SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Miraculous photographs that are specifically Christian

+2
MsEVP
Admin
6 posters

Go down

Miraculous photographs that are specifically Christian Empty Miraculous photographs that are specifically Christian

Post by Admin Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:39 am

With regard to miraculous photographs that are specifically Christian
in theme, it appears that the oldest known photograph that is purported
to be a depiction of a supernatural Christian presence is of Canadian
origin. This image predates the previous oldest recorded miraculous
Christian photograph found in the literature by over twenty-five
years.38 It was taken by T.B. Hayward on 24 June 1905, approximately
five years after the first mass marketed camera, the “Brownie,” was
introduced by the Eastman Kodak Company.39 The photograph in question
depicts what many people believe is a clear picture of a wondrous
iceberg showing the figure of the Virgin Mary in the narrows off the
coast of St. John’s, Newfoundland (see image 1).40 While it is unknown
how closely Hayward’s print resembles the original iceberg, the favourable
reaction to the frozen statue by Michael Francis Howley, the Catholic
Archbishop in office at the time the event occurred, indicates that
Hayward’s photograph is probably a close representation of the event.
In fact, the Archbishop was so impressed by the extraordinary iceberg,
something he undoubtedly perceived to be a hierophany, that he composed
a sonnet in honour of the frozen statue entitled “Our Lady of the
Fjords.” In the poem, he refers to the glistening ice figure that mysteriously
appeared in 1905 as “a shimmering shrine – our bright Atlantic
Lourdes.”

Miraculous photographs that are specifically Christian Our_la10

Courtesy of http://www.umanitoba.ca/colleges/st_pauls/ccha/Back%20Issues/CCHA2004/Pagliaroli.pdf
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Miraculous photographs that are specifically Christian Empty Christian miraculous photographs captured recently

Post by MsEVP Sat May 12, 2012 11:14 pm

Hello, if you are interested in seeing some skotographic photos that I have captured while using a special photographic technique you can see them in flickr.com in my SPIRITUAL set. I`m known as MsEVP or Tina Laurent.

My favourites are: The LAMENTATION ON THE GRAVE, showing two faces (Mother and Mary Magdalene possibly) grieving over the body of Jesus

JESUS ON THE MOUNT, arms outstretched and figures around him bent in devotion

Statue of ST FRANCIS hanging on a wall with a solitary face below looking up at him

Large Profiled face of MOSES LEADING THE EXODUS with rows of people shown underneath his image

I`m not au fait with sending photos to other sites but if you would like me to try to do this here I will do so.

MsEVP

Back to top Go down

Miraculous photographs that are specifically Christian Empty Re: Miraculous photographs that are specifically Christian

Post by Left Behind Sun May 13, 2012 2:27 am

Admin wrote:With regard to miraculous photographs that are specifically Christian
in theme, it appears that the oldest known photograph that is purported
to be a depiction of a supernatural Christian presence is of Canadian
origin. This image predates the previous oldest recorded miraculous
Christian photograph found in the literature by over twenty-five
years.38 It was taken by T.B. Hayward on 24 June 1905, approximately
five years after the first mass marketed camera, the “Brownie,” was
introduced by the Eastman Kodak Company.39 The photograph in question
depicts what many people believe is a clear picture of a wondrous
iceberg showing the figure of the Virgin Mary in the narrows off the
coast of St. John’s, Newfoundland (see image 1).40 While it is unknown
how closely Hayward’s print resembles the original iceberg, the favourable
reaction to the frozen statue by Michael Francis Howley, the Catholic
Archbishop in office at the time the event occurred, indicates that
Hayward’s photograph is probably a close representation of the event.
In fact, the Archbishop was so impressed by the extraordinary iceberg,
something he undoubtedly perceived to be a hierophany, that he composed
a sonnet in honour of the frozen statue entitled “Our Lady of the
Fjords.” In the poem, he refers to the glistening ice figure that mysteriously
appeared in 1905 as “a shimmering shrine – our bright Atlantic
Lourdes.”

