SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sacked police trainer appeals over his Spiritualist belief

5 posters

Go down

Sacked police trainer appeals over  his Spiritualist belief Empty Sacked police trainer appeals over his Spiritualist belief

Post by Admin Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:16 pm

All the posted stories

http://news.google.com/news/story?ncl=http://www.teletext.co.uk/regionalnews/north-west/dde53d0010db7eaa5a87e7f7a89075bd/Spiritualist%2Bruling%2Bappealed.aspx&hl=en
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Sacked police trainer appeals over  his Spiritualist belief Empty Re: Sacked police trainer appeals over his Spiritualist belief

Post by Admin Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:36 pm

Interesting it gets a full report inan Anlican Blog
http://www.anglican-mainstream.net/?p=17881
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Sacked police trainer appeals over  his Spiritualist belief Empty Re: Sacked police trainer appeals over his Spiritualist belief

Post by Martin T Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:50 pm

This is a very important ruling for Spiritualism as it gives Spiritualism recognition as a religion much in the same way that the Fraudulent Mediums Act 1951 did before its repeal recently. I understand that the BBC are following this story up and will include it on the One Show in the UK this coming Wednesday. Anything that brings Spiritualism into wider mainstream recognition can only be a positive in my book.

Martin T

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:08 pm

"Anything that brings Spiritualism into wider mainstream recognition can only be a positive in my book."

I hope reality matches aspiration...

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:53 pm

Derek Acorah is doing a good job for Spiritualism lol

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by Skye Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:32 pm

obiwan wrote:Derek Acorah is doing a good job for Spiritualism lol

Fantastic job, Obi. Laughing

Skye

Back to top Go down

Post by Martin T Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:55 pm

Yes, Derek Acorah is an exception Rolling Eyes

Martin T

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:03 pm

He even appeared on Harry Hill's TV Burp last Saturday - need we say more? Rolling Eyes

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:44 pm

That's what I am remarking on Mac. I saw what he did and I have to say I thought it was an astonishing demonstration of poor judgement and egotism, particularly after the Michael seance (sorry insult). It even irritated me and I am definitely not a Spiritualist.

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:26 pm

I'm thankful I'm not influenced or affected by such nonsense.... I guess, though, that this gentleman must be laughing all the way to the bank. Very Happy

I am a Spiritualist but I doubt there's anything to be feared from this clown of an entertainer. Razz

His was an obvious spoof yet other performances, on other occasions, involving him or others, might bring the Spiritualist movement into disrepute.

Then I may be less forgiving. Crying or Very sad

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:54 am

Speaking as an outsider, I suspect that most of the public see what Acorah does as representative of the Spiritualist movement. I recall the recent 'documentary' on the spiritualist church in London which I have to say rightly or wrongly made the participants look somewhat freaky - even the doctor. I think there is much to be feared by folks like DA - especially when access to anyone who can actually demonstrate mediumistic phenomena appears to be so difficult and inconsistent. My own experience of attending Spiritualist Churches resonates with the documentary.

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:16 am

Here we go ... Smile the latest update. Shot and foot are the words that spring to mind. I am not gloating and don't think it is amusing, for the record.

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:34 am

Thanks Obi I am glad you only used the words shot and foot. Oh by the way the reccomendations you are giving Derek Acorah suggest we are lucky that he seems to remain with you in the UK. However, if he did come over here he would probably sell tickets well.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:56 pm

Admin wrote:Thanks Obi I am glad you only used the words shot and foot. Oh by the way the reccomendations you are giving Derek Acorah suggest we are lucky that he seems to remain with you in the UK. However, if he did come over here he would probably sell tickets well.
Hi Jim! Smile Yes I chose the words carefully. Acorah has to be seen to be believed. IMHO he is a case study in cynical manipulation - if there is a spirit world he deserves his own personal poltergeist.

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:49 pm

OK he lost but it is interesting that he did create some interest in the UK HR movement as a test case which warns people of the risks of discrimination.

http://www.peoplemanagement.co.uk/pm/articles/2009/11/employers-need-to-get-wise-to-beliefs-in-climate-change-and-spiritualism-being-protected-at-work.htm
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:31 pm

Admin wrote:OK he lost but it is interesting that he did create some interest in the UK HR movement as a test case which warns people of the risks of discrimination.

http://www.peoplemanagement.co.uk/pm/articles/2009/11/employers-need-to-get-wise-to-beliefs-in-climate-change-and-spiritualism-being-protected-at-work.htm
True - unfortunately he reinforces the idea that religious people are weird. (which of course a lot of them are) lol Smile

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:33 pm

Sad Shocked Very Happy Me wierd........
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:59 pm

No you're obviously OK. Wink

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down