Psychic Predictions for Brisbane

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Psychic Predictions for Brisbane

Post by Wes on Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:54 am

Jim, here's one for your collection. This psychic predicts a lot of storms up here, but funnily enough you don't have to be psychic to predict storms in Queensland Rolling Eyes



http://www.couriermail.com.au/questnews/central/psychic-predicts-storm-carnage-and-new-leaders-on-the-horizon-for-brisbane-city/story-fn8m0qb4-1226467272527
avatar
Wes


Back to top Go down

Re: Psychic Predictions for Brisbane

Post by Admin on Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:02 am

I love that one Wes...thanks
avatar
Admin
Admin


Back to top Go down

Re: Psychic Predictions for Brisbane

Post by WishingMel on Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:23 pm

Ha ha! By the way I love your display avatar. I am a cat lover Smile

WishingMel


Back to top Go down

Re: Psychic Predictions for Brisbane

Post by Mark74 on Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:02 pm

Jim, did you follow Australia's The One. I came across a few clips recently on youtube when Charmaine Wilson won it, she came across as fairly accurate. But then again it's a television show.

Mark74


Back to top Go down

Re: Psychic Predictions for Brisbane

Post by Admin on Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:13 pm

We did watch it Mark at times they can be quite accurate, its interesting that in teh last one Anthony Grzelka who I have heard and seems a decent medium was the first out. I am not sure the format really works for those who are by preference more mediumistic.
avatar
Admin
Admin


Back to top Go down

Re: Psychic Predictions for Brisbane

Post by Mark74 on Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:47 am

Admin wrote:We did watch it Mark at times they can be quite accurate, its interesting that in teh last one Anthony Grzelka who I have heard and seems a decent medium was the first out. I am not sure the format really works for those who are by preference more mediumistic.

I seen Morgan a few weeks back during one of her sell-out shows. I was greatly disappointed by the lack of evidence she provided. Although I was impressed with ''Sally Morgan: Star Psychic'' on television, I still had my doubts, and went along to experience it myself. All I can say is television editing can do marvelous things.

Mark74


Back to top Go down

Re: Psychic Predictions for Brisbane

Post by Wes on Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:30 pm

Mark74 wrote:Jim, did you follow Australia's The One. I came across a few clips recently on youtube when Charmaine Wilson won it, she came across as fairly accurate. But then again it's a television show.

I was also impressed by what I saw of Charmaine Wilson on that show, but when I saw her live a couple of years ago, I was less impressed. She should have bought a fishing rod on stage with her....




avatar
Wes


Back to top Go down

Re: Psychic Predictions for Brisbane

Post by Admin on Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:12 am

One of the biggest issues for the self developed psychic or one trained with no experience of the Spiritualist movement is the total lack of exposure to working in a publc arena demonstrating. Most try to use what they see from the big name mediums loke Edwards Sylvia Brown etc.

Its no wonder their performances take on the look of a seine trawler with its nets out. In honesty, whatever the flaws of our movement, it is the one place where philosophy, training and skills can be found....well if you keep searching. Sadly all to often now it seems the desire to fast track mediums sees an over acceptance of the fishing net.
avatar
Admin
Admin


Back to top Go down

Re: Psychic Predictions for Brisbane

Post by Wes on Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:39 am

Admin wrote:One of the biggest issues for the self developed psychic or one trained with no experience of the Spiritualist movement is the total lack of exposure to working in a publc arena demonstrating. Most try to use what they see from the big name mediums loke Edwards Sylvia Brown etc.

Its no wonder their performances take on the look of a seine trawler with its nets out. In honesty, whatever the flaws of our movement, it is the one place where philosophy, training and skills can be found....well if you keep searching. Sadly all to often now it seems the desire to fast track mediums sees an over acceptance of the fishing net.

Here's an interesting passage from Wilson's book Spirit Whispers where, wracked with doubt and paranoia about where the thoughts in her head were coming from, she consulted someone from a "spiritualist" church:

The clairvoyant sat calmly back in his chair, closed his eyes and smiled as he listened to my story. I asked him if he thought it was possible that the voices I was hearing were from the military. The clairvoyant gently explained that no, it wasn’t a covert military recruitment exercise I had been experiencing, there was a much more simpler and profound explanation. Lowering his voice to a whisper, he informed me that I was communicating with a fourteen foot space alien…
The male clairvoyant…was a very experienced practitioner who regularly did readings at a spiritualist church. Perhaps he was somehow threatened by my early abilities, and tried to put me off the track, who knows.
Much later I visited the Spiritualist church where he was reverend and offered to do readings for his psychic fair. On that day spirits were coming through one after the other. I looked over at the clairvoyant afterwards and he was seething with anger. He didn’t speak to me at all for the rest of the day. Clearly, he was dismayed that the messages I had relayed had brought tears to the eyes of the recipients. It was obvious he had felt ‘outdone’. I took a distance from spirituality after that – I had gone to him for help and he told me I was communicating with space aliens. He had never really wanted to help me, and if that’s what being spiritual meant, he could shove it!
avatar
Wes


Back to top Go down

Re: Psychic Predictions for Brisbane

Post by Admin on Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:14 pm

Well sadly Wes that is Australia and its not the first story I have heard like it (even from teh UK where some churches would not help). I wonder if that Rev was a self created psychic.

The problem in aus is there is no generally available training scheme and no guarantees that any of the proclaimed mediu as they say. Discernment but it does not help the beginner especially those with natural talent.

Conversely Lis credits the Victorian Spiritualist Union and in particular George Eldred with making sense of her natural ability.
avatar
Admin
Admin


Back to top Go down

Re: Psychic Predictions for Brisbane

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum