SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ghost Whisperer?

+4
petal34
mac
Azur
Admin
8 posters

Go down

Ghost Whisperer? Empty Ghost Whisperer?

Post by Admin Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:24 pm

The classic problem when you get someone come along who only wants to receive a message from one single person. Unfortunately we cannot call the dead so we can never guarantee contact with one specific person at a reading.

http://www.caseyweeklycranbourne.com.au/news/local/news/general/ghost-whisperer/2350949.aspx?storypage=1
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Ghost Whisperer? Empty Re: Ghost Whisperer?

Post by Azur Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:12 am

Admin wrote:The classic problem when you get someone come along who only wants to receive a message from one single person. Unfortunately we cannot call the dead so we can never guarantee contact with one specific person at a reading.

http://www.caseyweeklycranbourne.com.au/news/local/news/general/ghost-whisperer/2350949.aspx?storypage=1

Nice article.

Azur

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:18 am

It's a continual misunderstanding that mediums can 'summon the dead' and that transdimensional communication is simply a matter of 'tuning in' to a discarnate to get their attention.

TV shows and movies may compound that misunderstanding. Sad

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:38 pm

TV shows and movies may compound that misunderstanding.

I have no doubt about that and I am also sure that some so called "mediums and psychics" trade upon it Mac
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by petal34 Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:23 pm

mac wrote:It's a continual misunderstanding that mediums can 'summon the dead' and that transdimensional communication is simply a matter of 'tuning in' to a discarnate to get their attention.

TV shows and movies may compound that misunderstanding. Sad

So right,Mac.
Not as easy as it sounds.
Sad
petal34
petal34

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:49 pm

I have never really understood why a person who has no connection with the person concerned would be thought able to 'summon' that person. I suppose it is reasonable to think that the sitter would at least have a connection to the person required and might be able to communicate that desire, however that would be a case of the sitter 'summoning' or perhaps inviting the desired person, not the medium (assuming of course.... etc)

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:29 pm

obiwan wrote:I have never really understood why a person who has no connection with the person concerned would be thought able to 'summon' that person. I suppose it is reasonable to think that the sitter would at least have a connection to the person required and might be able to communicate that desire, however that would be a case of the sitter 'summoning' or perhaps inviting the desired person, not the medium (assuming of course.... etc)

I agree, mac and obiwan. Smile

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:27 am

Yes and when you do a sitting for someone you end up hoping that the person they wanted would come through. Sometimes you are lucky and they are there straight away other times its another family member. I had one though where after the wanted person did show it turned up they had a list of others they wanted as well.....
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:38 am

I was recently making similar remarks elsewhere only to be confronted by a practitioner who claimed a near 100% success rate in being able to unite a sitter with a specific discarnate relative. Is there any wonder that casual or inexperienced enquirers become grossly misled, hopes unreasonably raised, by such claims?

When I challenged such success levels and asked for more information the member wouldn't respond - perhaps no great surprise and pretty typical of such individuals! Few can support what they say.

I'm often shown hostility elsewhere when I challenge some of the more absurd claims, asking for explanations and evidence. I'm accused of not respecting other members' beliefs etc. but online forum boards are perfect forums for fantasists and romancers.

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:45 am

Hi Mac,

I know that feeling well, when I raise these issues it is always likely to cause hostility. I think the people who attend my development groups either, start to understand, or put up with my views and think about it, or ignore me but come because they are enjoying it, alternatively they move on. Being purist is, to me a vital part of Spiritualism, accept what you receive and other ideas only after a lot of thought.

It can be a tough spot to be in at times Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:52 am

Oh maybe people would understand more if they saw my article on running an open deveopment group in Spirit of PN
http://spiritofpn.wordpress.com/2011/02/04/so-you-want-to-run-an-open-development-group/
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:04 am

Admin wrote:Hi Mac,

I know that feeling well, when I raise these issues it is always likely to cause hostility. I think the people who attend my development groups either, start to understand, or put up with my views and think about it, or ignore me but come because they are enjoying it, alternatively they move on. Being purist is, to me a vital part of Spiritualism, accept what you receive and other ideas only after a lot of thought.

It can be a tough spot to be in at times Smile

absolutely, Jim!

Someone (one of the hostile category) recently suggested I was 'accepting' (gullible) and wanting to believe. My god how wrong she was!

When I pointed out just how many questions I have asked and still ask, how much I challenge what others are saying, how I analyse in depth and at length before I'll accept, how I refuse to hold any belief or faith about matters-spiritual, she made no response.

As you say, it can be a tough spot to be in and lonely at times... Wink

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Quiet Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:33 pm

This article appeared in all the Leader newspapers in the Southern Region and I read it at the time. It would reach out so some and maybe spur them to think about these issues and explore a little more. Few articles in newspapers like this are ever goinf to be perfect.

‘To be able to communicate with spirit, you have to be in a certain atmosphere. You have to get yourself in a certain state.”

Val Person may have been referring to mediumistic consultations or demonstrations when she made the above comment in the article. I know people who accept life after physical death and regularly communicate with loved ones. They are not traditional mediums or spiritualists.

In an ideal world, we will all achieve this freedom eventually, if we want it. It is just about thought communication after all. Smile

Quiet

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:43 pm

Very true Quiet I know atheists who believe in survival. However Spiritualism is not just about survival, albeit mediumship is the cornerstone of our philosophy, it is the philosophy which is just as important to Spiritualists.

Ther are many people with all types of views sho have accepted survival from the really whacky end of the New Age, throgh the Wiccan/Pagan movement even into elements of "straight religions". It is our philosophy linked with the fact that Mediumship as we know it, in terms of ordinary people in Spirit communicating with "ordinary" people living a physical life, came from that movement which differentiates it.

It is that specific movement which I follow and which generally prodices the majority of trained mediums. Personally I have no interest in adapting it to add in anything which dilutes its truth just to become "commercially" acceptable. As a philosophy it stands up very well, it is the man made approach to accepting it which has once again caused its weakness.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VictoriaG Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:32 pm

I explain it like this. I cannot conjure up anybody, i can only tell you who i can sense and hear around you. You may want a paticular person but he/she may not have the energy to maintain a link with me. Or if you will, there but not able to communicate. I have to speak to the strongest connection, so if thats gran, aunty, so be it. We can however ask gran/aunty about that person and let her give us validations about them so that know they are with them. They seem to understand it better this way.

VictoriaG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down