SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Restoring the 1860 Spirit House in Georgetown

2 posters

Go down

Restoring the 1860 Spirit House in Georgetown Empty Restoring the 1860 Spirit House in Georgetown

Post by Admin Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:31 pm

http://oneidadispatch.com/articles/2011/02/25/news/doc4d6867778519c366688278.txt?viewmode=fullstory
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Restoring the 1860 Spirit House in Georgetown Empty Re: Restoring the 1860 Spirit House in Georgetown

Post by mac Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:02 am

Interesting - wonder if it'll get off the ground? Wonder if there is any more enthusiasm over here in than there is over there back home in the UK?

I suspect not unless it's in the "psychic fair" aspects.... I'm gettin' way too cynical. Crying or Very sad

mac

Back to top Go down

Restoring the 1860 Spirit House in Georgetown Empty Re: Restoring the 1860 Spirit House in Georgetown

Post by Admin Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:05 am

Hi Mac,

Lis and I would love to own this place, at the price we could buy it and renovate it but the problem would be to afford to live. Love to bring it back into action as it was.

Lovely area there but a lot colder than our winters here.

Jim
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:11 am

I think your biggest problem would be getting permission to live here at whatever cost it might be.... Wink

Certainly the basic cost is reasonable but I'd guess the inside would need gutting and renovating - perhaps doubling the original price.

Yes it's a cold area - wouldn't catch me there - don't like it when the temp. drops below 25C and there it goes WAY below that! Very Happy

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:13 am

I suspect a proper renovation could cost even more than that Mac sadly.

Yes we would have to have a substantial nest egg for the USA to let us in
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:22 am

Yes I suspect that's right - old properties are often money pits.

It takes more than just a large nest egg, Jim. You'd also need to invest and employ Yanks to get a permit to live here but even that didn't used to get you a green card.

Ministers and entertainers get different treatment though....

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:25 am

So I need to become either a Spirtualist Reverend or a song and dance man Very Happy
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:27 am

Go for it, Jim! Very Happy Very Happy Why not combine the two!

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:29 am

I think some do amd they walk amongst us Shocked
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:31 am

How could you say such a thing? Wink Very Happy

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down