SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interesting Blog with a Conan Doyle pamphlet on Spiritualism

3 posters

Go down

Interesting Blog with a Conan Doyle pamphlet on Spiritualism Empty Interesting Blog with a Conan Doyle pamphlet on Spiritualism

Post by Admin Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:19 pm

http://mediumlionelandfriends.blogspot.com/2009/12/spiritualism.html
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Interesting Blog with a Conan Doyle pamphlet on Spiritualism Empty Re: Interesting Blog with a Conan Doyle pamphlet on Spiritualism

Post by Martin T Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:47 am

Thanks for posting this Jim - it makes for interesting reading and there remains much truth in his words. Yes it is a bit optimistic but it highlights the benefits that "famous" Spiritualists can bring. In the first part of this century, we had many prominent figures who promoted Spiritualism including Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sir Oliver Lodge and the famous journalist Hannen Swaffer to name a few. Even the Royal family made visits to mediums.

These days, the well known seem to be very thin on the ground in Spiritualism with perhaps Bill Roache (of Coronation Street) being our most famous current mainstream supporter though he is getting on (aged 77). Yes I know we also have Derek Acorah but I see him as more of a liability than an asset!

Do we have any other famous supporters you can think of?

Martin T

Back to top Go down

Interesting Blog with a Conan Doyle pamphlet on Spiritualism Empty Re: Interesting Blog with a Conan Doyle pamphlet on Spiritualism

Post by Admin Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:51 am

Sadly I can think of no one, maybe others could list a few. I do not believe that we have any major scientists either these days.

Maybe there are a few more involved in Psychic Research but never seem to commit to Spiritualism
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:49 am

Admin wrote:Sadly I can think of no one, maybe others could list a few. I do not believe that we have any major scientists either these days.

Maybe there are a few more involved in Psychic Research but never seem to commit to Spiritualism

It could be the lack of mediums willing to cooperate with scientists.

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:57 am

Not sure about that I actually think it is the lack of truly inspirational speakers and mediums currently active.

There seem to be all to few of either, clearly this is an area where the National Organisations need to show some lead if we are to create a decent level of Public Relations.

Its probably not helped by the need to shake off some of the negative imagery that is created by the often over the top TV shows and some of the TV Mediumship. Spiritualism was a movement that attracted the intelligent and we need to find a way to do that again.

Jim
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down