SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Skotography

+3
KatyKing
zerdini
truthwillout
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Skotography Empty Skotography

Post by truthwillout Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:32 pm

Not exactly photography but does anyone here have any experience of Skotography? I've been doing this for some time now with interesting results. Naturally the images aren't as focussed and clear as a photo but nevertheless interesting. I've had the privilege of seeing Estelle Robert's Skotos and they are remarkable. However, there are no records as to the methods used to create them. Personally, I simply flash a light towards the photographic paper for a split second, before developing them. Sometimes the papre has been in a light prrof envelope and been with us in the circle room. Other times, people sit with the paper in the dark for a while and also there are simply random moments when the paper is developed. I was directed by Spirit communication to do this (flash some light) as it was suggested that an energy source would be beneficial. Doe anyone else do Skotography?

truthwillout

Back to top Go down

Skotography Empty Re: Skotography

Post by zerdini Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:55 pm

truthwillout wrote:Not exactly photography but does anyone here have any experience of Skotography? I've been doing this for some time now with interesting results. Naturally the images aren't as focussed and clear as a photo but nevertheless interesting. I've had the privilege of seeing Estelle Robert's Skotos and they are remarkable. However, there are no records as to the methods used to create them. Personally, I simply flash a light towards the photographic paper for a split second, before developing them. Sometimes the papre has been in a light prrof envelope and been with us in the circle room. Other times, people sit with the paper in the dark for a while and also there are simply random moments when the paper is developed. I was directed by Spirit communication to do this (flash some light) as it was suggested that an energy source would be beneficial. Doe anyone else do Skotography?

Skotography - A term (from the Greek for "dark-writing") proposed by Felicia Scatcherd for psychographs, spirit writing on photographic plates in unopened packets, and similar effects. Scatcherd was a member of the Society for Psychical Research, London, and helped W. T. Stead found Julia's Bureau. She was associated with the study of psychic photography. She died in 1927.

Madge Donohoe, widow of Martin H. Donohoe, British war correspondent of the Daily Chronicle, was known to produce a bewildering variety of skotographs—landscapes (often peopled), flowers, star constellations, jewels, birds, dogs, hands, eyes, and faces. Her gift was tested by F. W. Warrick, a chemical manufacturer and well-known British psychical researcher.

Many alleged skotographs can be found on Flickr.

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by truthwillout Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:16 pm

Thanks for the reply. I've introduced it in workshops and nobody has ever come across it before. I can't even remember where I got the idea from to do it. I'll look up flickr and Madge Donohoe - cheers. Smile

truthwillout

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:07 pm

Skimmed something recently about holding unexposed photographic paper between the hands then developing the paper. Possibly in Kitson writing about the Crewe circle.
There's sure to be something more current about. Good luck with your tests. Let us know how you get on.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:22 am

This is an interesting piece in paranexus

http://paranexus.org/parapedia/index.php?title=Thought_Photography
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:27 am

Of course one of the last controversial characters was Ted Serios,
On the clip it might help if you speak German I have no idea what is being said.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by truthwillout Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:10 pm

Thank you everyone. It's interesting how it can be conducted in two ways -either by thought or randomly. In my experiments they are random. I may have a go at thought photography as an experiment!

truthwillout

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:20 pm

truthwillout wrote:Thank you everyone. It's interesting how it can be conducted in two ways -either by thought or randomly. In my experiments they are random. I may have a go at thought photography as an experiment!

Some friends conducted an experiment many years ago in which they concentrated on the thought of God. The developed picture came out as a circle which they interpreted as 'without beginning or end'.

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by _Leslie_ Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:31 pm

Admin wrote:Of course one of the last controversial characters was Ted Serios,
On the clip it might help if you speak German I have no idea what is being said.

I'll watch this with my Wife as she speaks German and may be able to help to throw some light on it for me.
_Leslie_
_Leslie_

Back to top Go down

Post by _Leslie_ Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:32 pm

zerdini wrote:
truthwillout wrote:Thank you everyone. It's interesting how it can be conducted in two ways -either by thought or randomly. In my experiments they are random. I may have a go at thought photography as an experiment!

Some friends conducted an experiment many years ago in which they concentrated on the thought of God. The developed picture came out as a circle which they interpreted as 'without beginning or end'.

