How do spirit guides help guide a living person?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How do spirit guides help guide a living person?

Post by jakman on Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:21 am

How do you recognize your own?
i'm new on the whole subject, and quite interested on how it works?

how would they hint it to you, in trying to help steer your life? or if you've gone the wrong way and they need to tell u?

and how do we choose spirit guides? people we loved in a past life?



jakman


Back to top Go down

Re: How do spirit guides help guide a living person?

Post by hiorta on Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:49 am

Guides of any description cannot and will not 'steer your life' in any way, shape or form. That is your own task. What they will try to do is gently, impartially and very subtly impress your mind to give consideration to what you do and why you do it.
If you respond positively to these gentle promptings, they will gradually increase in potency when needed.

But, before any of this might happen, take an honest inventory of your Spiritual self and make corrections as you recoignise the need.

At the same time, be very aware of the laws of Attraction and Cause & Effect.
You can only attract as you are.

The journey is a most arduous though worthwhile one. When the going gets tough, things seem to happen to ease the strain showing that you are in good hands.


Last edited by hiorta on Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:00 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling errors)
avatar
hiorta


Back to top Go down

Re: How do spirit guides help guide a living person?

Post by zerdini on Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:52 am

[quote="jakman"]How do you recognize your own?
i'm new on the whole subject, and quite interested on how it works?

how would they hint it to you, in trying to help steer your life? or if you've gone the wrong way and they need to tell u?

and how do we choose spirit guides? people we loved in a past life?




More spam!! Rolling Eyes

zerdini


Back to top Go down

Re: How do spirit guides help guide a living person?

Post by mac on Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:41 pm

another waster!

mac


Back to top Go down

Re: How do spirit guides help guide a living person?

Post by Admin on Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:48 pm

Actually Yes I try and stop the advertising as a tag but I think you Gentlemen Z and Mac are forgetting that part of this site is to help people. This is exactly the type of question we get all the time from new people in development groups. Not everyone on here is an "old" in both senses of the word, Spiritualist like Z, you and I.

After 7 years I still run one weekly to try and help the work of Spirit.

Good reply Hiorta, as an extra piece remember when you return to the physical world there is common agreement one spirit remains watching as your gatekeeper the first and most important guide for you.
avatar
Admin
Admin


Back to top Go down

Re: How do spirit guides help guide a living person?

Post by mac on Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:36 am

Admin wrote:Actually Yes I try and stop the advertising as a tag but I think you Gentlemen Z and Mac are forgetting that part of this site is to help people. This is exactly the type of question we get all the time from new people in development groups. Not everyone on here is an "old" in both senses of the word, Spiritualist like Z, you and I.

After 7 years I still run one weekly to try and help the work of Spirit.

Good reply Hiorta, as an extra piece remember when you return to the physical world there is common agreement one spirit remains watching as your gatekeeper the first and most important guide for you.

I made my response based on what appeared at the foot of the original posting - I guess I shouldn't jump to immediate conclusions but it isn't the first time I've experienced such an occurrence. One has to wonder why a genuine discussion forum contributor would have, what appears to be, some kind of promotion in their signature area.

I'm quite happy to find I was wrong and that the poster had actually made a genuine enquiry rather than simply been pushing some goods or service.

The proof of that particular pudding will be when jakman responds to the points made since the original.

mac


Back to top Go down

Re: How do spirit guides help guide a living person?

Post by Admin on Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:37 am

absolutely Mac at least if he is a pure spammer he took teh time to make up a better question than most.
avatar
Admin
Admin


Back to top Go down

Re: How do spirit guides help guide a living person?

Post by mac on Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:40 am

Admin wrote:absolutely Mac at least if he is a pure spammer he took teh time to make up a better question than most.

sad individual if that's the case

mac


Back to top Go down

Re: How do spirit guides help guide a living person?

Post by _Leslie_ on Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:59 pm

I always refer to our spirit guides in a similar fashion to today's modern GPS navigation systems.

