SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whatever happened to the Medium James Byrne???

+4
_Leslie_
obiwan
zerdini
Azur
8 posters

Go down

Whatever happened to the Medium James Byrne??? Empty Whatever happened to the Medium James Byrne???

Post by Azur Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:56 pm

Has anyone ever experienced the mediumship of James Byrne? and what ever happened to him?

Article about him:

A MEDIUM from Widnes says he might have been telephoned by a ghost.

James Byrne, a well-known medium who once gave demonstrations at the London Palladium, is used to spirits interfering with technology associated with him.

But this latest case is perhaps the strangest yet, he says.

He discovered the message on his answerphone when he returned from holiday in August. The message - a man saying is this switched on?' - had been left on August 7, according to James's machine.

There was no number recorded, but the phone has the facility to return the call.

James, aged 53, of Mansell Close, says: "A woman in Bolton answered, and when I explained who I was, she said I'd done a reading for her 14 years earlier. She said she'd not made the phone call."

The mystery deepened when James told the woman about the message and, after hearing the recording, she confirmed it was the voice of her partner who had died in June.

James says the woman contacted BT to check her phone records, and they confirmed that no call had been made to James's number from her line on August 7.

"We can't explain it," says James. "I'm not saying it's a ghost or an example of EVP (electronic voice phenomena said to be the work of spirits). But it is very strange."

James became aware he was psychic as a teenager and went on to become a very well known stage medium, making frequent television and radio appearances, and published a book, The Psychic World of James Byrne.

There have been examples of James appearing on television and radio shows where the sound equipment has faltered for no reason.

On another occasion he was giving a reading to a woman and was recording the session. Only later, when the woman listened to the tape, did she hear the voice of a foul-mouthed spirit.

James said: "Once I was driving with somebody else in the car, with the radio on. Suddenly - and from nowhere - a voice on the radio clearly said 'James Byrne'.

"That's one of the best examples, because somebody independent of me heard it.

"But how do you prove this answerphone message? You can't."

l Make up your own mind. Is the message on James's phone from a ghost?

Interesting article, I have since ordered his book

Azur

Back to top Go down

Whatever happened to the Medium James Byrne??? Empty James Byrne

Post by zerdini Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:20 pm

In October 2006 James announced he was leaving Spiritualism:

Nationally-renowned medium James Byrne has abandoned spiritualism and is launching a new healing' church in a Chorley village.

The first service at his King's Healing Church takes place in Wheelton village hall this Sunday evening, October 15.

James says his decision to ditch spiritualism and turn to Christianity was finally made for him a year ago following a chilling taped reading for a regular client in Wigan.

When the woman played the taped back, she and James were stunned to hear what came out.

"There was this most disgusting, foul-mouthed abusive voice on the tape.

"It sounded like, if you have a record slightly slowed down," revealed James.

"It was such a horrendous voice, it was threatening and I just thought this was enough and I have never ever done a reading since.

"My personal belief is that it was a bad spirit."

Bolton-bred James, aged 52, who now lives in Widnes, says he had been contemplating Christianity for several years after having doubts that spiritualism was for him.

"It took me five years to make that decision," said James.

The former British Rail driver said talking to comedian Sid Little, of Little and Large fame, also had a bearing on his change of direction.

"Horrendous things have happened in his life," he said.

"His son died of a drug overdose, his daughter was attacked, he went through a divorce."

James went on: "When bad things happen, it usually turns you away from God.

"He said it made him feel closer to God."

James, who was one of the UK's best known psychics, had been a psychic medium and clairvoyant since the age of 15.

He has worked around the world, played the London Palladium and regularly featured on TV and radio.

James admits his church involves "laying hands" on people and claims he has seen it cure people of incurable diseases.

"I believe Jesus Christ heals as much today as before. I don't regard myself as being gifted in any way," he said.

"I haven't got powers to do anything. If someone came to me with a massive problem and needed help.

"I would say prayers for that person."

James, married with four children, said he simply chose Wheelton after searching for a venue on the internet, but said he wanted to establish a church in the Chorley and Preston area.

His first service is at 6.30pm and every Sunday after that at the same time.

You can visit his website on www.ministryofhealing.co.uk.

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Whatever happened to the Medium James Byrne??? Empty Re: Whatever happened to the Medium James Byrne???

Post by Azur Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:46 pm

I read that article as well but the one I posted was published after that one, he said he was deluded by spiritualism but he was a pretty good medium.

Then just this evening I found this article:

Report from Maidstone Spritual Church
by James Byrne Psychic Medium on Saturday, September 17, 2011 at 11:45am. Report on Event: Evening of Clairvoyance with James Byrne.

What fun May's meeting was! James Byrne really is a great Medium, but his droll sense of humour always gives the meeting extra warmth and depth. His Mediumship is really excellent and he gives such detailed information he is unbelievable. In fact his messages were outstanding, and this when he had driven all the way from Liverpool and also given six individual readings. He then worked all the way through for nearly two hours and then drove all the way home! All this and he was not feeling too well, so we have to give Jame's an extra special thankyou for coming to visit with us in May. The hall was packed to capacity which just proves how popular James is. After giving some marvellous readings James then told us some true stories and events that happened with spirit when at one time in his life, he decided to stop being a Medium for awhile. Some of these events and spirit sightings giving him such proof of spirit made him decide that spirit were telling him not to "retire" as they needed him to continue with his spiritual work to help people who need him and his support. We can only imagine how hard it is to serve spirit when the call on your time is so great, so James, we all thank you from the bottom of our hearts and look forward to your coming to see us all again in the future.

