SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Chat on the Platform communications topic

+3
petal34
KatyKing
Left Behind
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

General Chat on the Platform communications topic Empty General Chat on the Platform communications topic

Post by Left Behind Wed May 16, 2012 4:04 pm

How we grow spiritually depends on us. But Spiritualist literature is rife with stories of people - some of whom later became giants in the field - who started off as skeptics, indeed opponents, of Spiritualism, only to become converted by the messages they received. This was true of Arthur Findlay, and even of some mediums, like Alec Harris.

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

General Chat on the Platform communications topic Empty Re: General Chat on the Platform communications topic

Post by KatyKing Wed May 16, 2012 10:16 pm

Fair point Jim lots of those on record and genuine in the main. Some conversion yarns need to be taken with a pinch of salt though. There's an Xtian evangelical tradition of bearing testimony. They get up and narrate what stinkers they were prior to being saved. Sort of
greater the prior sins the better somehow their conversion. Bit o that in Spiritualism too.
Converts are the most zealous in any sect I reckon. Pain in the btm some of em can be too. Five minutes in meeting and they'e Conan Doyle. Instant experts. Not many thank goodness but a regular supply. Many stick around a while then they are off after some new novelty.
Arthur Pink was a fair working medium who converted to Xtianity and made a nice living going round churches testifying to how de Lawd saved him from our evil clutches.
His widow would have died alone an in poverty were it not for a GW minister caring for her last days.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

General Chat on the Platform communications topic Empty Re: General Chat on the Platform communications topic

Post by Left Behind Thu May 17, 2012 5:04 pm

God Bless the GW then: they were being TRUE Christians. Smile

Remeinds me of my stepson, who's become a hellfire and brimstone Baptist preacher.

Apparently he drank a little,and smoked a few loco weed cigarettes, when he was a teenager. But as I told him: his past life becomes a little worse every time he tells the story of how the Lord saved him. In another 10 years, he'll have gone from getting drunk a few Saturday nights to having been a skid row wino! Laughing

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Thu May 17, 2012 7:38 pm

The Famous Pig Song
(Clarke Van Ness, music by F. Henri Klickmann)

'Twas an evening in October, I'll confess I wasn't sober,
I was carting home a load with manly pride,
When my feet began to stutter and I fell into the gutter,
And a pig came up and lay down by my side.
Then I lay there in the gutter and my heart was all a-flutter,
Till a lady, passing by, did chance to say:
"You can tell a man that boozes by the company he chooses,"
Then the pig got up and slowly walked away.

Walked away, walked away,
He was really too particular to stay.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Sat May 19, 2012 4:10 am

Laughing

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by petal34 Sat May 19, 2012 6:25 am

KatyKing wrote:The Famous Pig Song
(Clarke Van Ness, music by F. Henri Klickmann)

'Twas an evening in October, I'll confess I wasn't sober,
I was carting home a load with manly pride,
When my feet began to stutter and I fell into the gutter,
And a pig came up and lay down by my side.
Then I lay there in the gutter and my heart was all a-flutter,
Till a lady, passing by, did chance to say:

Walked away, walked away,
He was really too particular to stay.

Love it!
petal34
petal34

Back to top Go down

Post by petal34 Sat May 19, 2012 6:28 am

Talking about receiving messages on first visits.

I was told by a keen spiritualist friend to always leave at least 3 months before seeking any communication from a loved one who had passed recently.
Is this correct? And why?
petal34
petal34

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Sat May 19, 2012 10:11 am

No rules with mediums Joan. I've had someone whose body was still in the chapel of rest back for a sitter.
Bereavement counselling advice though could indicate that a gap may be best. The first part of ADA [anger denial acceptance] grieving process that their counsellors are taught is believed to be variable.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackcrow Sat May 19, 2012 2:37 pm

I agree with you there katy king a lot of peiole will go seek a medium before a counsellor, all the emmotions that we go through with a loss, i too have bought ppl through who were in the chapel of rest, i remember one incident i gave a message to a woman who was dolled up to the nines, jewlery looked like it had come from the crown jewels, i gave her a message i asked her why she had put her husbands coffin, right by a dresser he hated she had come there just minutes after her husbands coffin was taken to the house, she laughed and said he hated the dresser and that was the best conformation she had ever had,
I saw her again 6 months later she said she had been to 5 mediuns in that time but none of them told her enough, i told her to give it a rest for a few months because she was going to regular,

Namaste

Blackcrow

Back to top Go down

Post by petal34 Sat May 19, 2012 3:14 pm

I think you were the first one to give me a reading,Carron.
Remember the site we used to frequent years ago?
It closed down.
That was about 2 months after Ken passed.

