SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WHY MATERIALIST SCIENCE CANNOT EXPLAIN NEAR-DEATH EXPERIENCE

4 posters

Go down

WHY MATERIALIST SCIENCE CANNOT EXPLAIN NEAR-DEATH EXPERIENCE Empty WHY MATERIALIST SCIENCE CANNOT EXPLAIN NEAR-DEATH EXPERIENCE

Post by Admin Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:24 am

Another new book on the subject

http://nhne-pulse.org/why-materialist-science-cannot-explain-near-death-experiences/
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

WHY MATERIALIST SCIENCE CANNOT EXPLAIN NEAR-DEATH EXPERIENCE Empty Re: WHY MATERIALIST SCIENCE CANNOT EXPLAIN NEAR-DEATH EXPERIENCE

Post by Left Behind Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:01 am

SURE they can! They explain it by: dreams, drugs, combinations of drugs: hallucinations, hoaxes, low oxygen to the brain: and my personal favorite: that the human brain is genetically hard-wired so that, as death approaches, it comforts the dying organism with visions of a pleasant after-world that doesn't really exist!

Jim

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

WHY MATERIALIST SCIENCE CANNOT EXPLAIN NEAR-DEATH EXPERIENCE Empty Re: WHY MATERIALIST SCIENCE CANNOT EXPLAIN NEAR-DEATH EXPERIENCE

Post by KatyKing Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:33 pm

Very Happy Well aren't they in for a most pleasant surprise then!
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:31 pm

That's an interesting question: is the typical atheist happy, or disappointed, to find out that death isn't the end?

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:33 pm

Very Happy I'm reliably informed that Osama bin Laden was really ticked off to arrive in an afterlife entirely populated by Mormons.
[Hope you guys in Langley enjoyed that one]
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:03 am

KatyKing wrote: Very Happy I'm reliably informed that Osama bin Laden was really ticked off to arrive in an afterlife entirely populated by Mormons.
[Hope you guys in Langley enjoyed that one]
Could have been worse - Jehovah's Witnesses.

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:01 am

Or Plymouth Brethren
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:35 pm

At least, they're all Prohibitionists.

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:56 pm

Fine tradition of teetotalism in Spiritualism. Philip Harris a lovely Welsh medium [73] a distinguished gentleman in every sense of those terms at yesterday afternoon's meeting told us.
'Funny thing is that a lot of people who serve Spirit don't like drink. It tastes horrible to me, like cough medicine'.
Some of the old timers who did take a drink liked it too much. Look at the poor old Fox sisters. The K household has always been 'dry' but each to their own. At upwards of three pounds a pint I wonder how the pubs sell any booze at all when the supermarkets seem to be selling it at discount prices. Many pubs have closed down in our area but the local city centre is like the last days of Sodom every Friday and Saturday night.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:12 pm

You know I was just thinking that when mediums like Mr Harris go to their reward won't we have lost something precious? Immaculate he was, suit, waistcoat, shoes you could shave in the shine of. Very traditional meeting some good evidence but such a dignity about it all. I know it's not what's wanted in the main these days and maybe it's nostalgia on my part but what a loss to the movement when the last of these old timers pass.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:30 pm

When I was active in Masonry some years ago, I remember some oldtimers who were like that. Would never dream of attending a meeting without well-shined shoes, suit and necktie. And they were true gentlemen in their demeanor and language as well.

Sadly, they are passing: and an era is passing with them. Sad

Jim

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:42 pm

I must say that the ladies all scrub up well but some of us men [self included] are a scruffy bunch.
My bete noir being jeans trainers or shorts. There should be a byelaw passed rulng that any male medium appearing on a platform thus attired MUST be pelted with aged vegetables supplied for that purpose by and at the cost of the committee.
Could be a winner.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:00 pm

I must say that when Rev Anne Gehman and her husband came they were a little shocked at teh casual way we dressed in oz. Luckily we had a couuple of 40 degree days and they realised a full suit and long heavy dresses may not quite be the thing. However we do try to do the right thing smart casual.

If Lis and I ever get to take up there offer to work at the church they are based at I know its smart dress shiny shoes and tie though. I think I may try to avoid a Washington summer then..
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:16 pm

Quite right too Jim. Very formal the Lily Dale ladies. Long skirts are the done thing. Chaps opt for smart casual so not many ties in evidence. Isn't Ann Gehman's husband an ex Jesuit and retired Harvard academic? Seem to remember reading something along those lines.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:33 pm

Ann's husband Wayne is ex Jesuit and a fantastic speaker, they are wonderful people and we had a fabulous 8 days with them here.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:40 pm

Thanks for that confirmation Jim.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down