SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Vortex.

+2
Left Behind
petal34
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Vortex. Empty The Vortex.

Post by petal34 Sat May 19, 2012 3:37 pm

Been reading a book (only fiction) but based on knowledge and research into spirituualism.
Very,very interesting.
It mentions the Vortex.

Gentleman arrives into spirit,meets up with a relative who welcomes him to the spirit world.
(very well written book)
It mentions the Vortex,something I have heard or read about before.
Now can't remember where or what the Vortex is.....something like a giant dustbin?
Am I correct,please?
petal34
petal34

Back to top Go down

The Vortex. Empty Re: The Vortex.

Post by Left Behind Sat May 19, 2012 6:07 pm

It keeps getting mentioned in near-death literature, Petal.

Many near-death experiencers tell of falling or being sucked into some sort of vortex / tunnel / cave (variously described) and feeling themselves moving toward a light in the distance.

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by petal34 Sat May 19, 2012 7:33 pm

Left Behind wrote:It keeps getting mentioned in near-death literature, Petal.

Many near-death experiencers tell of falling or being sucked into some sort of vortex / tunnel / cave (variously described) and feeling themselves moving toward a light in the distance.

Yes,I know,Jim. I came across it in the book I sent you.
It quite fascinated me the way it was described in the story.
Very Happy
petal34
petal34

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Sat May 19, 2012 9:03 pm

Sounds interesting. What's the book called Joan?
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by petal34 Sat May 19, 2012 9:35 pm

It's not a 'dyed in the wool' book about spiritualism,Pete.
Just fiction but a darn good story about life after death.
Called 'What dreams may come'.
by Richard Mathieson.

A great deal of research went into it.

A movie was made from the book as well.
But I prefer the book.
Vortex was mentioned in the story.
petal34
petal34

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Tue May 22, 2012 10:43 pm

A couple of items, then, to keep my eyes peeled for, Pete! Wink

Joanie, I started to read the Matheson book this morning. Very Happy

Jim

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri May 25, 2012 12:50 am

Thought I would get back about the Vortex. One of teh world's major New Age centres is in Sedona USA. It is there because of the energy vortices. As a dowser I would love to visit the place and was very jealous when my friend Rev Marilyn Awtry visited it.

to quote Sedona's web site

The Energy of Sedona

In addition to being a beautiful and serene place, Sedona has long been known as a spiritual power center. This is because the power that emanates from the vortexes produces some of the most remarkable energy on the planet. This energy is the reason Sedona is full of people that are "on the path", that is, people who have made a commitment to grow and become as much as they can spiritually. It is also the reason that such a large New Age community has sprung up in the Sedona area, bringing with it a variety of spiritual practices and alternative healing modalities, and it is the reason Sedona has sometimes been called a spiritual Disneyland.

We have personally found the energy centers at Sedona both exciting and growth inspiring. If you are at all sensitive to the more subtle things, the experience of standing at one of these vortexes, and letting the energy flow into you and through you, can be almost overwhelming. People come from all over the world to experience this.

What is a Vortex?

A vortex is the funnel shape created by a whirling fluid or by the motion of spiraling energy. Familiar examples of vortex shapes are whirlwinds, tornadoes, and water going down a drain. A vortex can be made up of anything that flows, such as wind, water, or electricity.

The vortexes in Sedona are swirling centers of subtle energy coming out from the surface of the earth. The vortex energy is not exactly electricity or magnetism, although it does leave a slight measurable residual magnetism in the places where it is strongest.

There are four main energy vortexes in Sedona. The subtle energy that exists at these locations interacts with who a person is inside. The energy resonates with and strengthens the Inner Being of each person that comes within about a quarter to a half mile of it. This resonance happens because the vortex energy is very similar to the subtle energy operating in the energy centers inside each person. If you are at all a sensitive person, it is easy to feel the energy at these vortexes.

Not to hard a trip for Jim LB
The Vortex. Tcath10

This is the Cathedral Rock Vortex.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by petal34 Fri May 25, 2012 5:32 am

Thanks Admin,fits in with what I read from the fiction story about life after death.
Petal
petal34
petal34

Back to top Go down

Post by hiorta Fri May 25, 2012 7:35 am

I wonder whether the 'vortex' experience is of the same telluric energy that is common in Scotland and other places?
This, too, is a subtle and natural energy that flows via major rock(?) formations and disperses naturally.