In some ways, our spiritual destination is already mapped out for us, the journey of getting there of course being an individual one, for some it is long and arduous, for others short and none eventful.

If you now imagine a cars navigation system (GPS), it, like our guides is relatively 'none obtrusive', we simply enter our destination and it works out the route we should follow. Should we meet an obstacle, and perhaps decide to detour, the navigation system system doesn't argue, doesn't place the brake on... it simply and quietly re-routes you.

This for me is similar to our spirit guides. For just like the GPS, they know our true destination, and try albeit quietly to guide us their as safely as possible towards it. The problem is of course... we have free will, which result in us turning left, where we should have gone right, and continuing where perhaps we should have stopped. Just like the GPS our guides simply recalculate the route, and continue by our side no matter what decisions we make.

The 'key' of course is learning to use and understand this spiritual GPS navigation system, but I suppose that where learning to trust your instincts, inner feelings and guidance come in Wink

(hope I explained that okay Smile )
avatar
_Leslie_


Back to top Go down

Re: How do spirit guides help guide a living person?

Post by zerdini on Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:36 pm

mac wrote:
The proof of that particular pudding will be when jakman responds to the points made since the original.

That was in July 2010 and there has been no response since!

zerdini


Back to top Go down

Re: How do spirit guides help guide a living person?

Post by hiorta on Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:36 pm

There wouldn't be a lot of point in trying to guide dead ones. Very Happy
avatar
hiorta


Back to top Go down

Re: How do spirit guides help guide a living person?

Post by obiwan on Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:59 pm

hiorta wrote:There wouldn't be a lot of point in trying to guide dead ones. Very Happy
LMAO

obiwan


Back to top Go down

Re: How do spirit guides help guide a living person?

Post by obiwan on Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:59 pm

_Leslie_ wrote:I always refer to our spirit guides in a similar fashion to today's modern GPS navigation systems.

In some ways, our spiritual destination is already mapped out for us, the journey of getting there of course being an individual one, for some it is long and arduous, for others short and none eventful.

If you now imagine a cars navigation system (GPS), it, like our guides is relatively 'none obtrusive', we simply enter our destination and it works out the route we should follow. Should we meet an obstacle, and perhaps decide to detour, the navigation system system doesn't argue, doesn't place the brake on... it simply and quietly re-routes you.

This for me is similar to our spirit guides. For just like the GPS, they know our true destination, and try albeit quietly to guide us their as safely as possible towards it. The problem is of course... we have free will, which result in us turning left, where we should have gone right, and continuing where perhaps we should have stopped. Just like the GPS our guides simply recalculate the route, and continue by our side no matter what decisions we make.

The 'key' of course is learning to use and understand this spiritual GPS navigation system, but I suppose that where learning to trust your instincts, inner feelings and guidance come in Wink

(hope I explained that okay Smile )
I don't think that's such a great analogy Leslie for all kinds of reasons lol

obiwan


Back to top Go down

Re: How do spirit guides help guide a living person?

Post by _Leslie_ on Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:10 am

obiwan wrote:
I don't think that's such a great analogy Leslie for all kinds of reasons lol
LOL, oh, I think there are many who blame there loss of direction and failings in life, on anything other than themselves. Just as those driving a high sided vehicle know that they shouldn't go under low bridges... But as they do Wink
avatar
_Leslie_


Back to top Go down

Re: How do spirit guides help guide a living person?

Post by normy on Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:50 am

I'm not sure where to post this, it concerns Ivy Northage and her guide Chan. I don't believe in reincarnation, and hope it is not so, but Chan in the book "Journey Beyond" claims to be an emissary from the spirit world, who tells of his personal experience including knowledge of his last reincarnation. The book contains the usual type of philosophy in the spirit world, but confirms reincarnation as a fact, using the analogy of the diamond, and many lives being it's facets. ( As Magnus used to say through Colin Fry I believe). OK, I can shrug my shoulders, and say yet another guide from a medium's trance state, who are we to believe, they contradict each other, and the brain is involved. Do guides even speak genuinely through trance mediums? However....

