SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The funeral

3 posters

Go down

The funeral Empty The funeral

Post by hiorta Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:52 pm

A piper plays many gigs. Recently one was asked by a funeral director to play at a graveside service for a homeless man. He had no family or friends, so the service was to be at a paupers cemetery in the Kentucky back country.

As the piper was not familiar with the backwoods, he got lost and being a typical man, didn't stop for directions. finally arriving an hour late and saw that the funeral had evidently taken place and even the hearse was nowhere in sight.

The only people left were the diggers and crew, and they were eating lunch. The piper felt bad and apologized to the men for being late, went to the side of the grave and looked down. The lid was already in place. Not knowing what else to do, he started to play.

The workers put down their lunches and began to gather around. the piper played from his heart and soul for this man with no family and friends.

As he played 'Amazing Grace' the workers began to weep. They wept; we all wept together. When finished, he packed up my bagpipes and headed for his car, with a full heart

As he opened the car door, he heard one of the workers say in his folksy way, " never seen nothin' like that before and I've been putting in septic tanks for twenty years."
hiorta
hiorta

Back to top Go down

The funeral Empty Re: The funeral

Post by obiwan Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:38 pm

LOL I liked that.

obiwan

Back to top Go down

The funeral Empty Re: The funeral

Post by petal34 Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:47 pm

lol!

lol!