SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Ruling Bans Psychic Surgery

5 posters

Go down

New Ruling Bans Psychic Surgery Empty New Ruling Bans Psychic Surgery

Post by Slatewriter Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:12 am

Article taken from facebook page "Mediumship without the Skulduggery"

'Don't go under the spirit knife!'
New ruling bans Psychic Surgery.

After recent concerns with public demonstrations of 'psychic surgery', the Spiritualists' National Union have issued a statement this week.

But do they know what psychic surgery actually is?
There seems to be some confusion.
Is it the 'laying on of hands' for the transfer of healing energy - or is there a real chance that your tumour can be removed by a healing medium?

The SNU have their own definition, as published in their September 2018 edition of SNU Today, under the heading,

<<ADVICE ON PSYCHIC SURGERY>>

The SNU have responded to enquiries from some of its churches and other venues about hosting public demonstrations of psychic surgery.

SAFETY
In a statement which points out they have “a duty to ensure the safety and well-being of the public” and “to protect those who come through the doors of our churches” their new ruling goes on to say that,

“Psychic surgery is not permissible in SNU Churches or practisable by its healing mediums.”

FORBIDDEN
According to their code of conduct “psychic surgery does not come within the definition of Spiritualist healing” and is therefore forbidden.

Spiritualist healing is defined by the SNU as, “the transference of healing energies from the world of spirit to the patient by the laying-on of hands or at a distance”.

RISKS
The new ruling goes on to state that the SNU cannot support “such an exotic form of healing as psychic surgery” since it “has potentially grave medical risks attached to it” including, “the attendant risk, however small, of hepatitis B.”

The SNU go on to warn its members and churches “that it cannot expose members of the public to any healing activity that involves the potential or actual use of an instrument or making of any incision in the body, whether physical or purportedly spiritual”. This includes,“the removal, real or purported, of organs or other parts.”

ASSAULT
They fear that “such unlicensed and uncontrolled activity could lead to claims for medical misfeasance and professional negligence arising from what could legally amount to bodily assault”.

The statement reminds us that “we belong to a society which has laws relating to medical treatment, assault on the person, children's and animal's rights, etc.” and that “we must ensure that healing is conducted in ways which do not infringe those laws”. “This applies equally whether the event is taking place on or away from the Church premises.”

EXPERTS
Those needing further clarification are advised to “contact head office” where it is presumed the experts are on hand to advise.

Slatewriter

Back to top Go down

New Ruling Bans Psychic Surgery Empty Re: New Ruling Bans Psychic Surgery

Post by mac Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:40 am

interesting

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:18 am

If what they're banning is the use of knives and scalpels, the making of incisions into the body: then I support them. Who wants their church facing a lawsuit stemming from an unlicensed surgeon performing on its premises!

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:55 pm

To be honest I totally support them; unless we have some very clear evidential proof of non intrusive cures to real (not psychosomatic) ilnesses. I believe ther is enough material to suggest that illnesses from mental causes may be alleviated by faith healing.

I also note that the Psychic Surgeoons tend to indulge in manipulation of teh body which creates risk. Having seen a failed demonstration of this art by a known "Physical Medium" (well he and a supportive coterie say he is) I have to say a ban is in line with the Truth in Physical mediumship Campaign.

Indeed in public at a Spiritualist centre in the modern legal setting...don't go there stick to the Spiritual healing Guidelines.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dronfieldman Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:53 pm

What George Chapman used to do he called psychic surgery, although he (entranced by Dr Lang) used to operate on the etheric body. His high rate of success, especially for eye problems, is well known in the Spiritualist community. Does this mean that this type of treatment would not be allowed by the SNU?

Dronfieldman

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:47 pm

Dronfieldman wrote:What George Chapman used to do he called psychic surgery, although he (entranced by Dr Lang) used to operate on the etheric body.   His high rate of success, especially for eye problems, is well known in the Spiritualist community.   Does this mean that this type of treatment would not be allowed by the SNU?

Have you asked that question of its president?

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:38 am

Good point, if the is no manipulation I do not understand why it should be banned. Spiritual healing involves touching a patient (obviously only in appropriate places on their body) but when you do a scan through the Aura (effectively using the palm chakra as a dowsing tool to help the sensing) you tend to pick up the places where problems may be. From my point of view I believe once you commence a healing you need to remain with one hand in touch with the patient (otherwise someone has no idea whether you have finished or not and I have seen a healer airily waving their hands above a patient, not what we teach but many decide this is what they do, who starts to get up because they think the healer has finished) but the other hand can work on the etheric level.

The only people who can tell you are the SNU NEC members I would guess
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down