SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What can we do ?

+6
zerdini
hiorta
KatyKing
truthwillout
Admin
scottmilligan
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What can we do ? - Page 2 Empty Re: What can we do ?

Post by zerdini Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:18 pm

bravo321uk wrote:Thats really not nice katy, I dont think the aim of scott posting here was for publicity, I thought what he did was honest and open.. and I for one hope he continues posting

Ignore him - same old ,same old.......... Rolling Eyes

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:13 pm

I'll get me coat.
Embarassed
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:21 pm

Actually I thought Scott's post was perfectly sensible. Whether Scott is a physical medium or not I do not know (no disrespect intended). The proof of the pudding is evidence.

I cannot see how any form of clairvoyance could compare in terms of evidential quality to a conversation with a loved one through the offices of someone like Leslie Flint (who was a physical medium - correct me if I am wrong on this) via Independent Direct Voice or possibly through trance mediumship of the quality of George Chapman.

Everything else seems to me through a glass very darkly at best.

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:28 pm

I reckon young Milligan is a righteous medium too. Need to seperate out direct voice and trance from what the dark show wallahs are about which seems to be PK in the main. Shakes rattles and rolls.
Leslie Flint too many said he was the real deal for it to be othewise. Jack Corbett in trance same thing. Minnie Harrison I reckon was genuine no reason not to be non commercial and the witnesses had nothing to gain but a lot to lose. Helen Duncan my dad sat with. He reckoned it was right and I trust his opinions.. Couple of trance mediums we get are spot on too.
But these blackout pheomena-to-order at forty quid a pop people. I don't think so but would love the chance to be proved wrong.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:02 am

KatyKing wrote:I reckon young Milligan is a righteous medium too. Need to seperate out direct voice and trance from what the dark show wallahs are about which seems to be PK in the main. Shakes rattles and rolls.
Leslie Flint too many said he was the real deal for it to be othewise. Jack Corbett in trance same thing. Minnie Harrison I reckon was genuine no reason not to be non commercial and the witnesses had nothing to gain but a lot to lose. Helen Duncan my dad sat with. He reckoned it was right and I trust his opinions.. Couple of trance mediums we get are spot on too.
But these blackout pheomena-to-order at forty quid a pop people. I don't think so but would love the chance to be proved wrong.

I presume you mean you need to separate it out. Your original remark was, I think, about physical mediumship of which I understand the Independent Voice is supposed to be a form, hence my comment. I didn't think trance was considered to be a form of physical mediumship but I am happy to be corrected.

I don't really see much evidential value as far as survival is concerned in physical phenomena, other than the independent voice or materialisation, in the dark or otherwise (i still dont get how materialisation can be said to occur in pitch darkness). I can see how flying trumpets might be interesting to observe.

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:21 pm

Agreed obi.
I pick the idea up elsewhere on here.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by scottmilligan Tue May 01, 2012 4:30 pm

KatyKing wrote:Best way. Deprive the physical merchants of the oxygen of any publicity.

Katyking if I wanted to do this for publicity I would have posted on a Site with more hits and People who can open doors for me .
I asking The question What can we do ? Ive seen alot of post's on this site where people say we should do it this way and you need to do this and dont lisen to them.

But why are we not turning to the spirit and asking them . WHAT can we do ...
As a medium who is developing I sit for the spirit and allowing that power and relationship to build. we get told by people I want you to sit like this but how many physical mediums have they developed ???? and if they developed them where are they?? by if they have not developed them why shound the physical medium lisen to there demons. Suspect

If I can the goal post of my development to will show that im interfearing! if I could wave a magic wand,I would but sadly I cant all I can do is to conture sitting and working developing mediumship and if move in the area of trance and phyiscal so be it.. remember its still working for the other world bounce

scottmilligan

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Tue May 01, 2012 7:32 pm

Not you personally Scott I have said on here that I consider you to be a "righteous medium".
No it's the commercial physical merchants in general.
They have their own areas and forums and a wealthy following going by what they can get away with charging.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by _Leslie_ Tue May 01, 2012 7:51 pm

I'm in the 'wish there was more' physical mediumship corner, Scott, if you ever find yourself in my neck of the woods (north Wales) I'd be more than pleased to sit with you... Anyone who genuinely strives to bring our two worlds together for the advancement of all, deserves all our support.
_Leslie_
_Leslie_

Back to top Go down

Post by scottmilligan Tue May 01, 2012 7:55 pm

_Leslie_ wrote:I'm in the 'wish there was more' physical mediumship corner, Scott, if you ever find yourself in my neck of the woods (north Wales) I'd be more than pleased to sit with you... Anyone who genuinely strives to bring our two worlds together for the advancement of all, deserves all our support.