The ancient 'coffin routes' follow the path of telluric energy, but it is not known whether the Celtic folk of that day were aware of it. Presumably they were, or at least some of them.

The main 'power stations' transmitting this energy are St. Kilda, the rocky massif some 40 miles west of the Hebrides, the rock upon which Edinburgh Castle stands and Giants Causeway in the North of Ireland.

A dowser lad from Crieff in Perthshire wrote a very informative book on the subject, having walked and measured the particular current in each of the many locations. He also gave the means of 'kick-starting' dormant energy routes. He is a dowser and has a good knowledge of his subject.

Regarding the 'Tunnel' mentioned in NDEs, I'd sort of concluded that this experience was the effect of a very swift change of location from a slow energy to a much faster one - when bodily energy is laid down and consequently spiritual energy becomes the primary one. The 'racing through a tunnel' effect is caused by the rapid adjustment in personal energies as we re-locate on the spectrum.

As a speculative notion, might not the reverse journey take place at birth?

Just to confound this view, I did not experience 'the tunnel' when the NDE under general anaesthetic occurred.

Last edited by hiorta on Fri May 25, 2012 9:38 am; edited 1 time in total
hiorta
hiorta

Back to top Go down

Post by petal34 Fri May 25, 2012 8:39 am

Interesting,Hiorta.
I was not aware that Edinburgh Castle stands on a rock transmitting this energy.
But other places I was aware of....(brother lives in Sutherland,has a keen interest in this kind of subject)
Coffin routes? Yes,have heard of those,a well known name for the 'path of the dead' as they are often called elsewhere.
Same as ley lines.
I worked in Bracknell college way back. There were a lot of rumours concerning this college,whether there were ley lines running through the ground the college was built on.
Lots of 'miss happenings' in that college,more sickness there than anywhere else (could be debatable) but it did happen and the authorities were rather concerned.
I retired from there and at my retirement 'do' was told by a colleague that it had been proved the reason why said college was moved to another area was the 'ley lines'.
Very mysterious indeed.
petal34
petal34

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri May 25, 2012 8:41 am

Hiorta,

Interesting things Ley Lines what people do not seem to realise is our own power to impress the earth with energy. In the case of the Celtic Burial Paths it is more likely that they had a place to live and a sacred place to bury the people. In the act of "worship" walking the path they laid down that energy.

You will find it on all the pilgrim trails if you dowse it. Natural energy lines will also form between places used for a religous significance where the energy of the sacred process causes an energy line to form linking them.

If you go to the forum area where I have written about beacons of Light that is the theory I used. In my groups I often prove our personal energy by creating lines from stones charged in peoples palm chakras or the colour of energy they charge glasses of water with.

In realty this is only a part of Spirit in that it is a natural gift inherent in all of us not something Spirit does for us.

Jim
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri May 25, 2012 8:42 am

In terms of Edinburgh Castle did the energy exist or was it implanted by man. In my opinion it is a combination of both but man has a very big impact. Remember to walk lightly upon our earth.

Jim
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by _Leslie_ Fri May 25, 2012 9:08 am

I thought Edinburgh Castle sat on an extinct volcano? Wonder if volcanic rock, or that it was a volcano has anything to do with it being thought of as a 'power station'? If so, then maybe the same applies to other extinct volcanoes around the World (and if not - why?).
_Leslie_
_Leslie_

Back to top Go down

Post by hiorta Fri May 25, 2012 10:10 am

Telluric energy has similar properties to electricity and are probably connected in some way. Both take the line of least resistance. For example, a 'notch' in the skyline of a range of hills will be a conduit for this energy. Apparently it also will gather in any kind of 'cavern' - even a sheep's skull.

The sad thing is that unless money to be made, little attention is given to it.
Truly, we block our own progress by our pygmy thought processes.

Abolish money and at a stroke we have a more equal society and achieve a breakthrough in thinking.

The lad in Crieff, Scotland is: David R. Cowan, Baird Buildings, 48a East High Street, CRIEFF. Perthshire, Scotland.

He now has 7 or so books on natural Earth energies. I no longer have his email address, but he will reply to correspondence. I have never met him, only via e.mail.

Scotland is particularly well endowed with mountains of so many kinds and an abundance of underground rivers, which seem to be a source of energy.
hiorta
hiorta

Back to top Go down

Post by petal34 Fri May 25, 2012 10:52 am

Talking about electricity gathering in a sheep's skull.
Reminds me of what a small experiment hubby demonstrated to me one day.
Was installing a new point in the lounge while I was busy further up in the room.
He shouted to me and when I turned around,there he was, a lighted bulb in his hand.
Not plugged anywhere.
It lit up briefly then went out.
petal34
petal34

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Fri May 25, 2012 9:21 pm

He should have worked on that, Petal: you could have saved on your electric bill! Laughing

Sedona. . . in Arizona, isn't it?

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri May 25, 2012 11:05 pm

Yes Arizona place I always wanted to visit oh well one day. I believe Mac is a regular visitor. Whe I was CEO of Australia's last remaining manufacturer of metal spectacle frames we used a design company based out of that state.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by petal34 Sat May 26, 2012 6:39 am

Why I mentioned the subject of Vortex,it was mentioned in the book (fiction) as part of the book I was reading.
Vortex was mentioned when main character in book was told to remove his shoes before 'thought' travelling.
He was a little disturbed at leaving his shoes on the ground as rubbish.
He was told not to worry as they would disappear into 'Vortex'.
Very Happy
petal34
petal34

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Sat May 26, 2012 4:48 pm

petal34 wrote:Why I mentioned the subject of Vortex,it was mentioned in the book (fiction) as part of the book I was reading.
Vortex was mentioned when main character in book was told to remove his shoes before 'thought' travelling.
Very Happy

When you mentioned the Vortex in connection with that book, Joanie, I was confused, because I don't remember the protagonist entering a vortex at the time of his bodily death.

Wasn't the word "matrix" used for the place where the shoes would be recycled?

Jim

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by petal34 Sat May 26, 2012 5:50 pm

Left Behind wrote:
petal34 wrote:Why I mentioned the subject of Vortex,it was mentioned in the book (fiction) as part of the book I was reading.
Very Happy

When you mentioned the Vortex in connection with that book, Joanie, I was confused, because I don't remember the protagonist entering a vortex at the time of his bodily death.

Wasn't the word "matrix" used for the place where the shoes would be recycled?

Jim

Oh my God,you are right,Jim.
Reading two books at the moment,Vortex was used in the other book.... Embarassed
So topic is incorrect,should be 'Matrix'.
Many apoligies.
(must be old age catching up.... Rolling Eyes )
Joan
petal34
petal34

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun May 27, 2012 3:04 am

While we know it is now the matrix here is a short video about the man who coined the term Ley originally photograper and dowser Alfred Watkins.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by petal34 Sun May 27, 2012 7:08 am

Extremely interesting,Admin. Stone henge is very well known,I know about Cambridgeshire. Must ask Left Behind if or where the leylines run through areas of Cambridgeshire. I sent him a book on the history of Cambridge but
didn't read it myself.
Must get myself a copy.
Thanks for the info.
Wish I could save that link.
petal34
petal34

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Mon May 28, 2012 7:25 pm

We gotcha, Joanie. Smile

I'll have to check your book about leylines through Cambridgeshire. I didn't start reading either of those two local history books yet: I put them aside as my next-up bedtime readings. After I finish Volume 2 of my collected Sherlock Holmes stories. Smile

Jim

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by petal34 Mon May 28, 2012 8:51 pm

Left Behind wrote:We gotcha, Joanie. Smile

I'll have to check your book about leylines through Cambridgeshire. I didn't start reading either of those two local history books yet: I put them aside as my next-up bedtime readings. After I finish Volume 2 of my collected Sherlock Holmes stories. Smile

Jim

No hurry,could look it up on the net,but may have more clear info in the books.
Very Happy
Joan
petal34
petal34

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Tue May 29, 2012 4:14 pm

Admin wrote:While we know it is now the matrix here is a short video about the man who coined the term Ley originally photograper and dowser Alfred Watkins.

I know someone named Watkins. Very Happy

Jim

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum