SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ronald Baker

+11
morriganish
Quiet
KatyKing
Mark74
Swordmaiden
Elaine T
obiwan
Maureen Harrison
hiorta
zerdini
_Leslie_
15 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Ronald Baker - Page 4 Empty Re: Ronald Baker

Post by Admin Mon Jul 24, 2023 1:31 am

I have an update on this. I was challenged by a medium who says Ron was his mentor but suggested that the posters on this thread, indicting him as a party to the exposure of Paul McIlhoney's were totally wrong and would not have the knowledge. It drove me to hunt for the truth. Read Pages 1 and 8 of thsi Psychic news and you will find out that Ron was totally involved in the exposure, maybe not with Albert Best, but certainly with Gordon Higginsons collusion. George (posthumously) and Hiorta were right. https://digitalcollections.lib.umanitoba.ca/islandora/object/uofm%3A2968389
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jul 25, 2023 12:15 am

I am grateful that the person who pushed me has come back with more information which is substantiated in something else I found about Paul McIlhoney. I am aware that Albert Best is a Furphy in that story and that Zerdini beong Zerdini placed himself somewhere where he was not. It appears the report may not be an accurate verbatim report of what ocurred ads an alernate report, from two people who were there suggests that Ron was not because he was ill at the time and it was a group of people who unmasked Paul.

Leonard was absolutely right and all the way through the mediums name is mis spelt it should be McElhoney, Georges' posts clouded the issue substantially, we was uninvolved and was reporting second hand from a memory. Well worth a read I have not found the News of the World article.

https://digitalcollections.lib.umanitoba.ca/islandora/object/uofm:2968056

https://digitalcollections.lib.umanitoba.ca/islandora/object/uofm:2968063

Sad given all the excitement when McElhoney was made the SNU's Medium of the Year in 1981

https://digitalcollections.lib.umanitoba.ca/islandora/object/uofm:2963113

It is also interesting to see the PN team in that last Link. Ron Baker was, for many years, Advertising and Circulation Manager of PN. Just wish we had the PN archives when the thread started.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AstralFairy32 Tue Jul 25, 2023 6:50 am

Thank you for all of the information you have found. It is a difficult one with sources of information. I learnt at uni about primary and secondary sources etc and unfortunately some material is not completely based on fact. For example, if I were to hear from a person that they read an article about an event that happened, say, 50 years ago, this would be a third source of information. Thus having little validity. Think of it in the sense of Chinese whispers.

I have found some further information about Ron and feel it will help me with my research, considerably. I am grateful for all of the help on this forum and will pop a link up once I have done the work intended!

I have re-read the forum posts and as an outsider, I understand the importance of getting the correct facts out there. Something of which, I am working hard to complete. Ron and others close to him are the pioneers of Spiritualism; and so, it is important that we find ways of making their voices heard once more. I have been helped greatly, with my own personal mediumship, by listening to Gordon Higginson's recordings of his lectures. I feel it is a shame that Ron's are not similarly available. These great teachings could certainly help many upcoming mediums who find themselves lost at the beginning of their journeys; as I once was. I have had countless people approach me, confused as to what they are experiencing. Not feeling drawn to our churches. They need a guide. I know that it was also Ron's vision to help in this way. He spoke of us all being 'Spiritual Scientists'! In that we needed to explore our world further, understand phenomenon with a scientific approach. This should be our focus, the future of spiritualism and how we can help each other, by discovering the truth that is available through our pioneers' teachings and wisdom.

Thank you again for your time.

AstralFairy32

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jul 26, 2023 12:38 am

Hmm apparently in researching Ron Baker we have two Rons to deal with one the medium and a different one Th ePsychic News Advertising and Circulation Manager
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jul 26, 2023 1:04 am

Hi Astral,

For the pioneers of Spiritualism you have to go back much further than Ron Baker and Gordon Higginson, they were just builders (or not builders) on an established organisation which peaked around the time they were both working ( my wife an excellent medium was in the UK in the 1072-1984 period when it was rare to find a bad medium able to get a place on one of 400 church platforms in the Uk, it was what brought me to S[iritualism aht I now see may mean whilst staying a Spiritualist I never attend a centre when I retire from running one) . Sadly there is a case that Gordon, during his presidency, saw a fall in mediumship standrads from the mid 1980's into the nineties. At this stage, as of now, we are probably beginning to see the end of Spiritualism as a philsophy that delivers reliable proof of survial mediumship and a coherent phlosophy. Sometimes I feel that this forum and other writings (from other researchers, my wife and I) will be the obituary.

Babk in about 1900 William Jame's described Mrs Piper as his White Crow to believe in survival (He was teh Father of USA Psychology). The pioneers are pre his time Stainton Moses, scientists who supported the movement through teh early years. My White Crows as the greatest mediums are Glays Osborne Leonard, Estelle Roberts, Etta Wriedt, Hunter Selkirk.

If you want a history of Spiritualism and its pioneers it does start at Hydeville in 1848 but would never have happened without Maggie Fox and the first demonstration of mediumship (by her alone teh circle in Rochester was very clear that the eldest sister, by 20 years, Leah, had no mediumship abilities). Howevre you need to dodge between stars and duds of themediums often talked about . Also realise that mental mediumship, of the type you see now, only began after the start of the 20th Century. Leonora Piper, Gladys Osborne Leonard Etta Wriedt did their mediumship in Trance with their guides bringing teh messages through from the loved one's.

Good luck with your book but remember ther were greater mediums than both Gordoon and Ron in the past. There may even be a very few about now.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AstralFairy32 Wed Jul 26, 2023 7:34 am

Thank you for this. Very interesting.

I have read Arthur Conan Doyle's book with much interest and a friend of mine has written extensively on the history of spiritualism too. I feel when I refer to Ron and Gordon as Pioneers, in my view they are due to my age (I'm in my early forties!). They came before the mediums I see today (including me) and made a huge difference to many. I began my medium journey by listening to Gordon's recordings and have now got access to some of Ron's. I am interested in the history, for me being the 70s, 80s and 90s as this was the end of an era. In my view they had the divine within them and it is the message they were bringing (that lives on through their recordings/writings), which is what I feel I am meant to continue in some form of teaching.

I am very grateful for your help and invaluable knowledge; as well as the research you have done on my behalf. There are so many wonderful stories, yet it would perhaps take me two lifetimes to write about them all. I do seem to influence people in a positive way, so I do feel others will take a similar interest. I've only come this far due to the kindness of others, including yourself. I have been approached a lot and been asked to tutor others; it is my hope I will become the tutor they need one day. Though this urge to write is overwhelming right now. Thank you again, for your service and friendship!

AstralFairy32

Slatewriter likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Slatewriter Wed Jul 26, 2023 11:08 am

AstralFairy32 wrote:
I began my medium journey by listening to Gordon's recordings and have now got access to some of Ron's.

Are these cassette tapes by any chance - if so they really need preserving/digitising

Slatewriter

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jul 27, 2023 12:35 am

Hi Astral,

Arthur Conan Doyles book is fascinating but sadly riddled with errors. The history of Spiritualism needs rwriting from day 1. Lis, my wife,m was part of the Psypioneer Editorial team with Paul Gaunt. We all with other researchers are working to put right the many erroers which eist in teh written words. Bothe Doyle's History and Leah Fos's Missing link book have established teh wrong history in both the UK and USA respectively. Have a look at the History section of this forum and you will get the picture. I believe one of Pauls projects (like it is one of mine but at 74 years old time is against me) is to rewrite the history.

Kind regards

Jim
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jul 27, 2023 12:41 am

One thing about the vidoe of Ron working its show the classic name and address delivery typical of the late 1960's to 1980's. I saw my wife deliver several ones like it or as strong off platform in London in 1983/1984 )one classic I have your grandfather here he lived at name address and subururb was yay tall thin and wore a flat cap most of the time can you take that and a startled yes comes back the audience gasp). However Ron delivers one big no, he asks a question, do you have cats? before mentioning he is seeing cats. My wife works on platform with me would I to do that she would give me a real telling off.Yo say I have two cats with me which must be yours and you setablish colour size etc of the cats never ask a question the medium must never be fed. WE have several mediums working with us who have been mentored by Lis and the minute they go to ask a question they stop.

We both go direct to the recipient but start the evidence before we go Not names and addresses, they can be lifted and have been back pocket items for mediums on a difficult day, but specific description, personality and relationship (including loving or otherwise). How many can do that in Aus I would guess its likely to be less than 15 and maybe even less to do it consistently. Just remember people of my age may not really remember our grandparents and parents first names as to neighbour or the parents of friends they wer always Mr and Mrs Smith. I never called my Mum and Dad by their first name why would they proudly come and announce it to me.I recenyly was given two names as evidence I could place them but ther are much stronger proofs available as I know my detailed family tree is available on ancestry and I received it remotely a week or two after I had contact with the person. I can also mention that I can see psychically images that people put up in their mid (psychics and mediums use the same senses), I used to have fun in groups wher some attendees wer very visual in their thinking find I have a spirit connection to their Mum and just say I have your Mum here and up would pop a picture off Mum in their mind. Mum would then debate with daughter why she chodse that image from a photograph she hated,
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4