psychics, sensitives and mediums

View previous topic View next topic Go down

psychics, sensitives and mediums

Post by mac on Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:11 am

comments welcomed


Mediums

Certain mediums convey the words and teachings of spiritually-evolved teachers and guides. Such guidance is not personal and applies to humankind generally. In the past, details about the nature of life after death, and the dimensions in which we live, have been communicated in just such a way. Guides and teachers often say they have experienced life on earth.

Another form of mediumship is that of ‘channelling’. This appears very similar to that described above. It is said that certain channelled information may come from individuals who have not lived on earth.

When any information is passed on in these way, there is always a risk of colouration from the mind of the medium or channeller. The more developed is the relationship between source and medium, the better can be the avoidance of colouration – bias, prejudice, belief etc. – being picked up from the medium.

Other mediums, such as are found in Modern Spiritualism, act as ‘go-betweens’. They act both for their ‘sitters’ and those in the unseen world wishing to connect with them. Such an evidential medium may pass on messages from one to the other. She/he will often use methods such as clairvoyance (seeing, describing) and clairaudience (hearing) to acquire evidence of identification and to learn personal details which authenticate the source of a message.


Sensitives

A ‘sensitive’ is someone who is able to detect the presence of ‘unseen’ individuals in other dimensions of existence. The individuals detected may, or may not, have once lived on this earth. Hence one description of dimensions of existence may not correspond with others. Sensitives may make contact with those they are detecting – speaking to and hearing - but if they don’t act as a ‘go-between’ they would not be termed mediums. Any guidance would be for the benefit of the sensitive.

Psychics

Psychics may also be able to detect the presence of ‘unseen’ individuals in other dimensions of existence or they may simply sense and read the aura of those sitting with them or passing close by. They do not act as a ‘go-between’ and do not necessarily communicate with those they detect psychically. A psychic may, though, use her/his personal skills and abilities to counsel a sitter who has approached her/him for advice on personal matters.

Psychics can not exactly predict the future any more than mediums or sensitives, although it may appear that they can…

mac


Back to top Go down

Re: psychics, sensitives and mediums

Post by Admin on Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:40 pm

Hi Mac,

What a good simple and quick summary thanks I will return to this thread soon.

Jim

Admin
Admin


Back to top Go down

Re: psychics, sensitives and mediums

Post by petal34 on Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:01 pm

Wonderful description of both Psychics and Mediums.

Am I right in assuming that psychics can read only a person's persona and mediums are gifted people who bring messages from the departed?

Petal

petal34


Back to top Go down

Re: psychics, sensitives and mediums

Post by mac on Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:01 pm

petal34 wrote:Wonderful description of both Psychics and Mediums.

Am I right in assuming that psychics can read only a person's persona and mediums are gifted people who bring messages from the departed?

Petal
No.

Some psychics are also aware of discarnates and may, or may not, be able to interact with them. It's maybe arguable that the terms psychics and sensitives are virtually the same thing - I wouldn't argue with that although I'm the only one to have said it! Laughing

Mediums may, or may not, provide evidence through mediumship - "bring messages" - or they may convey general guidance from spiritually-evolved discarnates. This is seen less nowadays (sticking my neck out here) than used to be the case several decades ago. Mediums can also be psychics (as defined) which is fine provided that they are able to discriminate between one role and the other.

There were many who disagreed with my attempts to define these terms when I posted them widely some time ago, but no-one came up with any alternatives. Mostly folks simply repeated their beliefs about mediumship confirming that the word means very different things outside of the Modern Spiritualist environment where, largely, we'd be preaching to the choir. Very Happy

mac


Back to top Go down

Re: psychics, sensitives and mediums

Post by petal34 on Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:18 pm

Ah,I understand,I was once reprimanded for calling a Pyschic a Medium.
Embarassed

Petal

petal34


Back to top Go down

Re: psychics, sensitives and mediums

Post by mac on Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:51 pm

petal34 wrote:Ah,I understand,I was once reprimanded for calling a Pyschic a Medium.
Embarassed

Petal

I wonder if it was I who did that! Laughing Laughing

mac


Back to top Go down

Re: psychics, sensitives and mediums

Post by Admin on Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:01 am

Not a surprising error, a large number of Psychics call themselves mediums even when they give no proof of who is communicating.

Sadly too few undertsand the nuances of how they are working- contact with spirit, or alternatively picking it up direct from the person. Equally many could not be bothered with the distinction, its all good to them, they would dispute there was any problem with the mixed approach and that it was at all necessary to say who they are in contact with.

All we can do is to keep trying to improve standards. The one thing I would say is all Mediums have to be psychics it is the same faculties, therefore to be a good Medium you probably need to be able to recognise the difference and be able to say if you are working psychically.

There again I believe everyone has psychic abilities ( well in 6 years running a group only one person has disproved that theory) but there is an X factor about those who will be Mediums. Impossible to tell and of course until people step onto the development path we have no idea who may become an able Medium. Sadly it is not on our school curriculum so there may be many who could nave the gift who never ever use it.

Admin
Admin


Back to top Go down

Re: psychics, sensitives and mediums

Post by mac on Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:11 am

I expect you're right in saying that all have psychic abilities - just like all have running, painting or musical abilities.

But not all will have the attributes to develop them as fully as those who have that natural gift... Wink

mac


Back to top Go down

Re: psychics, sensitives and mediums

Post by Admin on Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:12 am

True Mac but there are some naturals without any inkling of their gifts. Just wish we could capture them. Very Happy

Admin
Admin


Back to top Go down

Re: psychics, sensitives and mediums

Post by mac on Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:00 am

Admin wrote:True Mac but there are some naturals without any inkling of their gifts. Just wish we could capture them. Very Happy

If only, Jim, if only...

mac


Back to top Go down

Re: psychics, sensitives and mediums

Post by petal34 on Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:14 am

About the only talent I have,is picking up on a person's character.
I suppose I could count myself a little in between the two.
More to pyschic than medium.
The only time I hear any voices,is as i said, between sleep and awakening.

Now I had a weird experience some time ago,hearing a voice speaking in German,then a dream followed it but you may have read about it on another site.
Actually was worrying in case i was turning 'schizo'. Shocked Very Happy

Petal

petal34


Back to top Go down

Re: psychics, sensitives and mediums

Post by mac on Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:19 am

petal34 wrote:About the only talent I have,is picking up on a person's character.
I suppose I could count myself a little in between the two.
More to pyschic than medium.
The only time I hear any voices,is as i said, between sleep and awakening.

Now I had a weird experience some time ago,hearing a voice speaking in German,then a dream followed it but you may have read about it on another site.
Actually was worrying in case i was turning 'schizo'. Shocked Very Happy

Petal

You're using psychic attributes when this happens. As for 'medium' then it would all depend on what you personally class as a medium....

As I pointed out earlier, many see psychic awareness as mediumship - TV and movies have much to do with influencing folks' thinking on this.

mac


Back to top Go down

Re: psychics, sensitives and mediums

Post by petal34 on Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:28 am

I'm no medium,Mac. I don't see spirit,if they come through to me,it is only in dreams.
The one and only time i heard them was hearing my husband's voice about a week after he passed. Plain as day in the garden,saying 'Hey Petal' (his nickname for me) Very Happy
Never heard it since then.

Wish I could.

The last message i received from him was to find a trance medium so he could speak to me.
Petal

petal34


Back to top Go down

Re: psychics, sensitives and mediums

Post by mac on Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:16 am

petal34 wrote:I'm no medium,Mac. I don't see spirit,if they come through to me,it is only in dreams.
The one and only time i heard them was hearing my husband's voice about a week after he passed. Plain as day in the garden,saying 'Hey Petal' (his nickname for me) Very Happy
Never heard it since then.

Wish I could.

The last message i received from him was to find a trance medium so he could speak to me.
Petal

It's sad that those who know about survival may not get the messages they'd be delighted to receive. Sad Guess we should just be thankful that we don't have the uncertainty, doubt and downright superstitions that many labour under? And maybe we don't actually need them so much as want them? Wink

Interesting point about dreams. Many feel they are 'in contact' in such a way - I often read their accounts elsewhere. There may never be any real certainty that it's happening in such a way but it does little harm to believe in it provided that it doesn't adversely affect one's life.

