SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your opinion

+8
Rev Deb
mandy
Bill
Admin
mac
obiwan
zerdini
iceblue
12 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Your opinion - Page 5 Empty Re: Your opinion

Post by julie Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:32 pm

''The core of modern spiritualism is based on the understanding that the universe is neither a static or created environment but is itself both evolving and constantly changing'
Look I am very sorry if I have upset anyone as I know they hold to their principles passioantely, but I had honestly worked out that if darwin says we evolved well it makes sense doesn't it that so must that planet that we inhabit? Sorry I took it for granted that maybe you realised I knew that (I have read Steiner as well and he helped a bit on this-I ended up with a migraine after it but never mind) So I have just been exploring and exploring every spiritual view wondering where everything fitted in.

julie

Back to top Go down

Post by Azur Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:49 pm

julie wrote:''The core of modern spiritualism is based on the understanding that the universe is neither a static or created environment but is itself both evolving and constantly changing'
Look I am very sorry if I have upset anyone as I know they hold to their principles passioantely, but I had honestly worked out that if darwin says we evolved well it makes sense doesn't it that so must that planet that we inhabit? Sorry I took it for granted that maybe you realised I knew that (I have read Steiner as well and he helped a bit on this-I ended up with a migraine after it but never mind) So I have just been exploring and exploring every spiritual view wondering where everything fitted in.

Real spirituality is acts of kindness, compassion, forgiveness and so on. True spirituality is simplicity in itself, just we humans overcomplicate things sometimes Smile

Azur

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:07 pm

julie wrote:''The core of modern spiritualism is based on the understanding that the universe is neither a static or created environment but is itself both evolving and constantly changing'

I doubt that anyone's been in the least upset - certainly I haven't been.....

Reading your piece above, though, suggests you haven't really grasped that Spiritualism isn't about passionately holding principles. There is WAY further to go unless one chooses not to go beyond fundamentals. I'm intrigued why you might think that Darwin might negatively impact any Spiritualist teaching. (If that's what you think?)

My own take on such matters is that I can - and often have done - relate almost any day-to-day issue, no matter how complex or how simple, to the aspect of spiritual development. I hope you've spotted 'spiritual' with a lower case 's' to signify that it's in no way related only to Spiritualism?

Think about it if you would. There's not a single issue in this world which can't be considered from the perspective of personal or global spiritual evolvement. I challenge you to find one. Even the very evolution of humankind can be expressed in the changes seen throughout our spiritual evolvement from our earliest ancestors to so-called modern man.

It's good that you're exploring but you've scarcely begun to scratch the surface of what can be considered from an understanding of spiritual development. I've been doing it for 26 years and only recently have I begun to slow down as the pieces fit together with fewer and smaller gaps.

You'd probably be astonished if you knew the range of matters I've evaluated in light of what I've learned - all beginning with the fundamentals of Modern Spiritualist philosophy. I've yet to encounter a single individual, though, who sees matters similarly.

It's a lonely furrow I plough, an observer rather than a participant much of the time.... Laughing

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:09 pm

Azur wrote:

Real spirituality is acts of kindness, compassion, forgiveness and so on. True spirituality is simplicity in itself, just we humans overcomplicate things sometimes Smile

Spiritualism (as discussed on this website) isn't spirituality though..... It's a misunderstood issue which comes up repeatedly in discussion forums.

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Azur Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:31 pm

mac wrote:
Azur wrote:

Spiritualism (as discussed on this website) isn't spirituality though..... It's a misunderstood issue which comes up repeatedly in discussion forums.

Smile

Azur

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:45 pm

".................itself, just we humans overcomplicate things sometimes"

over-complicate? The process is actually simplification..... Very Happy

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Azur Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:46 pm

mac wrote:".................itself, just we humans overcomplicate things sometimes"

Smile

Azur

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:54 pm

Azur wrote:
mac wrote:".................itself, just we humans overcomplicate things sometimes"

Smile

Well it's simplification if one understands ...... Wink Laughing

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:37 pm

You hit on one of our basic issues Mac. People often come to a Spiritualist Church on their personal spiritual journey. They like the Mediumship and development but miss the fact their is a Philosophy so expect it to encompass any and every new age ideal. As they become part of the organisation, unless that Centre strongly promotes the Principles of Spiritualism and the Philosophy, the organisation itself slowly drifts away from the teachings it is meant to represent.

In the UK the strong, maybe overly rigid or religous nowadays, core of the SNU means that there remains enough commonality of purpose to retain the original Philosophy (although I bet that is not universally true accross all SNU Churches) whereas in places like Australia, with no central body, you will see significant variations between individual Centres.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wes Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:22 am

Admin wrote:...whereas in places like Australia, with no central body, you will see significant variations between individual Centres.

Ain't that the truth!

Wes
Wes

Back to top Go down

Post by Azur Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:57 am

mac wrote:
Azur wrote:

True spiritualism is simplicity in itself, just we humans overcomplicate things sometimes Smile

Azur

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum