism. On its own that may put many off.

Or the opposite - there appears to be a continuing appetite for apparent alien contact along with  phenomena of any kind and however produced.  It's certainly the impression I've gained from 'speaking' to folk online.

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Neilos Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:40 am

Good point Mac and I suppose they have not got the same structures in place like the SNU to put strictures in place which does create a certain freedom that we would consider 'different.' I still applaud their standards and policies on testing out mediums before the public stump up the cash. Looking at the info further down the FB page Chris Howarth had planned a series of séances at the Academy so the liklihood it was him.

Neilos

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:59 am

Agreed Neilos about the SNU's standards. I see we now have a Spiritual Fellowship where Minister Martin Colclough, once head of the SNU's assessment panel, has established external courses which will be nationally accredited as formal training qualifications. I believe these will start to appear soon although what the fall out will be with the SNU may be interesting. I have a feeling that, whatever their personal intentions, it will mean that many more people, with no background or interest in Modern Spiritualism, will become accredited mediums or healers and establish "progressive" centres or focus on using the accreditation as the basis of selling their services purely for monetary gain. I suppose that is status quo their are a lot of CSNU's or even higher SNU qualifications doing the same and never entering a Spiritualist Centre.

One problem will always be the validity of those assessment panels and ensuring that there is no bias for buddies.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Neilos Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:21 am

Interesting development, wonder what the criteria for a accreditation will look like eh. Hopefully it will be based on a individual persons psychic ability rather than their  academic.  Spiritualism needs evidential mediums and healers that effect change not individuals that can write good essays and grasp codes and policies. That's why I like the Academy's stance because it is based on performance and not reputation or hearsay.

Neilos

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:50 pm

Neilos wrote:Interesting development, wonder what the criteria for a accreditation will look like eh. Hopefully it will be based on a individual persons psychic ability rather than their  academic.  Spiritualism needs evidential mediums and healers that effect change not individuals that can write good essays and grasp codes and policies. That's why I like the Academy's stance because it is based on performance and not reputation or hearsay.

It's an interesting point concerning healing.  Evidential mediumship is perhaps more definable, more assessable based on details provided and authenticated.  But what of healing?  

Oh, sure, the most striking help - some would say the 'miracle' healing - may be a similarly assessable situation.   But what of the help that is less able to be assessed, where miraculous healing does not come about but where an individual appears to benefit in a way less obvious way - for instance helping to settle someone's emotions as they face their passing?  How could the effectiveness of a provider of such help be assessed?  Or what percentage of observable 'success' (however defined) would a practitioner need to achieve to be classed as a healer?  

The aspect of healers and healing is one about which, as a Modern Spiritualist, I've harboured doubts for many years.

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Neilos Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:55 pm

Yes, good points Mac and again raises the questions about academic achievement within spiritualism. I have healing to a family member just before she passed to the spirit world and I helped to calm her; the love and healing which was experienced by the two of us is immeasurable.

Neilos

Back to top Go down

Post by Deb Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:31 am

Hi Everyone,

Its Deb here from the Australian Academy of Spirit. I would just like to introduce myself and if you have any questions I am happy to answer them.

The AAS does not 'accredit' any mediums. Rather we just look at what they have studied, how many years they have worked, and their experience and ethics and acknowledge them at different levels. Only those with good formal training (not by us) and good ethics get placed on our website for the public to find.

The Academy came about as a result of some terrible stories about mediumship and the quality especially here in QLD and a need to develop something to promote good training, and make it easier for the general public to find reputable mediums.

Unlike the SNU we don't require anyone to write essays or present work in that manner. Their work within the Spiritual community, churches, centres etc is what we look at. Also their commitment to continued training.

We provide a point of contact for some churches to gather good mediums for their services and we do in actual fact support some spiritual churches. I myself have been invited and demonstrated in churches but unfortunately here in QLD the calibre of some are not great. In fact I have visited some churches that had invited me to dem prior to accepting to see what they are like and have been shocked to see. The 'medium' on platform talking about star beings and in fact pointed me out to tell me I was a 6,000 year old star being crossed with an Angel. Consequently I declined the invitation to attend. There have been more occasions like that.

The AAS is also looking as a future plan to open a Spiritualist Church as we have a Reverend as part of the team and the venue, just sorting through the legalities of this and dealing with some other factors as well.

Like I said I am happy to answer any questions. The Medium we had here from the UK that we gave two test sittings to was Chris Howarth and unfortunately as we found him a nice man but a little delusional in his belief of his ability and did not proceed with the séances for the public. We did however take good care of him re-arranging his flights and paying to put him up in a Hotel as he came without funds. We keep here at the AAS independent séance reports on the various mediums we have experienced and in fact our reports on Garry Manion were the ones forwarded onto Banyan at Mavis Pittilla's request that informed Banyan of our experiences.

I look forward to getting to know you all.

Love Deb

Deb

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:48 am

Welcome, Deb, to SpiritualismLink, a website of particular relevance to individuals who see themselves as Modern Spiritualists or at least support the Spiritualist approach to survival and communication through mediumship.  

Speaking as a very-ordinary member, but one who's a traditional Spiritualist and also a fairly long-time member here, I look forward to you sharing with us your experiences, thoughts and ideas.
Smile

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:24 am

From Lis and I's perspective, watching the Academy grow and develop it is really looking to achieve great things. Deb and the people there are doing very well.

Indeed we will do whatever we can to support and help them in their work.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down