mac


Back to top Go down

Re: psychics, sensitives and mediums

Post by petal34 on Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:38 am

Not so much I believe in dreams,I always keep a doubt in me about stupid dreams.
But I do dream a few times (very lucid dreams) if anyone in the family has passed over.
These dreams appear in the form of a reunion.
Then again,it could the feeling of missing them very much.
I am always willing to listen to the other's point of view.
Very Happy
Petal

petal34


Back to top Go down

Re: psychics, sensitives and mediums

Post by mac on Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:50 am

petal34 wrote:Not so much I believe in dreams,I always keep a doubt in me about stupid dreams.
But I do dream a few times (very lucid dreams) if anyone in the family has passed over.
These dreams appear in the form of a reunion.
Then again,it could the feeling of missing them very much.
I am always willing to listen to the other's point of view.
Very Happy
Petal

I always suggest caution about dreams. They may provide clear insights into an otherwise inaccessible area but they may also be a mish-mash of thoughts, ideas, wishes, longings and general junk which is constantly churning around.... The brain is a wonderful but enigmatic device and the purposes of its dream function have yet to be identified.

I've heard others speak about 'lucid dreaming' and how they can achieve it in various ways. I haven't yet been convinced by what I've heard...

I look elsewhere for my guidance.


mac


Back to top Go down

Re: psychics, sensitives and mediums

Post by petal34 on Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:07 pm

You are very wise to think like that.
I am convinced that our dreams orignate from the sub-conscious,but sometimes spirit take advantage and pay us a visit.
Very Happy
Petal

petal34


Back to top Go down

Re: psychics, sensitives and mediums

Post by mac on Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:13 pm

petal34 wrote:You are very wise to think like that.
I am convinced that our dreams orignate from the sub-conscious,but sometimes spirit take advantage and pay us a visit.
Very Happy
Petal

You're kind but it's not wisdom.

Our unseen friends may indeed sometimes be able to 'get to see us' as you suggest but memory records imperfectly from the dreaming section of our psyche and we may imagine more than we realise.... Wink

It's natural to want things to be the way they sometimes appear but I'm a realist and won't accept without evidence - belief is not part of my make-up.

mac


Back to top Go down

Re: psychics, sensitives and mediums

Post by petal34 on Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:24 pm

I admire that you speak the truth,I prefer that to someone who 'panders' to someone else's opinion.
I do love a good discussion.
Petal

petal34


Back to top Go down

Re: psychics, sensitives and mediums

Post by mac on Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:34 pm

petal34 wrote:I admire that you speak the truth,I prefer that to someone who 'panders' to someone else's opinion.
I do love a good discussion.
Petal

thank you

I won't "pander" to someone's opinion although I respect their right to hold it.... I try not to be hurtful but at times folks do get upset when I don't 'sugar coat' my words.

And I do read what they say. They are often tripped up by it when I routinely quote what they've said - I believe in the principle that words should accurately reflect the individual's position.

If it isn't what you mean, then don't say it!

mac


Back to top Go down

Re: psychics, sensitives and mediums

Post by petal34 on Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:47 pm

That doesn't bother me one little bit,it is only if someone is deliberately rude I take offence and retaliate.
Which I shouldn't do,but having a bit of a fiery temper.................I just can't help it. Twisted Evil
Off for my lunch,good discussion,I enjoyed it,will do it again some other time.
Would be nice if we could all get some discussions going in chat.

Petal

petal34


Back to top Go down

Re: psychics, sensitives and mediums

Post by mac on Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:50 pm

petal34 wrote:That doesn't bother me one little bit,it is only if someone is deliberately rude I take offence and retaliate.
Which I shouldn't do,but having a bit of a fiery temper.................I just can't help it. Twisted Evil
Off for my lunch,good discussion,I enjoyed it,will do it again some other time.
Would be nice if we could all get some discussions going in chat.

Petal

It was my pleasure... Smile

mac


Back to top Go down

Re: psychics, sensitives and mediums

Post by petal34 on Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:29 pm

mac wrote:
petal34 wrote:That doesn't bother me one little bit,it is only if someone is deliberately rude I take offence and retaliate.
Which I shouldn't do,but having a bit of a fiery temper.................I just can't help it. Twisted Evil
Off for my lunch,good discussion,I enjoyed it,will do it again some other time.
Would be nice if we could all get some discussions going in chat.

Petal

It was my pleasure... Smile

Mine too,mind how you go........... Wink

petal34


Back to top Go down

Re: psychics, sensitives and mediums

Post by Sponsored content Today at 12:07 pm


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum