SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Difference between Materializations and Etherializations

+3
nick pettitt
bravo321uk
Mark74
7 posters

Go down

Difference between Materializations and Etherializations Empty Difference between Materializations and Etherializations

Post by Mark74 Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:43 pm

What are the differences between materializations and etherializations. Is ectoplasm still required for etherializations. Anyone know?

Mark74

Back to top Go down

Difference between Materializations and Etherializations Empty Re: Difference between Materializations and Etherializations

Post by bravo321uk Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:42 am

If i was gonna take a stab at this... i would say that one is a solid form and one would be more like a holographic image.. but like i said it is just a stab.

bravo321uk

Back to top Go down

Difference between Materializations and Etherializations Empty Re: Difference between Materializations and Etherializations

Post by nick pettitt Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:23 am

bravo321uk wrote:If i was gonna take a stab at this... i would say that one is a solid form and one would be more like a holographic image.. but like i said it is just a stab.

I think that just about sums it up bravo. In Einer Nielsen's book 'Solid Proofs of Survival' he writes...

'Etherialisations are white and semi-transparent entities who are never solid. These entities can walk through the drapery without opening it'

nick pettitt

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:42 am

Well put Bravo I think that is about right too. Have seen a bit of the holographic images in a mediums circle, they can be very interesting.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by normy Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:57 am

Difference between Materializations and Etherializations 55834413

Jo Bradley gave me permission to post this photo, taken at a workshop at which I was present. I think that etherialisations are not understood at the moment, what do you think of the faces shown on ther photo? Taken in daylight with curtains closed, and I checked the image straight after it was taken, with flash disabled on the camera.
normy
normy

Back to top Go down

Post by Wes Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:21 am

Hi Normy, is there a higher resolution version of the photo available, and was the camera hand held or on a tripod?

Wes
Wes

Back to top Go down

Post by normy Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:24 pm

Hi Wes, the camera was a small handheld digital. The light was not good enough I suppose to get a better resolution, but I l know little about image technology . I think it's a bit clearer on Jo's Facebook page. All the students took photos of each of us in turn. This was the only photo unexplained in normal terms. Another anomaly is the cluster of blue lights on the chest of the lady on the left, who was wearing nothing to explain it.
normy
normy

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:53 pm

Its unfortunate about teh resolution normy, sadly the way the picture looks there could be any number of reasons for the anomalies. Certainly difficult to accept as truly evidential of anything. I suspect that will always be one of the problems. I sometimes think we may be better going back to old fashioned film cameras with ultra high speed black and white film.

Even then reflected light on lenses can give interesting effects and distortions. As a keen amateur photographer once I was used to the way I could create these effects I made the most of them. You need a camera optic and also with modern cameras a digital expert to work with these type of images.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by normy Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:08 am

I take your points Admin, and accept that the picture is not truly evidential of anything, in the strictest scientific sense.
However, with my rational scientific outlook, but with little knowledge of the quirks of photography, I was unable to dismiss the anomalies out of hand. Just because there can be any number of 'normal' reasons for them, it does not mean necessarily that these applied. If it could be convincingly demonstrated how the particular anomalies were caused by distortions, reflections, etc., then if that is the truth, that is what we want. Nobody has yet explained exactly how the anomalies were caused, although the photo has been on FB for some time.
From a personal viewpoint, I of course know there was no fraud involved, or time or intention to manipulate the image, as I was there and we looked at it during the session as soon as it was seen. So that leaves something within all the conditions at the time to account for the image. A theory on this would have to come from photographic experts, as I have no idea.
My paranormal theory is that the two faces above the sitter are too defined to be some kind of chance effects from the camera shot, and nobody in the room looked like the faces. I also don't know how the blue lights on the medium's chest, and on the floor, could have been captured, as I don't know of any mechanisms. I took another picture myself which showed a large blue mist cloud around the sitter. Again I don't know whether an expert could explain this.
I would like to know the truth, one way or the other, but as so often in the psychic it is hard to obtain.
normy
normy

Back to top Go down

Post by _Leslie_ Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:55 pm

This has happened to me during private sittings - on occasions, I look at the recipient and am presented with the overshadowing / etherialisation of the communicator from spirit.
First time it happened I was mesmerised, lost the plot entirely with regards to the reading, but of course could say nothing to the recipient - or take a photo.

Its a fascinating subject and one I hope we will again a greater understandable of... Thanks for the info and image Normy...
_Leslie_
_Leslie_

Back to top Go down

Post by normy Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:41 pm

A post from zerdini on another site a while ago:

"Etherialisations are comparatively easily produced because they need a lot less power than a full-length cabinet materialisation.

They usually appear to be vaporous and insubstantial - sometimes one can put one's hand right through them - even though they may look solid.

Sometimes they may drape the medium with ectoplasm, and with an ectoplasmic mask superimposed over the medium's features, which can be quite evidential. Usually you are not permitted to touch them.

Often when spirits have been grabbed or seized, in a so-called exposure, the offenders are often left holding the medium while the ectoplasmic covering quickly dematerialises causing the medium considerable pain.

The cry of 'fraud' has often been levelled against a medium in such circumstances - falsely in my opinion.
In the final analysis it's the evidence which counts - evidence of survival that is.

It is rare indeed to find a medium of the calibre of Alec Harris or Minnie Harrison and invariably they are usually found in Home Circles."

Another quote I found:
"Etherialisation - This phenomenon is not so widely known as its sister-phenomenon, Materialisation. It is said that in the early days of physical mediumship, if there was insufficient ectoplasm available to clothe a spirit form, then energies were used to form what looked like a holographic effect, thereby providing physical evidence of spirit without the inherent dangers to the medium. This phenomenon has been seen as recently as the 1980s so it is still utilised by spirit on occasion and is very effective."

normy
normy

Back to top Go down

Post by normy Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:46 pm

_Leslie_ wrote:This has happened to me during private sittings - on occasions, I look at the recipient and am presented with the overshadowing / etherialisation of the communicator from spirit.
First time it happened I was mesmerised, lost the plot entirely with regards to the reading, but of course could say nothing to the recipient - or take a photo.

Its a fascinating subject and one I hope we will again a greater understandable of... Thanks for the info and image Normy...

Hi Leslie, overshadowing is interesting isn't it, I see a friend once a week and she insists that she sees my deceased brother over my face, although I don't claim to be a medium. She is clairvoyant and sees spirit forms at times, but surprisingly I see her face change quite frequently, although the features aren't defined enough to recognise anyone.
normy
normy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum