SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BBC Newsnight takes on Homeopathy

5 posters

Go down

BBC Newsnight takes on Homeopathy Empty BBC Newsnight takes on Homeopathy

Post by Admin Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:29 am

To be honest I do worry anout some of our alternative therapies. I can see some of the benefits but as a Spiritual Healer i would always want people to listen to their Doctors advice.

The spoof that they mention is quite funny
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

BBC Newsnight takes on Homeopathy Empty Re: BBC Newsnight takes on Homeopathy

Post by Wes Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:25 am

Here's an interesting article called: The Swiss Government's Remarkable Report on Homeopathic Medicine

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dana-ullman/homeopathic-medicine-_b_1258607.html
Wes
Wes

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:54 pm

Hahnemann [Sp?] who came up with it came back as a spirit Dr guide to someone. Forget who but someone 'published'. Could have been Doris Collins I was looking at her bio last week for something or other.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Quiet Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:22 pm

Homoeopathy is an ancient practice and you can't dismiss it out of hand.

I was helped by a GP who had also studied alternative medicines including homoeopathy for a condition which was a consequence of another medical condition. A homoeopathic remedy worked when nothing else had.

Major prescribed pharmaceuticals for my medical condition on the other hand not worked and , in fact, had a devastating effect. The drugs that I was prescribed have since been taken off the market because of particular side effects which were not outlined in warnings by the drug company or the doctors. The former were mainly responsible for this. I am especially careful now before taking prescribed medications of any kind and always do my own research. Same with alternative approaches

Good alternative health professionals work in hand with traditional doctors. One of the most impressive healers I know is a homoeopath. She is a deeply spiritual person and uses a variety of approaches.

I do believe that conventional medicine has a major role and would have taken the antimalarials. It's all a matter of balance, I think.

Quiet

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:09 am

The Queen uses homeopathy as did her dear mother who also invited mediums to sit for her at the palace. That's a matter of record not rumour.
Rumour has it that The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh have a regular medium who visits when they are at Sandringham.
That medium [not a big name but she's well known and thought of in Norfolk and has served the Hunstanton cause] is not for saying but I reckon it's true enough.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:24 am

I was never really well taking malaria tablets when working in India all that quinine,,filthy stuff and one we took first year was withdrawn and replaced with another in second year. For some reason you had to take two different animalarials daily. Better than getting malaria though.
I'm with you Q, will take modern medicine but also a big believer in alternative approaches too.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Quiet Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:43 am

Silver Birch was asked a question about homoeopathy . From memory he thought it was all right and better than some other approaches.

Silver Birch's attitude to illness was interesting. He seemed to approach it from the perspective that our fear of illness shows something of the human fear of death. We have nothing to fear if we place our trust in the Great Spirit. That may be so but his is a fairly high level analysis from a spirit who is some distance from earthly life!

In a perfect world we would have knowledge and complete faith that all will be well. Silver Birch (and other great spirit communicators) say that we are spirits having a human experience and that we have no real sense of what our spiritual power and potential is. I guess some have more understanding than others.

From what I understand of Silver Birch's communications, we came to this earthly life to progress spiritually - and that means, partly at least, struggling in what must seem to the spirit world to be a boggy fog. No wonder we don't understand!

If we lived in harmony, there would be no illness but we inevitably have some disharmony because of our various positions on the road to enlightenment. Smile

I like reading this stuff but sometimes I need to put it down and go out to and have a deep breath Smile

Quiet

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:22 pm

Silver Birch seemed to have a lot in common with the Christian Scientists as far as healing was concerned.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by tmmw Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:04 pm

it can be quite confusing when we are told that if we are sick it is because we are living out of harmony or are thinking some thought that we shouldn't Shocked . If we live in perfect harmony and don't think evil thoughts we will have perfect health. Sorry I don't believe in that theory.

If we spend thousands of dollars on Natural medicine when we have a chronic illness we will be better than ever.... Take this, if it doesn't work it is your fault and there is no hope, oh well, someone has to benefit from someone elses failures. darts Sorry one of my pet peeves and just had to voice it, don't mean to offend. Razz

tmmw

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:51 pm

That' the difference between faith healng and spiritual [st] Healing perhaps. Faith healer says believe and be healed and if you're not healed then maybe you didn' have enough faith.
Spiritual healer trusts to channel healing of which atient may be unaware as in remote healing or if a participant onky their attendnce is expected nothing else. Thet certainly don' need to believe in the healing for it to work.
That said last thing I'd want to hear if I was flat out at the foot of a ladder with a gathering crowd around and my leg bent at a very worrying angle is....
'Let me through I' a spiritual healer'
No sirree. Bring on that ambulance,those pain killers and a bonesetter who has spent seven years minimum in medical school preferably much longer. Spiritual healers can begin to call when I'm convalescing.
Here's another my old Dad saying [he didn't trust Doctors].....
Q. What do you call the chap who was worst at everything and came last in his graduate class exams at medical schook?

A. Doctor.
'
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by tmmw Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:01 pm

Lol Very Happy

tmmw

Back to top Go down

Post by Quiet Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:15 pm

tmmw wrote:it can be quite confusing when we are told that if we are sick it is because we are living out of harmony or are thinking some thought that we shouldn't Shocked . If we live in perfect harmony and don't think evil thoughts we will have perfect health. Sorry I don't believe in that theory.