Miraculous photographs that are specifically Christian Our_la10

Courtesy of http://www.umanitoba.ca/colleges/st_pauls/ccha/Back%20Issues/CCHA2004/Pagliaroli.pdf

Quite impressive indeed!

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Miraculous photographs that are specifically Christian Empty Re: Miraculous photographs that are specifically Christian

Post by KatyKing Sun May 13, 2012 9:26 pm

Marvellous picture.
I seem to remember seeing some photos from Medjugorje [Sp?] with 'Virgin Mary' extra in.
Sure that was in the papers but a good while ago before they had that war. Maybe on t'internet somewhere.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon May 14, 2012 3:20 am

MsEVP wrote:Hello, if you are interested in seeing some skotographic photos that I have captured while using a special photographic technique you can see them in flickr.com in my SPIRITUAL set. I`m known as MsEVP or Tina Laurent.

My favourites are: The LAMENTATION ON THE GRAVE, showing two faces (Mother and Mary Magdalene possibly) grieving over the body of Jesus

JESUS ON THE MOUNT, arms outstretched and figures around him bent in devotion

Statue of ST FRANCIS hanging on a wall with a solitary face below looking up at him

Large Profiled face of MOSES LEADING THE EXODUS with rows of people shown underneath his image

I`m not au fait with sending photos to other sites but if you would like me to try to do this here I will do so.

Hi MsEVP I looked at the Flickr site very interesting indeed. Thanks for that http://www.flickr.com/photos/msevp/sets/72157627969971829/

Jim
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MsEVP Mon May 14, 2012 10:42 am

Hi Jim: Glad that you liked what you saw. Re St Francis, I don`t know for sure that it`s him but I`ve always assumed it. And the Epitaphios Threnos came at Christmas-time (not on Good Friday) and I`ve always assumed that it was sent to remind us what the season was all about, not just present-giving.
Tina

MsEVP

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Thu May 17, 2012 7:57 pm

Those are beautiful images Tina.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by MsEVP Thu May 17, 2012 9:26 pm

Well, thank you, Katy. Of course the images do vary in strength and effect and I never cease to be amazed and thankful for what I receive.

MsEVP

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Thu May 17, 2012 10:29 pm

Psychic News are always on the lookout for visual pieces Tina. Have you considered sending one or two in with a few words of intro and explanation?
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by MsEVP Fri May 18, 2012 6:54 am

Must admit, Katy, that I hadn`t. And the last time I thought of P.N. it was in paper form! I gather it`s an on-line paper now)

Thanks for reminding me, it`s a great idea. Is there a contact name for me?

MsEVP

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Fri May 18, 2012 1:00 pm

PN's in colour now so they like good images.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by MsEVP Fri May 18, 2012 4:34 pm

Thanks Katy, am in touch with Tracey.

MsEVP

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Fri May 18, 2012 9:16 pm

Looking forward to the article.
:-)
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by MsEVP Fri May 18, 2012 11:47 pm

that would be nice, we`ll see.

MsEVP

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Sat May 19, 2012 4:31 am

MsEVP wrote:Must admit, Katy, that I hadn`t. And the last time I thought of P.N. it was in paper form! I gather it`s an on-line paper now)

It's an on-line AND printed glossy magazine now.

And judging from your Username, you'd probably enjoy the premier issue. Smile

Jim

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by MsEVP Sat May 19, 2012 7:18 am

Well, it`s true, Jim, that many years ago I did have a piece in the old-style PN talking about my `hobby` (which has lasted for 40 years now).

I still keep my hand in, hunting those elusive spirit voices, but, being a full-time carer now and mostly at home, spare time is spent capturing inter-dimensional images. And, among that lot, I`ve already captured a deceased husband twice, my mother more than a few times, my step-father once and my long-deceased father twice! Now the ultimate would be to get the voice and image together, wouldn`t it! Maybe one day in the far future everyone could be doing it.

