SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ONTARIO CATHOLIC PARANORMAL RESEARCH SOCIETY ECTOPLASM

5 posters

Go down

ONTARIO CATHOLIC PARANORMAL RESEARCH SOCIETY ECTOPLASM Empty ONTARIO CATHOLIC PARANORMAL RESEARCH SOCIETY ECTOPLASM

Post by Admin Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:02 pm

Clearly they are taking a totally scientific and unbiased view based upon sound research principles levitating

http://ocprstoronto.wordpress.com/2012/02/27/ectoplasm-phenomenon-paranormal-science-or-modern-spiritualism-from-the-ontario-catholic-paranormal-research-society/
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

ONTARIO CATHOLIC PARANORMAL RESEARCH SOCIETY ECTOPLASM Empty Re: ONTARIO CATHOLIC PARANORMAL RESEARCH SOCIETY ECTOPLASM

Post by hiorta Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:40 pm

Oh dear. Catholicism trying to take the centre ground again.

The obvious way to do this is the one way they wont even talk about. Vis:
Roman Catholicism's claim over transubstantiation would be a winner if they could 'prove' that a Christ is physically present at the Eucharist, thanks to the 'special powers' of priests.

To confirm this, a simple DNA test would seemingly suffice, providing the proof of their claim to be unbrokenly connected to the original. The DNA should also throw up many interesting side issues of great interest to humanity generally, but showing the RC religion to be the 'true' one would resolve the endless religious wars and their childish hair-splitting wrangles, would it not?
As a 'piƩce de resistance' and underlining their claim to sole Truth, the fact that all priests are possessed with this unique power should result in all DNA samples from all Eucharists on each Transubstantiation having identical DNA patterns.
Who could deny their claims now?
Why then do they always avoid the test?

Last edited by hiorta on Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:41 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Clarification.)
hiorta
hiorta

Back to top Go down

ONTARIO CATHOLIC PARANORMAL RESEARCH SOCIETY ECTOPLASM Empty Re: ONTARIO CATHOLIC PARANORMAL RESEARCH SOCIETY ECTOPLASM

Post by Left Behind Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:58 am

I don't get your point. Why would all priests have identical DNA?

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by hiorta Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:46 am

It's poorly phrased - each wafer would have the DNA pattern of 'Christ'
My apologies, it was late.
hiorta
hiorta

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:56 am

They did it already. Apparently Jesus was made of dough.

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:49 pm

You're taking a scientific-materialist view of the subject. The RC church, in which I was raised, doesn't teach that the elements (bread and wine) are changed into the body and blood of Christ, in a way that human senses or human measuring rods, could verify: rather, that the elements are changed into same in their inner, spiritual essence.

Yes, it sounds like a cop-out, and to some extent is. But it makes sense (whether or not you accept it) when viewed in the context of Platonic philosophy: that something's inner essence is not necessarily what you perceive with your senses.

Rather like what Spiritualists believe. Smile

Jim

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by hiorta Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:04 pm

""The RC church, in which I was raised, doesn't teach that bread and wine are changed into the body and blood of Christ."" Jim.

Oh, yes they do - or at least they did when I was being indoctrinated. As knowledge increases religion quietly retreats.
hiorta
hiorta

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:46 pm

Yep. Transubstantiation is still very much RC dogma.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:31 pm

hiorta wrote:""The RC church, in which I was raised, doesn't teach that bread and wine are changed into the body and blood of Christ."" Jim.

Oh, yes they do - or at least they did when I was being indoctrinated. As knowledge increases religion quietly retreats.

The quote from me is taken out of context. If you go back and read the entire sentence, you will see that what I said was very different.

Jim

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:38 pm

Chap called Main an English Carmelite. Passed now moved to Canada and set up a monastery cum Ashram. Movement became huge still going and there are books. All based on meditation groups and he was very close to spiritualists. Main's concept of 'Godself' is essentially the same as our 'union in Spirit'. Expect some of his people are involved in this society.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down