SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arthur Findlay College Chairman Resigns

+4
obiwan
Admin
jock
zerdini
8 posters

Go down

Arthur Findlay College Chairman Resigns Empty Arthur Findlay College Chairman Resigns

Post by zerdini Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:56 pm

Duncan Gascoyne, former President of the SNU and AFC Chairman has resigned from the latter post.

Full details on Roy Stemman's site:

http://www.paranormalreview.com/articles/20110402

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Arthur Findlay College Chairman Resigns Empty Re: Arthur Findlay College Chairman Resigns

Post by jock Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:19 pm

This is alarming news how-ever it was expected, I have a lot of respect for Duncan and no doubt he will apear in another roll of some kind soon.

jock

Back to top Go down

Arthur Findlay College Chairman Resigns Empty Re: Arthur Findlay College Chairman Resigns

Post by Admin Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:00 am

Hmm very interesting and who will replace him?

I think my projections elsewhere about the new decentralised AFC centres replacing Stansted which can then, over a couple of years, be sold for profit.

I wonder I may be even more suspicious if a new NEC member Andrew Hadley, as I understand a very succesful property developer, caps his meteoric rise in the organisation to be the new Chairman. Surely that would not be the case.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:49 am

http://www.paranormalreview.com/articles/20110402

Well well Andrew Hadley has risen that high, any lovers of Stansted should look at the article by Roy. Read and wonder what the future holds. Open and honest was what Briton promised in his incoming speech. From the examples PP (1995) and the AFC college it sounds more like private and dictatorial. I suspect more of that will be seen as the NEC press to act upon the ten year plan.

Hmm once all the new centers are open then I would imagine most of the people seeking training will go to the most convenoent center, especially with the possibility of either no added accomodation costs or better facilities. At some stage this will seriously cut into the financial viability of Stansted. PP(1995) shows what will then happen, sale for a profit. Hadley and Bruton have shown how they feel about history.

From Roys blog

In fact, the new chairman of the Arthur Findlay College is Andrew Hadley, a comparative newcomer to the upper echelons of the SNU who was also fundamental in setting up the working party that reviewed the Psychic News operation and ultimately led to its demise. And though Gascoyne refused to put the blame for the breakdown of communication between him and the NEC on anyone who he was prepared to name, the fact that Hadley is currently shown on the AFC sub-committee's list of members as having responsibility for "NEC Liaison" will lead many observers to conclude that he could be the missing link.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jock Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:36 am

The question is who will take over as Chairman, I believe they could revert back to the title of Principle and apoint Judith Seaman in to the job again.
It seems this is wishfull thinking on my part Andrew Hadley is acting as chairman and it should be announced soon as being ratyfied.

Last edited by jock on Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:36 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Add on)

jock

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:20 pm

The question is 'does it matter?'. The SNU sees to have very little to offer it would appear other than running courses for people who seem to have very little (if any) ability to communicate with those who have passed on.

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by hiorta Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:40 pm

Very good point obiwan. They seem to have become exactly like those the pioneers had to break free from.
hiorta
hiorta

Back to top Go down

Post by veritas Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:29 pm

hiorta wrote:Very good point obiwan. They seem to have become exactly like those the pioneers had to break free from.

You speak the truth Hiorta. The big question is whether the sheep will ever summon up the courage to break free from the wolves. The current SNU leadership seems entirely driven by the accumulation of wealth and property. A new so-called pioneer centre, a new college in Stafford, turning the Stansted college in to a five star hotel? And all presumambly to raise more and more income. And how is it all being financed? The publicly available SNU accounts dont show anything like the funds neeeded to establish those things. Where is the financial backing coming from? And why establish all these things when they cant even half fill their churches? Above all things where is the Spirit in it all? In a world torn apart by conflicts, natural disasters and negativity of all kinds the Spirit is more needed than ever and this lot are headed in the entirely opposite direction. For those who have worked long and hard for the Spirit it is enough to break your heart.

veritas

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:53 pm

obiwan wrote:The question is 'does it matter?'. The SNU sees to have very little to offer it would appear other than running courses for people who seem to have very little (if any) ability to communicate with those who have passed on.

Obiwan your question seems to me dead right. But I would go further and say the SNU has less than nothing to offer because they actually perpetrate a negative - namely that anyone can be a medium. This single fact has in my view done more damage to the Spiritualist movement than every other transgression added together and doubled.

Dan

Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:44 pm

I have to say Dan that your observation is supported by my (admittedly limited) experience with spiritualist churches.

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by hiorta Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:45 am

I'd have to agree too, obiwan.
It may be like the early days in Christianity when the 'gifted' ones were cleansed from the ranks, being replaced by sly ambition to gradually assume control and replace 'real' communication with moribund ceremony and ritual.
Is the SNU constructing a neo-vatican? First step is to put all your psychic eggs in as many baskets as possible, then play divide & rule with them.

Last edited by hiorta on Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:38 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : alteration)
hiorta
hiorta

Back to top Go down

Post by jock Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:05 am

http://www.snu.org.uk/news/afcchair.htm
What a suprise

A New Chairman of the Arthur Findlay College Appointed
SNU President David Bruton OSNU, 05th April 2011.
Following the resignation of Minister Duncan Gascoyne as Chairman of the Arthur Findlay College, which took effect on Thursday 31st March, the National Executive Committee have agreed the appointment of Andrew Hadley, Ordinary Director, to take on this new and challenging role.

jock

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:52 pm

What's an 'Ordinary Director' when it's at home?

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:28 pm

obiwan wrote:What's an 'Ordinary Director' when it's at home?

It means unexceptional in every respect Very Happy

Dan

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:54 pm

"Following the resignation of Minister Duncan Gascoyne as Chairman of the Arthur Findlay College ... the National Executive Committee have agreed the appointment of Andrew Hadley, Ordinary Director, to take on this new and challenging role." This is a quote from SNU president David Bruton.

Why is this role new? Duncan Gascoyne did it for twelve years!

David goes on to say: "I am confident Andrew's sound business background will enable him to take the business to the next level and beyond."

So it's official: It's all about business.

Claire

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:10 pm

obiwan wrote:What's an 'Ordinary Director' when it's at home?

Currently there are three 'Ordinary Directors' i.e. Directors without a specific portfolio.

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:02 pm

Ah. Thanks Z. I am none the wiser, but better informed Smile
Yes well spotted Claire. Interesting use of the word 'business' isn't it
Very Happy @ Dan

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:24 am

http://paranormalreview.com/articles/20110419

Well Roy now reports upon the uncerimonious dumping of the Philosophy and Ethics Committee despite their two succesful books.

Of course this touches upon PN too the tutors were absolutely furious that people writing in PN had the temerity to challenge their wisdom. Interesting that the fury about the independence of PN just happened to occur so close to the SNU's attempt to take it in house and remove editorial independence.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down