MsEVP

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Sat May 19, 2012 9:50 am

The PM is a bonus, your images are true art and deserve to be seen more widely Tina. Their potential and seen opportunity to promote dialogue beyond and above the mundane ,surely the purpose of all visual art; is inestimable. I cannot see what you discern in some of the images but each image still has power to promote reflective looking. There's that sense of ' perceiving a glimmer ricocheting off the surface of known things' about these spirit pictures. You CAN discern,others MAY discern but all can see the surface image, the 'xtras'are a bonus. Your online gallery may well be the best visual metaphor for 21st century PM anywhere on the Worldwide web. Important work that ,perhaps; Paranthropology Journal need to see. You'll find them online or I can send you a link next week. Feel free to cite the above for reference or intro. Will PM my contact details.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by _Leslie_ Sat May 19, 2012 11:00 am

Wonderful photograph and really enjoyed reading and seeing the others - http://www.umanitoba.ca/colleges/st_pauls/ccha/Back%20Issues/CCHA2004/Pagliaroli.pdf
It's a subject that fascinates me....
_Leslie_
_Leslie_

Back to top Go down

Post by MsEVP Sat May 19, 2012 11:09 am

Leslie, thanks for that link. It`s long so I`ll have to read it a bit later today.

Katy, thank you for those great words and I am aware of the magnitude of the subject. I would love to see it blossom much more before I die but one thing one does learn with age is patience, and acceptance.

I`ll look up Paranthropology, new one for me, thanks.

Tina

MsEVP

Back to top Go down

Post by petal34 Sat May 19, 2012 3:29 pm

Now the subject rings a bell with me.
Been studying where I have seen the pictures before,still not sure but looks very familiar.
Wonderful pics,thank you.
Joan
petal34
petal34

Back to top Go down

Post by MsEVP Sat May 19, 2012 4:27 pm

Hi Joan, nice to hear from you, but I`m wondering which pictures you are talking about? Maybe they`re not mine as the only place you could have seen them is on flickr.com
Tina

MsEVP

Back to top Go down

Post by petal34 Sat May 19, 2012 4:39 pm

MsEVP wrote:Hi Joan, nice to hear from you, but I`m wondering which pictures you are talking about? Maybe they`re not mine as the only place you could have seen them is on flickr.com
Tina

Sorry Tina,was talking about the pictures above on this topic but very interested in the ones you have mentioned also.
Sorry if I confused you... Embarassed
Lovely to 'meet' you.
Very Happy
Joan
petal34
petal34

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Sat May 19, 2012 6:04 pm

Well, MsEVP, you've a new entrant in the field. Last night for the first time I turned on the tape recorder while sitting quietly and meditating. I picked up a couple of odd mental images. Not sure if the recorder picked up anything. I played it back and couldn't discern anything, but I've also been informed that sometimes voices become apparent through headphones that aren't through the naked ear: so that will be my next EVP acquisition.

You might consider posting a Thread about your experiences in this fascinating area. How'd you get started, what equipment you use, what voices you've captured, etc.

Jim

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by MsEVP Sat May 19, 2012 7:40 pm

Hi Jim, so glad that you`ve got the urge to try for Them. (Yes, you must listen back with headphones. The small button-type ones that you stick in your ear are perfect, no need for the big clumsy ones.
I will start a Thread, since you have the interest, gladly, have to be tomorrow now. (Unless I get the urge to sit thru the night, sometimes do.)

By the way, I love New Orleans. Spent a Christmas there once and we didn`t want to leave. I remember it very fondly.

Cheers

Tina

MsEVP

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Sun May 20, 2012 3:07 am

Can't wait to see that Thread, Tina!

Yes, New Orleans is a wonderful place: from November through April, until the steamy summer heat arrives. But so far this year it hasn't hit yet. Very Happy

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down