SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is anyone interested in automatic writing anymore?

+3
Wes
KatyKing
Left Behind
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Is anyone interested in automatic writing anymore? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is anyone interested in automatic writing anymore?

Post by KatyKing Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:39 pm

Idea Go for it Jim [LB]
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Is anyone interested in automatic writing anymore? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is anyone interested in automatic writing anymore?

Post by KatyKing Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:41 pm

Idea Go for it Jim [LB]
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:43 pm

scratch Flippin Kindle has hiccups again!
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:03 pm

I'm going to give it a try. Right now I'm finishing up Kardec's Book on Mediums - trying to pick up on any important pointers or warnings - and will then proceed. Smile

Jim

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:19 pm

Would be interested in seeing what you get Jim. Usual email.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:10 pm

KatyKing wrote:Does your guide take commissions Jim?
There's this paper I have to get done ...
;-)
Actually I know that problem I have a few items in the queue too..with a visiting medium here just no way to get anything done on the last 3 days. Running a place causes havoc to the, creative processes especially when you fit the physical job in to pay for living expenses.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:48 pm

I will keep you posted, Peter. Smile

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:58 pm

We've never put mediums up and I'll drive back rather than stay over with church folks or book into a B&B. Anti social a bit but we have two wappy dogs [always had two] plus a medium's cat here so no rest for guests and I'd not wish me in a morning on anyone to whom I was not married. Mrs K kinda has to tolerate me but anyone else......
When I was a kid we often had visiting mediums staying over. We also had no electricity and an outdoor WC. Another world!
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:03 am

We've never put mediums up and I'll drive back rather than stay over with church folks or book into a B&B. Anti social a bit but we have two wappy dogs [always had two] plus a medium's cat here so no rest for guests and I'd not wish me in a morning on anyone to whom I was not married. Mrs K kinda has to tolerate me but anyone else......
When I was a kid we often had visiting mediums staying over. We also had no electricity and an outdoor WC. Another world!
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:03 am

Well we are a little like that but my deputy leader has happily put this lady up. Lis and I would rather stay somewhere else if it was us or put people in accomodation. Often best for longer term visitors as the hosts can think they have their own medium on tap and never give them a rest.

On a rest day if we take visitors out its pleasure not business.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:11 am

Know what you mean Jim. Mrs Ks auntie and husband run a B&B and they work harder than anyone I've ever met. It's like spring cleaning every day.
There's that temptation to always be 'on'if you stay with spiritualists. Hence residentials can be so tiring.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:50 pm

My wife and I met as medieval historical reenactors: not a business, just a fun group.

I remember her talking once with a merchant at a medieval event, saying that the two of us loved history, and that we liked to stay at old places, and visit places of historical interest. The merchant lady responded laughingly that she and her family "lived" history in their daily lives: so when they took a break, they enjoyed staying at a modern hotel, and spending the day on the beach! Very Happy

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:12 pm

What character did you play Jim?
And did you come across re enactors who were past life believers?
I ask because there's a big orgaanisation called The Sealed Knot over here. Once a year they re enact an English Civil War battle locally. One or two of those I spoke to say they were soldiers in that war hence their being drawn to the hobby.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:20 pm

"Re-creators" would be a better word for it than re-enactors, Peter. It was a group called the Society for Creative Anachronism (SCA). It's more of a fun, medieval/Renaissance mock-historical group, than a group of serious re-enactors. Your Sealed Knot Society is serious reenacment.

I don't recall anyone who claimed to have lived in the real Middle Ages. But many of the members fancied themselves pagans, Wiccans, that sort of thing. Too many of them simplayed played it to the point of strained credulity: their persona would be something like Malcolm Mohammed Ming, who had been kidnapped from the Hebrides as a boy by Viking raiders, sold into slavery in Damascus, become the trusted estate manager of a kaliff, then joined up with the Mongol invaders and now commanded a cavalry unit. . . Rolling Eyes

My persona was set in 1310: a Templar galley captain turned Scottish independence fighter. Jan was much younger than me: she was from the 1580's: a Welsh lass who had emigrated to Virginia. But we were happy together in speite of our age and cultural differences! Laughing

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:33 pm

Sounds like a fun group Jim.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:45 pm

We enjoyed it. Smile We had a lot of fun with so many things! Later we were involved with a cannon crew: Jean Lafitte's Baratarians, Battle of New Orleans, January 1815.

The Brits really blew it that time. Rolling Eyes

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:53 pm

They never taught us that in school history.
Then again Boston Tea Party was pitched as an act of vandalism against our revered national beverage and little more.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:45 pm

The Battle of New Orleans was probably the most lopsided loss the British Army ever suffered.

American are - or were when I was a kid - taught that the American Revolution was a near-universal popular revolt against an oppressive foreign king. In my opinion it was more of a well-engineered plot by a local landed aristocracy who wanted to run the show themselves, without having to answer to overseas interests.

But it was still one of the few revolutions that didn't end up making matters worse for the majority of the people living there.

Anyway. . . we're sure gotten far afield from contemprary automatic writing! Laughing

Jim

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:46 pm

Over in France Napoleon is taught as a great leader, here in our text books he's portrayed as a tyrant. History is subjective.
How's the automatic typing coming along Jim?
There must be something in it. I write a lot every day at work mainly written feedback on essays. I can get into a kind of fugue state sometimes typing comments whilst my mind is elsewhere but on reading back my comments make perfect sense but with more typos than usual. Then again the work is repetitive to a degree and I've done it for years so possibiy just writing from deep memory whilst forebrain is thinking about lunch or similar.
Joanna Southcott couldn't write especially well but her automatiic writing is good plus it all rhymes. There's no way she could have written what she did from her own limited literacy skills and knowledge.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:05 am

I tried a mixed session this evening - my first, other than once trying something for someone else. Tried "trance" (if you want to call it that: really just meditation), and automatic writing.

Nothing resulted from the writing attempts.

Some vague impressions from the meditation, but I think it was more my own wishful thinking.

Jim

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:06 am

I intend to stick with it, though. Very Happy

Jim

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:10 pm

Good man Jim, keep at it.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2