SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

History of Spiritualism Among Black Churches King Narcisse

3 posters

Go down

History of Spiritualism Among Black Churches King Narcisse Empty History of Spiritualism Among Black Churches King Narcisse

Post by Admin Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:38 am

Fascinating, written by an anti Spiritualist but he actually presents a very interesting picture. This one is for Jim (Left behind) as the man brought the New Orleans movement to California
http://sanctifiedchurchrevolution.blogspot.com.au/2012/03/history-of-spiritualism-among-black.html

Totally different pictue of him here http://www.myspace.com/kingdomchiefjustice/blog/348288587 However, he grew up just as this style of Spiritualist church was setting up in New Orleans following the removal of Coloured Spiritualists from the USA's NSAC, on the basis of the countries colur segregation, into their own Coloured Spiritualists Association.

Jim
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

History of Spiritualism Among Black Churches King Narcisse Empty Re: History of Spiritualism Among Black Churches King Narcisse

Post by Left Behind Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:13 am

Thanks, Jim. Now you see why I said that there are some Spiritualist churches here in New Orleans, but I have a strong feeling that I wouldn't fit in at them. Laughing

I do remember reding somewhere that their spirit guide is an American Indian named Black Elk.

I never heard of King Narcisse before, but I remember as a kid growing up in Philadelphia, people speaking of Father Divine. His organization was headquartered there.

Jim

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

History of Spiritualism Among Black Churches King Narcisse Empty Re: History of Spiritualism Among Black Churches King Narcisse

Post by Admin Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:20 am

I have quite a lot of info on Black Elk and the other guides involved Jim, once I put it together. In New Orleans one of teh major figures was Leafy Anderson to quote Wikipedia
born in Wisconsin and in 1913 founded the Eternal Life Christian Spiritualist Association. In 1920 she relocated to New Orleans, Louisiana, where she demonstrated mediumship by bringing messages from her spirit guide Black Hawk, a historical war leader of the Native American Sauk tribe, who had lived near where she was born
I suspect leafy would be one affected by the new NSAC rules.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:39 pm

This is interesting, Jim. As a Spiritualist and a New Orleanian I should really attempt to learn about this, if for no reason than historical.

Jim

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:40 pm

Very odd that segregation. We didnt have it to anything like the formal extent it was in USA so we dont have black spiritualist churches here. Lots of black pentecostal causes some African some West Indian in cities where there are sizeable black communities and never the twain shall mix. They are all over the God channels on satellite TV. I never saw a black person until teenage years and have come across no more than a handful in spiritualist church services down the years and most of those were in London. We get a fair sprinkling of Indians at our church mini sittings Saturdays but few at services. bIggest Indian community outside India in local city. Its a cultural thing in England with black churches I think. When they first arrived in the sixties they maybe werent welcomed in the regular churches so ... birds of a feather.......
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down