SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hometown article on Victoria Woodhull

Go down

Hometown article on Victoria Woodhull Empty Hometown article on Victoria Woodhull

Post by Admin on Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:45 pm

I am gathering material to write about this controversial Lady

http://www.chillicothegazette.com/article/BF/20080303/NEWS01/803030302/Homer-born-Victoria-Woodhull-woman-ahead-her-time?odyssey=nav%7Chead
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Hometown article on Victoria Woodhull Empty Re: Hometown article on Victoria Woodhull

Post by pricel on Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:06 pm

An assessment of Victoria Woodhull was published in Psypioneer
December 2004 where she is called a lost leader. A case could be made that Spiritualism in the States never recovered from Victoria!

pricel

Back to top Go down

Hometown article on Victoria Woodhull Empty Re: Hometown article on Victoria Woodhull

Post by Admin on Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:55 pm

I think I agree with you on that finding. The uproar after the close of the infamous 1873 National Convention of the NSA saw that first attempt at a USA body collapse with state after state leaving and rejecting the decisions taken.

Another 20 years before they tried again and by that time much of the vigour had gone. I have been tracking whatever I can about all of this from the American newspapers reports.

Jim
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum