SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prayer before council meetings

2 posters

Go down

Prayer before council meetings Empty Prayer before council meetings

Post by Admin Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:11 pm

I never realised this still went on, I see the Bournemouth Spiritualist Church has done one for their council. It is an interesting idea and would be sad to see it go as long as they are willing to cross the denominations.

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/9399744.The_role_of_religious_reflection_at_council_meetings_is_challenged/
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Prayer before council meetings Empty Re: Prayer before council meetings

Post by Left Behind Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:30 am

Interesting. I'd expect that to be more of an issue in the US, since separation of Church and State - though not expressed in those words - is required by the U.S. Coinstitution.

But our Congress (Parliament, if you will) begins its sessions with an address by a clergyman.

Not sure they've had any Spiritualist clergy perform the task: but if not, that would probably have more to do with the shortage of Spiritualist clergy.

Jim

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:33 am

Well Rev Anne Gehman should tackle them on behalf of her husband Wayne Noll, an ex Jesuit priest, who is a very fine speaker. Not only that but they are near locals to Washington.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down