If we spend thousands of dollars on Natural medicine when we have a chronic illness we will be better than ever.... Take this, if it doesn't work it is your fault and there is no hope, oh well, someone has to benefit from someone elses failures. darts Sorry one of my pet peeves and just had to voice it, don't mean to offend. Razz

You're not offending me at all. I am simply quoting Silver Birch ..................... but if you go back and read you'll see I made a somewhat sardonic observation that this was a 'high level' analysis from the spirit world Smile.

I don't want to disparage that view but it is perhaps a first principle - a long way from the humdrum realities of human life as I know it.

I think it is a view that is distorted by many so called healers as well. Louise L. Hay is one that comes to mind for me. I have much negativity about her work as you might have picked up from a much earlier post.

Quiet

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:22 pm

tmmw wrote:it can be quite confusing when we are told that if we are sick it is because we are living out of harmony or are thinking some thought that we shouldn't Shocked . If we live in perfect harmony and don't think evil thoughts we will have perfect health. Sorry I don't believe in that theory.

I can fully understand your peeve, its like mine when everyone has an illness because of something i.e childrens asthma is caused by one emotional issue. Locally we have a Spiritual Healing Association not strong on rigorous training. I once saw one of their tutors attending a healing course, at least she was prepared to learn more, but giving healing as a trainee. Working round the body pointing at parts and saying what was wrong in the organ that was placed there. I must say that with the kidney in the armpit and the liver placed as it was it was a miracle the client was alive, especially where her heart had dropped to. Sadly I am not joking.

I am well aware there are many dedicated, well trained healers who operate in the alternative field. Sadly even herbalists and people who believe in herbal medicine reccomend "cures" to others without an understanding that what is safe for one person is poison to another.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:24 pm

I think it is a view that is distorted by many so called healers as well. Louise L. Hay is one that comes to mind for me. I have much negativity about her work as you might have picked up from a much earlier post.

You may gather I support you in that view Quiet and when people mention her name in conjunction with Spiritual healing I cringe, indeed I tend to open a rather robust discussion.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tmmw Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:28 pm

Thank you everyone for your comments, I feel a little relieved. It can be a bit confusing at times with all that is out there.

tmmw

Back to top Go down

Post by Quiet Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:33 pm

I think that being at peace can certainly assist health and prevent illnesses. For example, auto-immune diseases are often related to stress. Cancer can also, in some instances, be related to stress. Some serious illnesses are secondary to stress related conditions.

So perhaps, this is basically what Silver Birch implied in his comments.

Quiet

Back to top Go down

Post by tmmw Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:03 pm

That makes sense, thanks Quiet.

tmmw

Back to top Go down

Post by Quiet Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:02 pm

This hit our papers today:

http://www.theage.com.au/national/health/alternative-medicine-crackdown-20120313-1uyiw.html

Controversy about alternative medicines has bubbled along here for a few years and will continue no doubt.

There are strong claims on both sides of the fence.

If an adult chooses an approach to treating his/her own illness (as the woman in this story did) then I can't see the problem. Her life, her money, her choice. It is different when children are concerned. They can't make those choices.

Quiet

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:06 pm

We don't have that issue here. The national Health Service only pays for certain treatments. Anything else you pay for yourself and that includes all 'alternative' therapies.
They can't really ban something that's been around for years, is harmless (if useless) and that you pay for yourself.
Chiropractic, for my money is dangerous; seen one or two nasty dislocations as a result of overenthusiastic bone crackers in my time. But if that's what folk want and they'll pay then who am I to criticise.
Fair enough if something is dangerous like that balloon Timothy Leary and his LSD 'therapies' in the sixties or the 'primal scream' abusers a decade later. But down home alternative therapies with no side effects... why not?
Once these people get a taste for banning something and get away with it.... who might be next for the ban?
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:13 pm

Inthe end Governments will be forced to create some formal registration and accreditation scheme. This was one of the more unfortunate events in Adelaide not Homeopathy but in the weird areas of alternative medicine
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/breaking-news/bogus-cancer-cure/story-e6frea73-1111116850564
also
http://www.watoday.com.au/national/alternative-cancer-care-under-fire-20111212-1ori2.html

As with everyting it is the extremes that cause trouble, a balance of approaches has to be considered including normal medicine. Although an adult may choose they need to ensure they do get benefits aso that they are not then forced into much more aggressive treatments when and if the alternative goes wrong. Ther is always the impact upon loved ones to consider as well.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wes Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:38 am

I've had great benefits from acupuncture and chiropractic treatments (physically and emotionally), and on the flip side also been less than impressed by a chiropractor who wanted me to come twice a week for six weeks to fix a problem, which could have been fixed by correct posture and some stretching exercises. So like any profession, you want to find the right practitioner..

My sister-in-law is slowly moving away from paid employment to become a full time homeopath. She is one of the most hard headed, PC, no-nonsense people you would ever meet, so for her to be embracing such things is quite encouraging.
Wes
Wes

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:37 pm

I went to an osteopath once and he sorted my bad back out there and then.
After the treatment he told me He'd detected a shoulder problem too and to make another appointment. Went back for that a couple of weeks later and he managed to put my shoulder out. It ached for weeks and prior to I 'd only had an odd twinge from it. Tends to put one off. Homeoopathy though I reckon that the business. Big chemist chain here sells remedies. Tried a couple and they worked for me.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum