SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OUT OF PLACE

4 posters

Go down

OUT OF PLACE Empty OUT OF PLACE

Post by StarShine Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:29 pm

confused Hey everyone!

I'm relatively new here and this is going to be a somewhat odd first post...

I'm a big believer in reincarnation {prbly not so unusual here} and ever since I can remember have felt completely out-of-place within my family of origin. The feeling that I'm talking about is similar to that experienced by adoptees and foster children...except that I'm not an adoptee or a former foster child...

Basically what I'm talking about is this {and this is where this post might seem a little strange}. I happen to also believe that it is possible sometimes to be born into the wrong family unit. And I'm thinking that that may have happened. A big part of why has to do with my lack of connections to most of my family members {including my mother}...

Another odd thing is that there are three family members that I have extremely strong feelings toward. One is my older sister {whom I don't like and am almost adverse to}. Another is my older half-brother Chris {whom I'm very close to and feel a very deep connection with} and the third is my cousin Elic {whom I am also close to}. The thing about this is that I can't explain that either. I'm actually wondering if the connections to Elic and Chris might have been formed during a prior lifetime/incarnation...

Get back to me on this please!
Thanks!
Starshine confused

PS: Excuse the increase in font size and color change. Sight- impaired...
confused

StarShine

Back to top Go down

OUT OF PLACE Empty Re: OUT OF PLACE

Post by wattie Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:21 am

Hello Starshine,

The question of reincarnation has always been a disputed issue amongst Spiritualists, some believing that we all pass through a series of earth lives, others believing that it occurs but only in specific cases whilst others either offer alternative explanations of the apparent evidence or altogether deny that such a thing occurs at all. This is further complicated with different spirit guides expressing different opinions on the matter.

With regard to your belief that it is possible to be born into the ‘wrong’ family I think the Spiritualist response would be more uniform, in that Spiritualists believe that we are incarnated in a particular place at a particular time in order to experience those situations and challenges which will give us the best opportunity to grow and mature as spiritual beings. In addition to this many believe that in some way we actually agree to these conditions prior to incarnation.

Thus your feelings towards various members of your family might be explained in a variety of ways. To those who believe in reincarnation you might be experiencing  those emotions that have carried over from a previous life. To others you are merely having to confront those experiences which you have chosen to encounter as a pathway to future growth while the more simpler explanation could be a question of family dynamics and psychology which would not necessarily need to invoke any supernormal motivation in the first place.

This probably doesn’t answer your questions in the way that you would wish but I believe that it is for each individual to question, assess and decide for themselves what they think about these things and if you cannot come to any definite conclusions then it is perfectly acceptable to maintain an undecided but open mind.

wattie

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:03 am

StarShine wrote:confused Hey everyone!

I'm relatively new here and this is going to be a somewhat odd first post...

I'm a big believer in reincarnation {prbly not so unusual here} and ever since I can remember have felt completely out-of-place within my family of origin. The feeling that I'm talking about is similar to that experienced by adoptees and foster children...except that I'm not an adoptee or a former foster child...

Basically what I'm talking about is this {and this is where this post might seem a little strange}. I happen to also believe that it is possible sometimes to be born into the wrong family unit. And I'm thinking that that may have happened. A big part of why has to do with my lack of connections to most of my family members {including my mother}...

Another odd thing is that there are three family members that I have extremely strong feelings toward. One is my older sister {whom I don't like and am almost adverse to}. Another is my older half-brother Chris {whom I'm very close to and feel a very deep connection with} and the third is my cousin Elic {whom I am also close to}. The thing about this is that I can't explain that either. I'm actually wondering if the connections to Elic and Chris might have been formed during a prior lifetime/incarnation...

Get back to me on this please!
Thanks!
Starshine confused

PS: Excuse the increase in font size and color change. Sight- impaired...
confused

The simple answer to your last question is, yes, maybe.....  Not a very satisfying one I acknowledge but it's hard to nail the details without a great deal of writing.

There are a number of points in your opening posting that I've addressed elsewhere at length but my experience has been that my responses may not have helped much.  

As with so many issues (in my experience) context is all and considering difficult and detailed ones outside of a framework of basic understanding often leads seekers nowhere satisfying.  I know that from my personal search for information.

Nowadays I encourage seekers to focus on one aspect at a time and to find out all they can before moving on to another.

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:11 am

Thanks Wattie & Mac I think those are very good answers . This is a subject that as the leader of a Spiritualist Centre (11 years now and Lis the 11 years before that) tends to require handling on a regular basis

The more I look at reincarnation the more I feel it is not enforced but a Spirit may choose to come back or to develop in another way entirely. Much more in common with the ideas Imperator Stainton Moses Guide gave him for the book Spirit Teachings. That really takes us to your major point that we incarnate for the experience and to grow and progress.

I may add that it was once common to believe you chose the family you find yourself in as part of this process. I have tended to drift away from this idea now because of the inconsistencies with adoption and its questionable outcomes. I am more thinking of chaos theory now; we enter this life and have to deal with what we find.

Spiritualists rejection of reincarnation is because there is no concrete prof of it occurring Starshine. Even the best proofs are subject to interpretation. The best study of children remembering past lives was by Prof Ian Stephenson but even he suggested it was not conclusive. You may like to read this debate https://www.psychicnews.org.uk/articles/and-against-reincarnation. Roy Stemman actually uses one of the cases which, in my opinion , is suggestive of another aberration which Spiritualists reject, Possession, where one Spirit takes over a body designed to be the vessel for a new Spirit ( a concept of the Faithist followers of the teachings in OAHSPE written by an ex Spiritualist in "Trance"; They are hugely opposed to reincarnation, indeed having been in a group with several Faithists a mention of it can create World war 3). Alternatively Spiritism another related group teaches reincarnation for all many times often using punishments and drawing on Hindu ideas of karma. It is a very punitive view of life after death which clashes with Spiritualism.

So like Mac and Wattie I am not really helping you except to suggest, like them, that these clashes are part of our life experiences.  I have reached the conclusion, after watching the events in the world, caused by people exercising their free will, that God is an observer not an active participant in any plan we may believe that this being actually has for us. We make of this life what we can, if we find a way to connect with those in Spirit who tread with us personally then they may be able to help in some way but not to interfere or change your life that is an exercise in our personal responsibility.

By the way Starshine there is more on teh forum , a whole section on this https://www.spiritualismlink.com/f24-reincarnation-real-or-not   , I prefaced it by saying respect each others beliefs having seen some roaring arguments about it in the past.

Best wishes Jim
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down