Azur

Back to top Go down

Whatever happened to the Medium James Byrne??? Empty Re: Whatever happened to the Medium James Byrne???

Post by zerdini Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:44 am

He also wrote an article in The Skeptic slating psychics. at the end of which it states:

James Byrne worked as a psychic for thirty years before coming to the conclusion that it was all a sham. During his time as a psychic, he toured New Zealand twice, hosted radio shows in the United Kingdom, and performed at the London Palladium.

He now earns his living as a writer and debunker of psychics.

Strange isn't it?

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:00 am

He earned money for 30 years from it then decided it was a all a sham. Definitely a person whose opinion one can trust. Lol

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by Azur Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:33 am

zerdini wrote:He also wrote an article in The Skeptic slating psychics. at the end of which it states:

James Byrne worked as a psychic for thirty years before coming to the conclusion that it was all a sham. During his time as a psychic, he toured New Zealand twice, hosted radio shows in the United Kingdom, and performed at the London Palladium.

He now earns his living as a writer and debunker of psychics.

Strange isn't it?

Very strange!!!!! perhaps he couldn't make it as a professional debunker/sceptic so he went back to his old way, mediumship hmmmmmmmm

Well he's back on the circuit as a working medium. www.jamesbyrne.tv (his website)

Azur

Back to top Go down

Post by _Leslie_ Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:21 pm

James is still working - he's taking divine services in various churches in the North West of England and Wales during 2011 Including some clairvoyant evenings.

I've seen him several times...

Not sure if he updates it - but he can be found on Facebook.
_Leslie_
_Leslie_

Back to top Go down

Post by morriganish Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:57 pm

I heard of this,it did not endear me to him. I have heard him on late night radio regularly he was not that great,more like a psychic. If he was aware of Spirit. Why was so afraid of a "Spirit" voice After all he is supposed to be a Medium. It seems to me to be a bit hypocritical to start doing it again. OMG!!

morriganish

Back to top Go down

Post by LeroyC Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:26 pm

Must add my comment for what its worth. Its all very well James Byrne branding psychics as a sham, but in my view that was the kettle calling the pot black !.

Many years ago (in Blackpool, UK) Byrne was advertising private sittings, so I decided out of curiosity to have one. I have perhaps only had about 4 sittings in this way in my life, so I was quite intrigued !. I was also a lot less experienced within Spiritualism then.

However, its the only private sitting I have ever had where the medium cracked open a can of Carlsberg Special Brew before the sitting and comenced drinking it while giving me a 'message'. Of course the whole scenario was total crap, and did nothing to reinforce my faith in mediumship.

I am sure this was a one off, but that is one 'medium' whom I would never venture to see again !!!

LeroyC

LeroyC

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:09 am

As an experienced Spiritualist I chuckled at the details of LeroyC's story but as someone who has steadfastly promoted the message of survival and communication via mediumship I'm less sanguine.

Of course psychics aren't necessarily/usually mediums so in that respect they are sham if they present themselves as such.  But there's so much interchangeability of the nouns 'psychic' and 'medium' nowadays that I find myself constantly questioning what is written about 'mediums'...

And of course a psychic who professes to provide evidential mediumship - but only provides psychism - is simply a con.  As to what an evidential medium who fails to deliver should be called is another question altogether!

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by hiorta Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:57 am

"there's so much interchangeability of the nouns 'psychic' and 'medium' "

This is undoubtedly so, mac and I would add the word 'Spiritualist' to the list. Many folk seem to have formed this vague view of this branch of human activity.
I'm not quite sure that it arose entirely under its own steam, either.

However, as was once said:'What's in a name'?
Long ago I used to take part in some training/ experimental work and I recall one occasion where we gave experimental sittings where the 'sitter was randomly directed to one of the budding mediums. A youngish lady appeared, very genuine in intent and an image of nearby locality appeared which was accepted along with many small details that 'came' along with it.
Then a personality of immense intellect manifested and again was accepted. No name, description or profession was in sight, just this huge Mind - in which it seemed it was possible to park several aircraft carriers away in a wee corner where they would be completely 'lost' and insignificant.
Another time I was in the Barras in Glasgow and came across a 'clairvoyant' open for business so, in I went without expectation - only curiosity.

The lady offered several choices of readings - palm, cards, crystal, etc., then suddenly said: 'You know of these things and don't need any of them" then proceeded to just reel off a rapid mass of accurate evidence, the equal of any I've ever had, including Gordon Higginson and Albert Best.

This lady disliked the atmosphere and politics of churches, preferring to work among folk whose interest and thinking was of the 'Who am I going to marry' category - folk who had not yet reached a need for survival evidence.

So, the name used may not reflect ability and may even cloak inability.
Elsewhere in these now historical pages I recounted Albert Best telling of his speedily arranged trip to South Africa and his early morning walk in the bush where a Black Man awaited him, motioning to a small grass hut with a smoking fire. Albert said that his entire family materialised in that wee shelter.
A wonderful experience, but he puzzled over just how this superb medium even knew who he was and that he was coming by that way at that time.
He concluded that 'We simply know nothing of what is possible in this field of endeavour.'

Perhaps we remove the element of spontaneity, with church committee regulations?
hiorta
hiorta

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:53 am

Very interesting Hiorta.

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down