SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Development of Parapsychology in Germany

3 posters

Go down

Development of Parapsychology in Germany Empty Development of Parapsychology in Germany

Post by Admin Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:33 am

http://heterodoxology.com/2012/07/17/parapsychology-in-germany-review-of-heather-wolfframs-stepchildren-of-science-2009/

Interesting review of a book on the development of parapsychology in Germany
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Development of Parapsychology in Germany Empty Re: Development of Parapsychology in Germany

Post by normy Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:15 am

Interesting review, as German psychic research is not easy to access. I have noticed that Kai Muegge with his Felix Experimental Group talks about traditional "German physical mediumship", which does not seem to be focussed on survival evidence as it was in the UK, but more on the phenomena. Which the review seems to support, no mention of evidence of survival in their parapsychology research.
I could be wrong, but I have read about lots of physical phenomena with mediums investigated by German researchers which is not linked with survival. Am I correct in this?
normy
normy

Back to top Go down

Development of Parapsychology in Germany Empty Re: Development of Parapsychology in Germany

Post by hiorta Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:35 am

Establishing the veracity of the phenomena, then trying to establish the source(s) might be the best way to investigate this field. There are vested interests that might wish to protect their own theories and minimise examination of further possibilities.

Is there any sort of see-saw link between quantum investigation and psychic phenomena?
hiorta
hiorta

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:05 am

Hi Normy,

I thnk the key term is parapsychology. Their interest is to verify whether the phenomena is real or not. They regard that as the paramount item to prove, the next question is whether there is some underlying cause. You may have noticed that their approach tended to be predicated upon the events being the reflection of some, as yet unknown, natural ability of the human itself.

I have a feeling that this was also the approach used by the French Astronomer Camille Flammarion. He may have started his journey in a circle with Allan Kardec, produced a trance picture included, I believe, in Kardec's Genesis and given the eulogy at Kardecs funeral but he firmly believed his picture was the work of his own subconscious mind not spirit. He also went on to be President of the SPR.

In reality what is written here about Parapsychology in Germany is little different from the approaches of the Society of Psychical Research (there was a very good one in Poland by the way) and the Societe Metaphysique in France. Proof verifiable that the phenomena truly existed then look at the probable cause.

The then Spiritualist movement worked more upon research to prove the phenomena rpresented verifiable proof of survival an effort it seems to have now given up.

To my understanding there was some kind of Spiritualist movement in Germany but I believe that this had some legal issues.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down