SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

30years ago on 17th August Elvis Seances

3 posters

Go down

30years ago on 17th August Elvis Seances Empty 30years ago on 17th August Elvis Seances

Post by Admin Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:35 am

30 years ago

On the 17th August 1979, the day after the 2nd Anniversary of his death, Shadow Record released a 50 minute Long Playing Record called The Elvis Presley Seance.
The actual event took place on the night of 24th July 1979 at a Spiritualist Church in North London in the presence of the following people; CARMEN ROGERS: A Nationally known medium, STUART COLMAN: BBC Radio 1 & Radio London DJ, THERESA CURRIE: A representative from the management of the Official Elvis Presley Fan Club, TWO SENIOR REPORTERS FROM THE SUNDAY PEOPLE: A national Sunday Newspaper, STAN JANUS: Photographer with the Sunday People, JOHN BRUNNING & PAUL HART: Musicians, HARRY SIMMONDS: Director Of Shadow Records, MARTIN BREESE: Shadow Records photographer, JANET COLMAN: Stuart Colman's wife, MICHAEL STEVENS & ASSISTANT: Recording Engineers, DAVID ROGERS: Carmen's husband,& BARRY MURRAY: Producer, Shadow Records, SHA LP 101, G.B.
30years ago on 17th August Elvis Seances Elvis_10

Elvis himself fails to speak on the album , however, Carmen Rogers assures us that Elvis spoke very clearly to her.
In 2004 the Sydney Morning Herald reviewed its top 20 “strangest albums ever made” placing the Elvis Seances at number commenting that Elvis Seances are often held on the anniversary of Elvis’s death and they hoped “they are not all as boring as this one”.
Carmen Rogers had previously received national publicity for her mediumship when, In March 1976, the weekly publication Reveille, gave her account of the most notorious murderer in British history naming him Charlie the Ripper. Her description led to Reveille asking whether this killer was really “a pasty-faced fish gutter who could not make love”.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

30years ago on 17th August Elvis Seances Empty Re: 30years ago on 17th August Elvis Seances

Post by obiwan Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:03 am

The Elvis Presley Seance - in which he doesn't speak? Shocked

obiwan

Back to top Go down

30years ago on 17th August Elvis Seances Empty Re: 30years ago on 17th August Elvis Seances

Post by zerdini Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:08 pm

obiwan wrote:The Elvis Presley Seance - in which he doesn't speak? Shocked

.......and he doesn't even sing! Laughing

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:38 pm

nor gyrate his pelvis Embarassed
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:24 am

I remember Carmen Rogers - she appeared on TV a few times - extremely unimpressive. Sad

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:31 am

I think I almost preffered her sensational Charlie teh Ripper story but she sure pulled a few in to make tthe Elvis Seance record had a feeling I would not be impressed wonder why.

Now a fully materialised Elvis in the light singing Blue Suede Shoes would have fit the bill.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:42 am

Admin wrote:I think I almost preffered her sensational Charlie teh Ripper story but she sure pulled a few in to make tthe Elvis Seance record had a feeling I would not be impressed wonder why.

Now a fully materialised Elvis in the light singing Blue Suede Shoes would have fit the bill.

Dream on! Laughing

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:59 am

You ain't nothing but a hound dog Z

30years ago on 17th August Elvis Seances 627521
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:11 am

Admin wrote:You ain't nothing but a hound dog Z

30years ago on 17th August Elvis Seances 627521

I'm 'All Shook Up' ! Laughing

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:10 am

Oh Z I hope that doesn't mean you have to have a Wooden Heart transplant
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:57 pm

Admin wrote:Oh Z I hope that doesn't mean you have to have a Wooden Heart transplant

I might wind up in the "Bosom of Abraham". Laughing

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down