SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An apparent dichotomy?

+2
hiorta
Goran
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

An apparent dichotomy? - Page 2 Empty Re: An apparent dichotomy?

Post by Waller Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:32 pm

An apparent dichotomy? - Page 2 982999 

Last edited by Waller on Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Waller
Waller

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:41 pm

Goran wrote:
mac wrote:The 'ghost' debate is one currently active elsewhere and to which I've been a recent contributor.  The terms mentioned - 'ghost' and 'earthbound' - were brought up there too with a discussion about the customary confusion experienced without there being a clear and widely-accepted definition of the words/terms.

In response to Goran, I'm firmly in the reincarnation camp but do not see it has any relevance to ghosts or eathbounds....  A major stumbling block (I've found) is the holding of rigid - and probably misleading - notions concerning reincarnation.  Sadly there's not a lot of guidance from Spiritualist philosophy about it.

So if one accepts reincarnation (and the law of karma that powers it) as fact, how does one explain the existence of so many earthbound spirits? Since my face-to-face, I have been delving into the subject of ghosts, and there are simply too many occurrences for what I have been taught about reincarnation to explain. Between the hundreds of books I have read, TV mediums ('Dead Files'), etc., there are just too many ghosts documented for this phenomena to be called a rare event. Reincarnation cannot be the nearly inescapable process that Indian mysticism claims it is.

I  don't attempt to explain (quote) "...so many earthbound spirits" and neither do I have any value for how many it might be claimed it is....

I don't do Indian mysticism as you might have figured by my contributing to a website titled 'Spiritualism Link'.  Neither does Indian mysticism have any relevance - in my view - to Modern Spiritualism, a philosophy that has guided my thinking for 3 decades.

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by hiorta Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:46 pm

Agree entirely Waller, reincarnation appears to be a choice and looks to be under the influence of several aspects of Law, including Attraction.
hiorta
hiorta

Back to top Go down

Post by Wes Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:48 pm

If free will applies to whether you choose to reincarnate or not, than it must also apply to whether you stay earthbound as a ghost when your body expires, or head to the next plane of existence. This won't overly impede your soul's progress if it is a group soul as Silver Birch says, and has many small parts of itself living physical lives.
Wes
Wes

Back to top Go down

Post by Waller Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:53 pm

afro 

Last edited by Waller on Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Waller
Waller

Back to top Go down

Post by hiorta Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:37 am

Terms and ideas like 'earthbound' encourage a negative or frightening view of life immediately beyond our experience. There would seem to be more possibilities available that suggest a temporary place of rest or re-orienting, or just taking a break. A mischievous opportunity perhaps on the threshold of a period of growth.
hiorta
hiorta

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2