SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introduction

+10
_Leslie_
Ebs
hiorta
zerdini
obiwan
julie
mac
petal34
firefly
Admin
14 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Introduction - Page 3 Empty Re: Introduction

Post by mac Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:43 pm

MU!! wrote:
normy wrote:I posted a reply on Skeptico. I don't think it's a question of you getting things wrong MU, it's just a waste of time debating with those of unlike mind in my opinion.

I bear you no ill will for that position, normy, you and yours certainly have a history of coming forward for decades regarding PM, spiritualism and associated subjects.

I agree, in part, and don't spend a great amount of time debating the closed minded but I do feel the debate has merit in the contrast and interest it develops. I'll tire soon of it MU is sure.

"To the right and wrong", I am speaking of my posts on Skeptiko and whether or not I have interpreted information gleaned from you, Cranley, Mac, Duncan, Jo, others which I have ripped from here, other forums, blogs, books, interviews, podcasts, commentors, etc.

That is what I am interested in being critiqued.

An alternative to taking the words of others would be to understand what you're writing about in the first instance and then debating/arguing from a position of knowledge....

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by MU!! Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:08 pm

mac wrote:
An alternative to taking the words of others would be to understand what you're writing about in the first instance and then debating/arguing from a position of knowledge....

Which is exactly what I have done in my Skeptiko forum postings which you admit that you haven't read. Shocked

MU!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Wes Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:54 am

MU!! wrote:
mac wrote:My memberships are something I have never kept secret at any time incidentally so it shouldn't be a revelation but I won't be joining Skeptico now.

It's not a forum fit for you, mac, that is certain.

From what I've seen of the website, it's certainly not a place for openminded discussion..
Wes
Wes

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:39 am

Well I would not be joining Skeptico either Mac and Wes. A Spiritualist going on there to change peoples minds reminds me of Don Quixote tilting at windmills or Canute turning back the tide.

That would be especially true if I sought to use modern day physical mediumship and its Dark Seances as the basis to win them over.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:55 am

MU!! wrote:
mac wrote:

Which is exactly what I have done in my Skeptiko forum postings which you admit that you haven't read. Shocked

I am judging based on what you've written in this thread. I certainly am not prepared to wade through a long one on another website to see if my judgment is accurate. Up to now you've been interested only in getting others involved in what you've written elsewhere and have yet to contribute here.

I guess you'll be doing that soon?

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by MU!! Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:58 pm

As I have repeatedly said, posting to forums is not about changing minds. It is about providing information then if minds change, so be it. Rarely do you see a person change his mind that is actually on the forum. Skeptiko included.

However, as I type, there are well over 40 guests who are viewing various threads many of whom have surfed in via Google. Google regularly picks up Skeptiko threads and the more response in a thread, the better chance it will hit the search engines.

Of those 40+ Guest, there are ten reading the Physical Mediumship thread. The thread has generated over 5,100 views!

That's exposure, that's information passing, that's the kind of self-service the spirits say we are to deliver. Isn't it?

MU!!

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:16 pm

This thread has become one for the discussion of another website. why?

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:57 pm

Good question Mac, one thing I am well aware of Mu is the number of hits on this forum and as we check on them for the serial computer pests we know the majority are genuine seekers of information.

I think many avoid joining in on forums and just read them and watch. At times I can well understand them
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wes Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:44 am

MU!! wrote:
Wes wrote:From what I've seen of the website, it's certainly not a place for openminded discussion..
Skeptiko has a hell of a lot more open-minded discussion than I am getting in this thread.

Again, your not a Member, you have no history there, but you have a closed-off, inaccurate opinion? How's that working for you? Shocked

As it turns out I was referring to a different website, skeptico.blogs.com which explains why I couldn't find the forums that were being talked about.
Now that I have found the website in question, I do wonder what difference it makes not being a forum member when the forum can be read by anyone..

Wes
Wes

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:11 am

"Now that I have found the website in question, I do wonder what difference it makes not being a forum member when the forum can be read by anyone.."

Only the difference that non-members can't join in. A number of my regular websites don't require membership just to be a reader.

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by hummingbird Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:29 am

Hi everyone! I'm using the username "hummingbird" because that's how I feel, spiritually: every few months I seem to flit from one religious viewpoint to another, in search of sweeter nectar.

I know there are some disadvantages to that way of being; but the advantages are that I feel connected to people of virtually every (and no) religious belief, simply because I've been there myself. So maybe it's just my way of being empathic?

Anyway, long story short - hi! and flit flit flit! Cool 

hummingbird

Back to top Go down

Introduction - Page 3 Empty Hi from New Mexico, USA

Post by loki6491 Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:00 am

Hi everyone.  My name's Bob and I live in Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA.  I am just beginning to explore Spiritualism, although I had my first 'reading' by a spiritualist minister around 1975.  I noticed the prices on some books mentioned here seem to be in 'pounds'.  Is this a British forum, international, what?

I look forward to surfing the forums here and learning.
I'm going to have a 30 minute reading in May of this year by a spiritualist minister.  What should I expect, what should I ask?
Thanks for being here.

loki6491

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:19 am

Hi and welcome Loki. The forum admins/owners are based in Australia but we have lots of members from England and the USA as well as representation from other countries.

I hope you enjoy the material on here.

Jim
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:29 am

I'm a Brit over-wintering in AZ - welcome!

What you'll receive from a US Spiritualist minister I really don't know.  Things are quite different in the US than in the UK, churches few and far between and variability can be expected.  Presumably you're aware of the NSAC?

Perhaps it would be best to ask what to expect before your visit?  As to what you should ask that will depend on what is being promised by this minister and also on what you're hoping to find.  If evidential mediumship is to be the nature of your reading your questions should be to whomever communicates.

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by hiorta Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:19 am

Hi Loki.A must would be a recording device as so often much deeper info seems to surface even years later, plus of course, offering detailed scrutiny of the event.
In general, spirit try to help you realise that there is no death, they are still alive today.
Next comfort and reassurance for the sitter and often encouragement to pursue YOUR lives plans.
You will not be judged by anyone.
Most of the wonderful benefits are likely to increasingly surface long afterwards.
Best of all, enjoy your sitting.
hiorta
hiorta

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3