But the first inkling I had he was around was hearing his voice.
Nearly went 6ft in the air. So near.
petal34
petal34

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Sat May 19, 2012 9:23 pm

Just goes to show eh?
Spirit does as Spirir will.
Good evidence that Carron.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Sun May 20, 2012 3:19 am

I'll try to get through to both of you as soon as I can after passing.

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by Wes Sun May 20, 2012 5:12 am

Blackcrow wrote:

I remember one incident i gave a message to a woman who was dolled up to the nines, jewlery looked like it had come from the crown jewels, i gave her a message i asked her why she had put her husbands coffin, right by a dresser he hated she had come there just minutes after her husbands coffin was taken to the house, she laughed and said he hated the dresser and that was the best conformation she had ever had,

That's the sort of reading that has resonance. Coming up with an address or phone number seems like a cheap magic trick in comparison.
Wes
Wes

Back to top Go down

Post by petal34 Sun May 20, 2012 8:43 am

Left Behind wrote:I'll try to get through to both of you as soon as I can after passing.

Laughing Probably will be 'up there' before you,Jim.....I'll lay the welcome mat out and a cuppa of good old English tea ready in the pot.
petal34
petal34

Back to top Go down

Post by Left Behind Sun May 20, 2012 6:43 pm

petal34 wrote:
Left Behind wrote:I'll try to get through to both of you as soon as I can after passing.

Laughing Probably will be 'up there' before you,Jim.....I'll lay the welcome mat out and a cuppa of good old English tea ready in the pot.

Be waiting for a fat bald guy with a short grey beard, Joanie! Accompanied by a beautiful brunette with big blue eyes. Very Happy

Jim

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by petal34 Sun May 20, 2012 7:48 pm

Left Behind wrote:
petal34 wrote:

Be waiting for a fat bald guy with a short grey beard, Joanie! Accompanied by a beautiful brunette with big blue eyes. Very Happy

Jim

Watch out for the gent answering the door,he will be tall,bald with a charity box held out as you answer.... Suspect The short redhead with grey eyes will making the tea in the kitchen.... Laughing
petal34
petal34

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Sun May 20, 2012 8:49 pm

Very Happy Two sugars in mine Joan please. And if there's any of that fruit cake left...........
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by petal34 Mon May 21, 2012 4:27 am

KatyKing wrote: Very Happy Two sugars in mine Joan please. And if there's any of that fruit cake left...........

Coming right up.KK.... Very Happy
petal34
petal34

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Mon May 21, 2012 12:49 pm

Any maccaroons?
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Mon May 21, 2012 12:51 pm

This site has the right idea....
http://www.nicecupofteaandasitdown.com/book/
Very Happy
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by petal34 Mon May 21, 2012 2:23 pm

Interesting,KK. Very Happy
petal34
petal34

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Mon May 21, 2012 3:01 pm

Cracking book that.
The chapter on Cake is an especial favourite of mine.
These Spiritualist books are all very well; but cake, now that's a given.
You know where you are with a Battenberg.
General Chat on the Platform communications topic 418146
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by petal34 Mon May 21, 2012 6:03 pm

One of my favourites too. Very Happy
petal34
petal34

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Mon May 21, 2012 9:47 pm

Quite!

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by KatyKing Mon May 21, 2012 10:43 pm

Social aspect of Spiritualism in our neck of the woods revolves around tea and cake, biscuits too sometimes.
The abiding impression newcomers to our meetings comment on time and again is the warmth of welcome.
Spiritualists tend to be cheery souls with room for all sorts and conditions of folk. How could we be different? We belong to the most optimistic movement in the world.
If personal survival isn't good news then what can be?
More recruits join via 'honey' than would ever come for vinegar.
A smile is a frown turned upside down... etc.
There's rather a good report of an 'apparition' in that book referred to above. There's an extract from that to be found via the hyperlink.
KatyKing
KatyKing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next