Quite an apt image really... "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End"
_Leslie_
_Leslie_

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:15 pm

Or 'You'll be going round in circles' Very Happy
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark74 Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:11 pm

truthwillout wrote:Not exactly photography but does anyone here have any experience of Skotography? I've been doing this for some time now with interesting results. Naturally the images aren't as focussed and clear as a photo but nevertheless interesting. I've had the privilege of seeing Estelle Robert's Skotos and they are remarkable. However, there are no records as to the methods used to create them. Personally, I simply flash a light towards the photographic paper for a split second, before developing them. Sometimes the papre has been in a light prrof envelope and been with us in the circle room. Other times, people sit with the paper in the dark for a while and also there are simply random moments when the paper is developed. I was directed by Spirit communication to do this (flash some light) as it was suggested that an energy source would be beneficial. Doe anyone else do Skotography?

Clairvoyance and Thoughtography by Doctor Fukurai is a good book on Skotography. Centres around his work with the Japanese clairvoyant medium Chizuko Mifune. I wasn't aware that Estelle Roberts also done Skotos truthwillout. Where did you see her work in this area?

Mark74

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:36 pm

Mark74 wrote:

Clairvoyance and Thoughtography by Doctor Fukurai is a good book on Skotography. Centres around his work with the Japanese clairvoyant medium Chizuko Mifune. I wasn't aware that Estelle Roberts also done Skotos truthwillout. Where did you see her work in this area?

There is a spirit photograph of her guide, Red Cloud, in her autobiography.

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by truthwillout Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:09 am

I'll look up the book by Dr Fukarai thanks. Steven Upton was generously given a photo album of Estelle's skotographs, by Estelle's family. He is going to get them properly mounted so that they can go in the museum at Stansted Hall. There is no information's to how they were created. Some of them contain code words and Sir Arthur Conan Doyle deciphered it. Others show a lot of native amercican images.[img][/img]

truthwillout

Back to top Go down

Post by truthwillout Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:14 am

If anyone can tell please me the process to display a photo I'll upload one and post it.

truthwillout

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:46 am

Hi Truth,

If you look just above the box for reply (quick or full reply) You will see what looks like a picture with a floppy disk. A click on this allows you to host an image on the forums associated filesaver for pictures. Once this is uploaded you will see a box with a url to copy. You the click on the picture image and paste that link in. This will then allow the picture to be seen on the forum.

Thanks

Jim
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by truthwillout Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:51 am

lost image

Last edited by truthwillout on Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:20 am; edited 1 time in total

truthwillout

Back to top Go down

Post by truthwillout Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:51 am

Thanks Jim Smile

truthwillout

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:52 am

That looks great Truth
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by truthwillout Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:04 am

I just wish we knew the method used. I'm still experimenting but my results are very different. There are so many factors that could affect this due to modern developing photographic paper and chemicals. However, I can see possibilities as to how a similar effect could be reproduced too. Estelle's descendants had no idea how they conducted their Skotography but at least they will now be preserved.

truthwillout

Back to top Go down

Post by truthwillout Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:11 am

This was one of my first. It's a photo of the skoto, so not as clear as the original but the lady is confirmed as someone in one of our sitter's family.

Last edited by truthwillout on Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:21 am; edited 1 time in total

truthwillout

Back to top Go down

Post by truthwillout Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:36 am

Here's another type with different textures. Each one is so different!

Last edited by truthwillout on Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:21 am; edited 1 time in total

truthwillout

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:04 pm

How long have you been doing this Truth, Lis had some experience of this in Prahran, Melbourne back in the late 1970's where on undeveloped paper they had images and faces.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by truthwillout Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:09 pm

I started experimenting a couple of years ago. Someone I was talking to about it, just said get the paper and chemicals and teach yourself - so I did. It's trial and error and some days nothing appears. I need to do some more as I haven't done any at home for a while. I've ordered the Fukurai book so it will be interesting to see what he has to say on the subject. I'd like to just develop my own way but always open to suggestion. Last year I did some with a photographer presetn who suggested pre-flashing the paper before developing it. It didn't work out for us so at the moment I'm sticking to the method I stumbled upon. I hope to do some more this week.

truthwillout

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu May 10, 2012 1:10 am

Stephen Braude on Ted Serios
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content