Ivy was quite an impressive medium, and had a sceptical husband who demanded proof that Chan was a real spirit. He asked Chan if he could get proof by Chan providing evidence from someone in the spirit world about whom they both knew nothing. This would be identity and background material, the accuracy of which could be checked. Telepathy or interference would be eliminated. Chan said it would take a long time and like a jigsaw puzzle, Stanley would have to be very patient. Stanley was to record the various bits of evidence, and lastly Chan would disclose the location where tyhe accuracy could be proved.
It's too long to type here, but it was proved or indicated strongly , if you read the story p.54 to p.57 in her book "While I remember".
I am very impressed with the evidence presented and how it fitted. This is the only case I know of a spirit guide proving, or at least indicating, that he had a separate existence from the medium. Survival was not proved, but one has to account for the evidence, where did it come from if not the guide ? Which makes his philosophy more believable, which supports reincarnation. I still have an open mind though, have I missed something, any opinions? Very Happy ( Ivy could have worked out the whole scenario and gained psychic information in her subconscious while in trance and spoken it in good faith, but that seems a bit unlikely when you read the text).
avatar
normy


Back to top Go down

Re: How do spirit guides help guide a living person?

Post by mac on Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:28 am

Interesting points, normy....

I don't share your misgivings about multiple lives or live in hope that they don't happen (I'm resigned to my coming back though not exactly relishing the prospect Sad ) but there's some useful information about the difficulties that even accomplished communicators have in demonstrating they are entities who are wholly separate from their instrument. (I find SB's word just right)

I know you're not a sceptic but not given to acceptance without question either and it's interesting to learn that you're almost minded to accept these details. You've also considered the possibility of an Ivy Northage construct so I don't think you've missed anything relevant.

I guess, though, that actual evidence of multiple lifetimes (too much baggage to the word 'reincarnation') is gonna be nigh impossible to achieve and personal confidence, perhaps gained from unseen, personal inspirers, is what shapes our outlook?

mac


Back to top Go down

Re: How do spirit guides help guide a living person?

Post by normy on Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:52 am

Thanks for your reply mac. Multiple lifetimes mean nothing to me from personal sources or inspirations , I feel as if I am a new soul who has had to learn everything as new from birth. I suspect this is a bit unusual from what I read . Smile
avatar
normy


Back to top Go down

Re: How do spirit guides help guide a living person?

Post by mac on Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:12 pm

normy wrote:Thanks for your reply mac. Multiple lifetimes mean nothing to me from personal sources or inspirations , I feel as if I am a new soul who has had to learn everything as new from birth. I suspect this is a bit unusual from what I read . Smile

Your final comment makes an interesting point. I don't feel like I'm new here in the physical.....

I look at my present small amount of understanding and wonder if I'll need to go through another awakening to reach even the modest level of awareness that I presently have (always assuming I understand anything at all!) And if I didn't go through another 'awakening', what level of understanding might I have next time around? Would I even understand that we survive death or would I be an ignoramus?

Or maybe I have already gradually worked my way towards my present understanding and that will always remain within me, even if not consciously recognised? I used to wonder about such matters quite a bit but now I'm less concerned. with such matters.


Last edited by mac on Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : strike through of repetition!)

mac


Back to top Go down

Re: How do spirit guides help guide a living person?

Post by normy on Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:35 pm

You seem to consider a lot of possibilities mac. I never had any psychic experiences until I was past 40, and since then only through the abilities of mediums giving me them, or helping me obtain them, and by reading the literature. In my case, I have found that I have learned and experienced and developed for most of what I think I'm capable of, increasing with the years, and when I pass over, my theory is that progression always goes from lower to higher. Therefore, progression continues in the spirit world, not reincarnation or coming back for another life, because I feel that would be regression, not progression. I seem to have an antagonism towards coming back here again, a feeling it is not necessary. I have collected all the arguments against and will stay with that, right or wrong. Except by evidence in favour which I cannot envisage at the moment. Smile
avatar
normy


Back to top Go down

Re: How do spirit guides help guide a living person?

