SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How I became a Spiritualist = Part II

3 posters

Go down

How I became a Spiritualist = Part II Empty How I became a Spiritualist = Part II

Post by Bill Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:10 pm

After the experience I had at Crookham Church I started to attend regularly, became a member and after some three months was invited to join their development circle.
The circle mainly consisted of sweet old ladies and although it was a pleasant enough experience, after a few months I couldn't see much personal progress.
I was then offered a place another circle run by the president of Aldershot Spiritualist church,
Mrs Luck. She was known to all as Lucky. She was certainly lucky for me because under her tutelage I began to develop clairvoyance quite rapidly. I also started giving healing under her guidance and through Spirit had some amazing results.
One Wednesday evening I attended Farnham Spiritualist Church for the first time and was shocked when the president asked if I would take the platform on a Sunday in two weeks time.
I then shocked myself even more by saying that I would. For the next couple of weeks I was a nervous wreck and thinking to myself that I was an absolute idiot for agreeing to do it.
The time eventually came and I was introduced from the platform and stood up to give the address. I remember as if it were only yesterday the first words I spoke as a platform worker.
I said "Please excuse me" and took a huige gulp of water and then said, "I am terribly dry and I am not sure if it is nerves or the fact that I had kippers for breakfast". This made people laugh and away I went. I can remember very little of the rest of the service, both the address and later the clairvoyance seemed to go past in a daze. It must have gone ok because I was booked again in six weeks time.
I gradually became more confident and did work around a few churches in Hampshire and Surrey. This continued untill I was posted away to Carlisle. Once in Carlisle, a new chapter in
Working for Spirit opened up for me. That is a story for another time.

Peace & Love

Bill

Bill

Back to top Go down

How I became a Spiritualist = Part II Empty Re: How I became a Spiritualist = Part II

Post by zerdini Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:48 pm

Interesting Bill that you should mention Aldershot Church as I had an experience there many years ago and it wasn't good but that's another story. Embarassed

Anyway keep sharing your experiences as they are most enjoyable.

Z

zerdini

Back to top Go down

How I became a Spiritualist = Part II Empty Re: How I became a Spiritualist = Part II

Post by Bill Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:26 am

Thanks Z.
It appears that the experience you had made you blush. I would like
to hear that story some time. lol

Cheers.

Bill

Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:01 am

Hi Bill,

Many thanks for sharing your experience I'm sure there are many who feel like you aboout their first platform. It also illustrates some other issues for those wishing to develop.

Like You I'd love to hear Z's story.

Cheers

Jim
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down