SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Afterlife Research and Education Institute (AREI)

3 posters

Go down

Afterlife Research and Education Institute (AREI) Empty Afterlife Research and Education Institute (AREI)

Post by synaxis Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:13 am

Hi folks, happy new year! I haven’t posted for almost a year - have a couple of questions on the above topic.

Actually this might be a relevant followup to mac’s earlier “Spiritualism - what next?” and “Where next?” threads.

Is there perhaps a thread somewhere on this forum commenting on the AREI project (Afterlife Research and Education Institute)? The Zammits seem quite involved. Craig Hogan is President (I don't know his background). Here's the link:

https://dev.afterlifeinstitute.org/

One recent development (noticed on their website): weekly online cyber-seances via zoom (sitting for physical mediumship). There are some recordings of the seances so far (posted on YouTube), via link following. Interesting comment by Craig Hogan on one of these: his own home circle, which he says has been sitting for 10 years, has not progressed beyond table rocking, raps, and taps; no levitation (and presumably no ectoplasm, etc).

I wonder if this new cyber-seance format will be attractive to Spirit? Personally, I don’t like the music. But, if there are no (findable) circles in one’s immediate locale, it might be an option. At one point, I was thinking along these lines myself (i.e. the cyber-seance format) wondering if it might work. This is one way it might be done. Any thoughts?

http://www.afterliferesearch.org/online-zoom-physical-mediumship/

synaxis

synaxis

Back to top Go down

Afterlife Research and Education Institute (AREI) Empty Re: Afterlife Research and Education Institute (AREI)

Post by mac Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:02 am

AREI is pretty well known over here in the US but I'm not a big fan.  It seems a lot of glitz but no real meat on the bones.  As a response to my question "what next" I'm pretty sure it ain't the AREI.  Laughing  (It gets occasional mentions on ALF and a little bit more attention when its Scottsdale shindig happens in early AZ autumn.  I don't generally arrive until November and the event doesn't encourage me to get here any earlier.   Wink )

As for whether it will provide a medium (pun intended!) for our unseen friends 'over there' in the etheric to use, only time will tell what they make of matters this side of the divide.  Wink   It won't be that long before I'm able to check things out from their side of things, see where trans-dimensional communication will be happening in the decades ahead.  Maybe I'll get back to you when I make it.   Razz

That's assuming I do actually care by the time I get there or can recall that I once used to care ....

mac

Back to top Go down

Afterlife Research and Education Institute (AREI) Empty Re: Afterlife Research and Education Institute (AREI)

Post by Admin Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:12 pm

My thoughts regarding AREI are very much in tune with Mac's. I do not actually see the involvement of Zammit and the recent conference involving both Scott Milligand and David Thompson, neither of whom will work within the accepted Physical Medium Protocols which even Banyan Retreat supposedly (but may be not for their friends, Scott is doing private seances for decent money with n0 films appearing) accepted by them.

I cannot imagine how a cyber seance would work. Much of what happens is as a result of the energies which are developed within the room. I am well aware how this impacts on events because I am running an open seance to see what we can get in dim halogen and red light (easy to see what is ocurring). The variations in attendance has a very great effect. Our last Christmas Tree seance was very well attended. So many I had to split up the activities which people tried and spread my own involvement. The first series with two tables and seperate small groups on the writing planchette and the Spirit Talking Board was not very satisfactory but when we broke for transfiguration some faces were clearly seen, then as we swapped the people over the tables took off and messages came through the planchette and talking board.

It was a very salutary lesson of the impact of different energies. My experience this year shows how hard it is to get people to attend regularly so every seance achieved different things. I also noted that some attendees appeared to (possibly imagined) more that they thought was happening than others, I certainly take a very critical view but in honesty in a seance which is running so far out of the "rules" modern PM's have established ther is a lot going on with enough proof of Spirit involvement.

In a cyber seance with attendees in different places I have no idea how the reality of success can be moderated.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by synaxis Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:06 am

Re: the Zammit involvement: he seems to be facilitating the ZOOM room video-conferencing setup, some groups are part of AREI:

http://victorzammit.com/zoom/

Re: how a cyber seance would work. The group is posting the recordings of their seances as well as the initial discussions re: concept and protocol here:

http://www.afterliferesearch.org/online-zoom-physical-mediumship/

I’m not arguing in favour of their approach, but it seems like a worthwhile experiment.

Re: your reference to “Much of what happens is as a result of the energies developed within a room” but ... why not a “ZOOM room” or “chat room” videoconferencing type format? Is it not conceivable that energies could be “developed” within that sort room too? Videoconferencing technology has made it possible to be 'in a room' with others, analogous to being in a physical room.

That said, it seems there would be limitations on what could be seen by other participants unless each participant was sufficiently illuminated. They may discuss this in their introductory sessions.

Re: attendance, the cyber-seance chat room idea might actually facilitate a widespread group of people gathering more regularly. In any case it would help to overcome the irregularity in attendance that arises with physical distance.

Re: your comment: "In a cyber seance with attendees in different places I have no idea how the reality of success can be moderated."

The videos posted at the above link show how they’re doing it and discussing experiences and results among themselves afterwards.

synaxis

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:38 am

Well that made interesting viewing! Work in progress. The proof of the pudding......

At the present stage it all seems somewhat clunky but who knows? Never say never.

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:02 pm

True Mac. Now if we had a world wide circle that did create the correct energy where would the phenomena be centred if it appeared, it could be quite possible it would not be at any one participants place but somewher entirely different.

As an example of what could be achieved maybe the Beacons of Light project I ran in Adelaide could be teh best example. Agree a time and create a central group in one place, the core and everyone focus their energy on that place which should be equipped with all the necessary recording and filming devices. ( https://www.spiritualismlink.com/t122-beacons-of-light-project )

With world time differences adopting a suitable time may be a challenge. The SNUI useed to run on line tutorials which wer not  a great success because they were in the middle of the night in Aus (not a lot of forethought from the international section of the SNU. Thoughts to myself I would like to revisit the Beacons of Light project nexy new years day the beacons are still intact and teh energy is dowsable.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:09 pm

Admin wrote:True Mac. Now if we had a world wide circle that did create the correct energy where would the phenomena be centred if it appeared, it could be quite possible it would not be at any one participants place but somewher entirely different.

As an example of what could be achieved maybe the Beacons of Light project I ran in Adelaide could be teh best example. Agree a time and create a central group in one place, the core and everyone focus their energy on that place which should be equipped with all the necessary recording and filming devices. ( https://www.spiritualismlink.com/t122-beacons-of-light-project )

With world time differences adopting a suitable time may be a challenge. The SNUI useed to run on line tutorials which wer not  a great success because they were in the middle of the night in Aus (not a lot of forethought from the international section of the SNU. Thoughts to myself I would like to revisit the Beacons of Light project nexy new years day the beacons are still intact and teh energy is dowsable.

interesting points, Jim Who knows if it might work better another time? It's gotta be a challenge, though, finding a suitable time, one that would work for folk spread around the globe. Even those not working might find it hard to 'attend' and for anyone who does work it's gonna be even harder. Better, perhaps, if participants were on just one continent but would you get enough?

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down