Post by _Leslie_ on Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:10 pm

normy wrote:<SNIP>I seem to have an antagonism towards coming back here again, a feeling it is not necessary. <SNIP>

I wonder (thinking out aloud) if that might be because your 'higher self' knows that such a transition is no longer required? As in... having been before, you no longer 'need' to revisit here again...?
avatar
_Leslie_


Back to top Go down

Re: How do spirit guides help guide a living person?

Post by mac on Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:14 pm

normy wrote:You seem to consider a lot of possibilities mac. I never had any psychic experiences until I was past 40, and since then only through the abilities of mediums giving me them, or helping me obtain them, and by reading the literature. In my case, I have found that I have learned and experienced and developed for most of what I think I'm capable of, increasing with the years, and when I pass over, my theory is that progression always goes from lower to higher. Therefore, progression continues in the spirit world, not reincarnation or coming back for another life, because I feel that would be regression, not progression. I seem to have an antagonism towards coming back here again, a feeling it is not necessary. I have collected all the arguments against and will stay with that, right or wrong. Except by evidence in favour which I cannot envisage at the moment. Smile

"You seem to consider a lot of possibilities mac." I'm that kind of person, normy, one who feels that most matters are rarely clear cut and I try to consider the extremities of the range of possibilities for situations. For many or even most situations I find I can suggest a viable, alternative suggestion or idea. You say you didn't have any experiences until after you were 40 and with the help of others. Me too initially except I was 37 but later I had a whole bunch of experiences which weren't, perhaps, part of the usual range of 'spooks' experiences. I too did a load of book larnin'!

I understand the picture you paint in terms of yourself and agree with spiritual progression, lower to higher as you put it, in the etheric but I differ in my view that further lives in the physical are regression, probably because I see them in a different context, with a different perspective. From what I've learned from others, your self-assessed antagonism towards returning is not uncommon - I know a fair few others equally convinced that they don't want to come back and for similar reasons! It's kind of a self-fulfilling prophecy because your freewill ultimately determines what happens. If you're still as determined after you get 'over-there' as you are while you're over here then you'll not return.

But, of course, by that time you may be seeing matters differently and if that's the case, all bets may be off. Wink

mac


Back to top Go down

Re: How do spirit guides help guide a living person?

Post by normy on Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:46 pm

Good thinking mac, it seems like a win/win for Very Happy me then!
avatar
normy


Back to top Go down

Re: How do spirit guides help guide a living person?

Post by normy on Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:48 pm

_Leslie_ wrote:
normy wrote:<SNIP>I seem to have an antagonism towards coming back here again, a feeling it is not necessary. <SNIP>

I wonder (thinking out aloud) if that might be because your 'higher self' knows that such a transition is no longer required? As in... having been before, you no longer 'need' to revisit here again...?

That's good thinking as well Leslie, my higher self must know best! Laughing
avatar
normy


Back to top Go down

Re: How do spirit guides help guide a living person?

Post by mac on Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:23 pm

normy wrote:Good thinking mac, it seems like a win/win for Very Happy me then!

That's how I see it for us all, normy. Very Happy

mac


Back to top Go down

Re: How do spirit guides help guide a living person?

Post by earth angel on Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:33 pm

To generalize this then are as far as im aware spirit guides can only offer advice such as direction, or warnings of something of major importance. they cant directly or indirectly tell you what to do, as this is free will of the individual. So they are like guardians. they can impress upon us ideas or information, whether we are aware of this or not. but they cant interfere in the divine plan, especially if it is part of a lesson we must learn from, otherwise our souls cannot grow and learn and evolve. and this is what we are hear for at the end of the day.
E A
avatar
earth angel


Back to top Go down

Re: How do spirit guides help guide a living person?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum