SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thoughts On The Moral Aspect Of Near-Death Experiences

3 posters

Go down

Thoughts On The Moral Aspect Of Near-Death Experiences Empty Thoughts On The Moral Aspect Of Near-Death Experiences

Post by Admin Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:36 pm

Interesting, thoughtful piece on this subject
http://triablogue.blogspot.com.au/2012/02/further-thoughts-on-moral-aspect-of.html
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Thoughts On The Moral Aspect Of Near-Death Experiences Empty Re: Thoughts On The Moral Aspect Of Near-Death Experiences

Post by Left Behind Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:56 am

Experiencing an NDE seems to nearly-always shake up a person's views. However, the shaken up pieces may form any number of new patterns once they settle into place. To say that experiencers tend to become "more loving, less materialistic" really gives no indication or limitation of how those traits will manifest themselves in the experiencer's post-NDE earthly life.

Jim

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Thoughts On The Moral Aspect Of Near-Death Experiences Empty Re: Thoughts On The Moral Aspect Of Near-Death Experiences

Post by KatyKing Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:25 pm

I had a NDE years ago. 'Died' in post-op. Turns out I'm badly allergic to 'Scopolamine' which is something the anaesthetist gives you (like they couldn't have run a test first!!!). I had the lot bright tunnel -lights-music-action-the works. Everyone was there to greet me apart from the milkman, even my old dog. Then I came back with a sickly bang. Life was precious after that. Remember being shipped from one intensive care unit to another at a different hospital and looking through the ambulance window seeing a cherry blossom tree just coming into flower. Most wonderful thing I'd ever seen (possibly still high on gas at that time). But then over time life kicks in again and as the years have passed I need to consciously remind myself of how lucky I was and am to still be here. No fear of 'death' at all but ever since I've been morbidly terrified by the concept of invasive surgery which wasn't a great help to me in my job as a theatre nurse. Had to pack that in and retrain .
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:40 pm

As a Spiritualist, and a personal NDE experiencer, that certainly gives you unusual insight, Peter.

How did your near-death experience compare with what you'd learned from Spiritualism?

Reading about NDE's was what got me interested in Spiritualism in the first place. Very Happy

Jim

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:59 pm

Amazing experience KK
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:17 am

I was young 25 and very fit. Kids in primary school and the then Mrs K also working. Things were good. Raised spiritualist but a nominal attender more social than spiritual. . Very minor routine op and everything changed. I was off work for ages. Mrs K had to give her job up and I went on half pay after three months and then decided not to go back. Had the chance to retrain which meant study that entailed thinking and putting the two together NDE plus time to reflect on it away from the stress of a day job sent me back to church very seriously enquiring. I was lucky to live in London so no shortage of top mediums. Doris rather took us as a family under her wing and it went on from there. I'd always 'sort of' believed before NDE but after that I sort of 'knew'. Had the mediumistic ability of a plank prior to but things developed after it. That was 1977 and I've worked on and off as a medium every year since. Doing more these last couple of years as I try to wind down for work retirement by building up medium side. NDE kind of defined me in early years it was what folk wanted to har about but that faded with time and I just got on with it. Before this link today I bet I'd not thought about NDE as such for above a year. Always do when cherry blossom first comes out round May. Heard all the rationalizaions on NDEs and fair play but I know what happened to me and that those gone on are waiting to welcome us over as sure as I know our grandchildrens names.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:22 am

KatyKing wrote:Heard all the rationalizaions on NDEs and fair play but I know what happened to me and that those gone on are waiting to welcome us over as sure as I know our grandchildrens names.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:25 am

That was quite cathartic. Sorry for waffling on. I'm not out to try and convince anyone. Each to their own path says I.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:26 am

That is a fabulous story KK and very moving amazing isn't it. Very much an experience which changes your entire life.

It makes you wonder doesn't it, the guy who does Astrolgy who comes to me denies that we have free will except for the little things.......

My journey to Spiritualism all really started with a car accident. My mood was not of the best that day in 1983 and driving too fast I hit two patches of diesel oil (the second meant I was in deep s...) which really put the whole car off balance. It was a two lane road and the car was facing a steep bank which I was facing and back in control. So I put my foot hard down to make sure that I would not just be badly injured. Imagine my surprise when the car went right instead and bumped down the bank without even injuring me. Somebody did something and it weren't me, nor was anyone else in the car.

It started a whole chain of events which all had to fall in place for two people to meet in one place. Not a near death experience but it came close.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:32 pm

Amazing story thanks Jim. There's possibly a book crying out to be written from these experiences on here . Good mag series of articles at the least. Not me though, too lazy.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:49 pm

too lazy.
or more likely like me finding it difficult to spot a gap to do extra things in Katy
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down