SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can messages be communicated for someone not present?

+5
VictoriaG
Azur
obiwan
zerdini
Left Behind
9 posters

Go down

Can messages be communicated for someone not present? Empty Can messages be communicated for someone not present?

Post by Left Behind Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:47 pm

I realize that mediums cannot "call up the dead": but what if an earth person, not able to be present at a session, informed the medium beforehand that he was open to receiving messages?

Do spirits convey messages through mediums, messages intended for persons not physically present at the session: messages which the mediums could then convey to the earth person?

Jim

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Can messages be communicated for someone not present? Empty Re: Can messages be communicated for someone not present?

Post by zerdini Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:08 pm

Left Behind wrote:I realize that mediums cannot "call up the dead": but what if an earth person, not able to be present at a session, informed the medium beforehand that he was open to receiving messages?

Do spirits convey messages through mediums, messages intended for persons not physically present at the session: messages which the mediums could then convey to the earth person?

Jim

There are numerous recorded cases of messages being sent to people not physically present at a seance whether through mental or physical mediumship. Usually a sitter who was present relays the message to the absentee.

Z

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Can messages be communicated for someone not present? Empty Re: Can messages be communicated for someone not present?

Post by obiwan Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:17 pm

Actually from my limited reading, these often seem highly evidential.

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by Azur Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:59 pm

Left Behind wrote:I realize that mediums cannot "call up the dead": but what if an earth person, not able to be present at a session, informed the medium beforehand that he was open to receiving messages?

Jim

Absolutely possible Jim.

This was evident in tests done by the SPR, on two of it's well known mediums, Mrs Gladys Osbourne Leonard and Leonora Piper of Boston.

Mrs Leonard was also known for what was called ''book test'' in which her control Feda would identify by location, at times in houses where the medium had never been before. The control would describe the contents of the selected page which would indicate that it had a particular relevance as a communcation and message from a relative or friend who had passed over.

I can suggest you get a hold of Mrs Leonard's, My Life in Two Worlds and Mrs Piper's, The Life and Work of Mrs. Piper

Also, Trance mediumship: An Introductory Study of Mrs Piper and Mrs Leonard

Last edited by Azur on Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

Azur

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:10 pm

Thanks, everyone.

One nice thing about getting interested in Spiritualism: you'll never run out of interesting things to read. Laughing

Jim

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by VictoriaG Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:16 am

I had to cancel a reading on the 30th December as i was ill and felt awful at letting the girl down. I text her to say i was really sorry and could we re-schedule. She was from London which is miles from me and was just visiting relatives. As i was about to text back her nan moved in close and told me her name. I text her back and said well sorry again but i must let you know this. I have a lady here called Sarah and she says she is your Nan. She wants to let you know she will be there with you all on New Years Eve, so please raise a toast to her. She text me back sayng, Oh my gosh thats my nan and she passed a few months ago. Thank you i am content now! Does that count as not being present do you think?

VictoriaG

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:14 pm

VictoriaG wrote:I had to cancel a reading on the 30th December as i was ill and felt awful at letting the girl down. I text her to say i was really sorry and could we re-schedule. She was from London which is miles from me and was just visiting relatives. As i was about to text back her nan moved in close and told me her name. I text her back and said well sorry again but i must let you know this. I have a lady here called Sarah and she says she is your Nan. She wants to let you know she will be there with you all on New Years Eve, so please raise a toast to her. She text me back sayng, Oh my gosh thats my nan and she passed a few months ago. Thank you i am content now! Does that count as not being present do you think?

It surely does, in my opinion! Congratulations, Victoria: and welcome to the Forum.

I'm in the US (New Orleans) and had someone in the UK do a couple of readings for me: as much for an experiment on his part as anything, regarding this issue of distance.

Most of what he got was to me, gibberish, or applicable to someone else. But some of it was very evidential: applicable to me, and details that he couldn't have gotten otherwise. Very Happy

LB

Last edited by Left Behind on Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:48 am; edited 1 time in total

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by VictoriaG Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:13 am

Thank you for the welcome. It is lovely to be here! xx

VictoriaG

Back to top Go down

Post by VictoriaG Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:18 am

I also work on radion and they are not present then but they are speaking to me! The results on there are very similar. Don't want to sound like i am bragging! Sometimes before i leave the house they are with me and i know exactly who it is and thier name, plus other information too. This tends to happen mostly if i have just one reading scheduled for that day. I think it may be so i don't get confused lol. xx

VictoriaG

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:48 am

Welcome to teh forum Victoria, very interesting points you have made.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VictoriaG Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:07 pm

Thanks Admin! xxxxx

VictoriaG

Back to top Go down

Can messages be communicated for someone not present? Empty Eric Hatton's book

Post by KatyKing Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:48 pm

There's good evidence of messages being received in services or circles for people who weren't present.
In the old day the spiritualist 'telegraph' went onto operation and, if s/he knew them then the president might send a letter to the absentee outlining the message.
Eric Hatton mentions such an occurrence in his book when he received a letter giving details of a message came from his brother bringing superb evidence, the brother's RAF serial number etc. None of Eric's family was at the meeting were the brother came through.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:30 pm

This makes sense, when you think about it.

Since it's not the ultimate message recipient who's critical to the receipt of the message - rather the medium, with the assistance of the sitters - spirit would gravitate to the circle, rather than to the ultimate recipient.

Much in the same way that if I know Bill and Joe, and Bill has a telephone and Joe doesn't, I'd call Bill and leave a message for Joe (who is a mutual friend of Bill).

Welcome to the Forum, Katy!

Jim

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:16 pm

I think it's welcome back to Katy, Jim, from what she wrote in the welcome section....

Is KatyKing a new user name for a former member?

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:44 pm

Not a former member here, just found this site but, from what I've read; have an idea of who one or two of you could well be.' KatyKing' and 'I'm back' was just my little joke. 'East Midlands + PN Classifieds' will find me.
;-)
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:50 pm

KatyKing wrote:Not a former member here, just found this site but, from what I've read; have an idea of who one or two of you could well be.' KatyKing' and 'I'm back' was just my little joke. 'East Midlands + PN Classifieds' will find me.
;-)

huh? I don't understand that joke at all....

I live in Mansfield - is that the East Midlands area you mean?

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:51 pm

Sorry about that mac. KatyKing appeared regularly at seances. Then stopped. Not much of a joke reallly Yes that E. Mids..
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by dig66 Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:31 pm

if someone is present that is linked in someway to the person not present , then the message can be pasted on , it could be a friend ,neighbour , relation ect ,

dig66

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:44 pm

Pasted on? Pasted on what? Where? Here? I think you may have the wrong idea of this place.

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by dig66 Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:19 pm

if ive got the wrong idea of this site then it shoundt becalled spiritualism link , ive been a spiritualist for 35 yrs, read the topic , can messages be communicated for someone not present , passing messages on from a medium to a 3rd party thats not present at the time

dig66

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:55 pm

I think Digg wrote pasted but meant passed on Obi. Yes a medium could give a message to be passed on but only if it is truly evidential of the person who is communicating.

Digg, Obiwan was literally responding to the information you posted "Pasted" when you meant passed.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:48 pm

Ah! All is clear.

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down