Thank you Leslie ....and katie sorry if i missed read the comment.

scottmilligan

Back to top Go down

Post by scottmilligan Tue May 01, 2012 7:59 pm

I have to say I sat with a MR W C and I have to say I was in shock of what went on . See I do understand the mediums mind can interfear but when you sit with a medium you feel the power and sences the spirit ... and with him nothing and people like that who are ruled by money needs addressing, NOW dont get me wronge you are paying for the mediums time, im not openning a can of worms saying about charging .. if your good at something its worth it. but when you are robbing someone thats just wrong ....

scottmilligan

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Tue May 01, 2012 9:59 pm

Every success to you Scott. If there were more like you about then PM would have a much better image than it has in some places.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue May 01, 2012 11:59 pm

Thanks again Scott well said. You are welcome on here. I agree with you about charging, I always maintain the medium has a right to charge as they feel fit, also on the proviso that you made they are not robbing people by faking it.

If this is the work you choose to make a living then you have to make one so go for it. I only ever get miffed when a line used to defend a well paid medium, earning a good living, is they make nothing out of it. Pointless defence of mediumship really, no one can do this as a way of life without earning money and its clear the man you mentioned in your last post knows its a decent living so he keeps going.

Good luck to you on the journey Scott

Jim
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LeroyC Wed May 02, 2012 8:34 am

What can we do ?

Hello everyone. I am a 'new poster', but perhaps the following may help. Firstly we need to stop giving the impression that all those who advocate physical mediumship are 'seance junkies' and just go for a 'dark show'

This is not the case. There are many people with many years experience and links to the Spiritualist movement who are happy to see a return to physical phenomena.

The tired old argument that 'this is a thing of the past in Spiritualism' just shows the ignorance of Spiritualists and others who spout it. If that was the case, then why on earth was the NAS formed, so we could all be deluded in the dark ???.

Remember, most of the mediums sitting for the NAS were sitting in the dark, and there were enough experienced older Spiritualists around to witness what was taking place, many who had sat with the 'greats', such as Alex Harris.

If Scott ( and this is NOT an attack on Scott, as I have never met the gentleman ) wants to know what we can do , then quite simply start obtaining some evidence of survival. Phenomena means little without it.

If the physical mediums developing out there, and indeed one or two on the 'circuit' wish to devleop the gift and work with spirit, thren this is what is needed. Did this occur in the past. Indeed it did. For example:

The Bangs sisters; precipitated spirit portraits, produced in large public demonstrations of peoples loved ones ( ie, the Allfored portrait, Pearl, etc etc )

Physical materialisation of individual loved ones who were recognised and spoken to by their relatives on earth. A frequent occurenca at Alex Harris seances, Minnie Harrison and Helen Duncan amongst others

Evidence of individual communications via direct voice by Leslie Flint and earlier mediums such as Emily French and Etta Wreidt

I could go on. The impact of such reunions can be mind blowing and are the very crux of devloping physical mediumship; where evidence CAN be astounding. Unfortunately Scott, too many of the modern practitioners are short of this aspect of the 'gift'. Ask yourself why.

The comment was made, quite correctly, that if Spirit can go to all the trouble of materialising a 'personality' from the spirit world why is it so much more difficult to materialise one of your deceased relatives whom you would recognise ??.

Until modern physical mediumship tears itself away from much of the mediocrity it will only continue to open itself to criticism

LeroyC

LeroyC

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Wed May 02, 2012 10:59 am

Good post Leroy and welcome. That's an opinion not necessarily fact that there are hobbyist PM folowers going from one seance to another and doing little else in the Spiritualist line. It's my opinion probably only mine but based on what I've seen , read and some of those that I've met who go in for that sort of thing.
I am very pro physical mediumship when it is genuine, non commercial and serves to bring clear and uncontestable survival evidence. The more of that the better we'd be turining people away from our packed churches if we had more of that. But there seems to have grown up a sub cult of PM with certain mediums putting on dark shows in certain venues that to all intents and purposes 'look' to the outsider like a spiritualist church or centre but are in fact sleazy clip joints set up to deprive the gullible of ther money. A sort of PM 'night club' circuit.
Safest place for PM to takle place is in a well regulated environment with safeguarding for all in place. These 'back street' trumpet flying trumpet sanctuaries serve no purpose beyond lining te pockets of their owners and those who pass of phoney phenomena in them. It gives Spiritualism a bad name and we are all to some extent tarred with that brush if we don't protest about what is happening.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum