SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spiritualism Has The Facts On Life - Higginson

+3
Admin
Martin T
zerdini
7 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Spiritualism Has The Facts On Life - Higginson - Page 2 Empty Re: Spiritualism Has The Facts On Life - Higginson

Post by mac Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:27 pm

As we enter the Age of Aquarius we seem to agree that Modern Spiritualism needs root and branch reform with a return to traditional values. But are we the dinosaurs of this new age? Is it the natural progression that we will also become extinct? I hope not.

One might imagine that supporting the movement as it used to be there would be a large group of discarnates without whose co-operation and direction none of it could have come about.

What of them? We can see the shortcomings of the earth side of the system but what do those helpers on the other side feel about these matters?

Does anyone have contacts who can simply ask how those 'in spirit' feel about the decline in standards of transdimensional communication? I've asked this question before and I'm asking again. The answers could be illuminating if the questions were posed in the right places.

Perhaps there are as few competent communicators 'over there' as there are over here nowadays?

It takes two to tango....

mac

Back to top Go down

Spiritualism Has The Facts On Life - Higginson - Page 2 Empty Re: Spiritualism Has The Facts On Life - Higginson

Post by obiwan Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:14 pm

Maybe someone could ask Magnus? Smile

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:31 am

obiwan wrote:Maybe someone could ask Magnus? Smile

Magnus Magnusson? Laughing Laughing

I know who you mean - does CF do Question and Answer sessions?

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by hiorta Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:02 pm

The world that Spirit made their presence known in has changed so much in so many ways, arguably because of the greater spiritual energy around.
Change is a constant, though and not always to everyones liking.

There does seem to be a great gathering of 'been here before' souls as well as many apparent newcomers, though who could see the bigger picture.

If this were so, however and as one of Spirits' declared aims was to help us to raise our personal and collective vibrations, could this be what we are darkly seeing as deterioratng mediumship?
I have heard it said that initially, spirit will come a mile to help us if we would but travel an inch towards them and this seems to have been case. Is it now up to us to find the solution to todays problem - should there be one?
It certainly seems to be also the case that a lot of what is said to be mediumship seems to be ego-driven as opposed to the selfless dedication of yesteryear, despite unjust law and public opprobrium, among other contrived obstacles.
hiorta
hiorta

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:31 pm

Good points again Hiorta I think we have to go a bit further ourselves maybe. In fact in spite of our so called increased Spiritual atitude the real evidence points to an excessive increase in material and ego driven I atitudes in development. We may be seeing an illusion of forward momentum when in fact we are slipping back and losing contact with the real value of Spirit's help.

Jim
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:01 am

"The world that Spirit made their presence known in has changed so much in so many ways, arguably because of the greater spiritual energy around."

I'm no sensitive so is this the way it feels to those who are? Is there more "spiritual energy" or just more talk about it?

I've been posting quite extensively, and for quite a time, on other website forums. From what I read there, coupled with my 'rotten-log-at-the-bottom-of a-murky-pond' level of sensitivity, mostly what I perceive is an awareness of psychic energy.

I've said elsewhere that I've engaged fruitlessly with many whose definition of mediumship is not what I have learned from our respected teachers and guides. Indeed the issue of 'guides' is a constant topic of 'debate' (actually it rarely develops into real debate) because, repeatedly, enquirers expect to be able to know and work with their 'personal guides'.

Now I'm not doubting the existence of such discarnates but I do doubt that their roles are what the enquirers expect from them. I can only guess that this notion of personal guides comes from the new age movement because I didn't learn any such notion from Spiritualist philosophy....

I read repeatedly the claims that there is an increase in spiritual awareness and activity, and reference to great events promised for 2012 for example, but I have my doubts that it's anything more than 'twittering'.

Those who frequent the Internet forums have an arena to present all their wild thoughts and aspirations but not necessarily anything more concrete than that.

Am I just an old f**t stuck in the past or am I treading carefully to avoid being smeared with psychic doo-doo I wonder?

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:25 am

Am I just an old f**t stuck in the past or am I treading carefully to avoid being smeared with psychic doo-doo I wonder?

If you are you are in good company on this forum Mac

I read repeatedly the claims that there is an increase in spiritual awareness and activity, and reference to great events promised for 2012 for example, but I have my doubts that it's anything more than 'twittering'.

I fear it is twittering, most of what I hear is a miraculous I improvement only affecting the enlightened ones not the general population. Thus at the last so caloled Ascension they sat round wearing no metal objects waiting to be lifted off this planet and "saved" in a new dimesional shift whilst the rest are left behind. A "special" subgroup so fitted to todays gimme material instant society. Of course when it did not happen for most of the men who stood up meant the lack of metal belts caused, appropriately, their trousers to fall down.

Sadly this psychic, me too, special people channeling and accepting anything cannot appreciate that their actions are not raising the Spiritual Energy of the planet. This Physical Journey is for all people as spirits not a special little so called "enlightened" sub group.

Thus we move further away from higher levels of Spirit because too many accept anything that comes even be it from their own subconscious. Without discerment it becomes hard to accept even genuine material and wiithout propre groups an training how can Spirit get those messages accross again.

Oh well we live in hope as we get smaller those of us who are concerned seem to be more drawn together

Jim
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:35 am

"Of course when it did not happen for most of the men who stood up meant the lack of metal belts caused, appropriately, their trousers to fall down."

The inescapable law of cause and effect and a highly appropriate outcome!

Smile Razz

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:45 am

"Thus we move further away from higher levels of Spirit because too many accept anything that comes even be it from their own subconscious. Without discernment it becomes hard to accept even genuine material and without proper groups and training how can Spirit get those messages across again."

And the sad thing is that many are totally convinced that they have not only a personal guide but an angel or archangel (!) with whom they converse and who guides their lives.

I knew a sweet couple who told me that their personal, discarnate trainers even told them which foods they should eat to most effectively replenish their energy levels when they got hungry! These same guys also told me they were being guided in their search for a new home after their recent marriage. Sadly their 'guides' didn't warn them that their new marriage would end in a premature, messy, expensive (for one of them) divorce.

Any wonder if I sound cynical about 'stuff'? Embarassed

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:59 am

Yes its horrific sadly from the days of "fortune tellers" who people loved to go to but never really expected magical answers they have become Psychics with a mythical magical ability to tell people what to do. People also forget rule 1 do not do it for self or relatives.

When I teach people the difference between Psychic and Medium explaining what psychics can really do ie read your aura, thoughts, dreams, hopes and history and what they cannot do ...tell you what your life means or what you should do as they are not getting mystical advice from Spirit I feel I take away peoples hope for magical solutions. No wonder that my courses start with large numbers and drop to 10-12 on most occasions. Many just wish to believe not understand the benefits from accepting reality.

Jim
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:18 am

Jim I agree with your last points totally.

Time after time my replies to those posing questions about 'readings' lead on to a total failure to even begin to discuss the aspects of auric/psychic reading which they totally mistake for mediumship.

There's an almost complete denial of the simple down-to-earth truth which comes from genuine spirit-side communicators rather than the minds of the psychic her/himself or the low-level entities who masquerade as guides and maintain contact and influence on the physical world through their unquestioning, gullible devotees.

"Many just wish to believe not understand the benefits from accepting reality." I think this is a very insightful summary - reality is just too boring for them it seems and does not have the 'magical' nature of the make-believe worlds many want to come into their lives.

More spiritual energy in this world? I think not.... Not from where I'm viewing anyway.

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:39 am

Jim, it's Monday August 24, 7.40pm here, north west USA, Pacific Time.

What date/time are you down-under?

Keith

oops - you'd gone offline before I sent Embarassed

Last edited by mac on Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:36 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : time differential)

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:02 am

Hi Mac,

We appear to be 14 hours ahead of you at the moment while you are on summer time and us winter. When we swap over it extends to 16 hours ahead.

Jim
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:51 am

I must admit I seem to read a lot of the "my guide tells me..." from people who purport to be mediums. In my, perhaps simplistic, world there is only one thing which counts and that is verifiable and properly assessed evidence. Wise words and advice have no more or less practical value if they are from a physical person than someone who is not physical unless there is some way to establish the credentials of the source of the information.

As an added thought it seems to me that it is perfectly possible for a disreputable person to give us good advice, such people often do to establish trust which may later be abused.

What disturbs me is the quality of what appears to be accepted as evidence sometimes. I suspect that in some people, there is a need to feed some kind of ''spiritual" appetite. Perhaps because it seems there is so little genuine food around, some folks will eat anything in the hope it will give them some relief. Perhaps in others the need to 'believe' overrules common sense and logic. In still others, perhaps they have never applied logical thought to arguments and simply don't understand how to go about it.

There is also another motivation: the satisfaction of ego. 'Look at me I am special'. Who hasn't felt the lure of that temptation? I know I have. Setting it aside and realising that we are all special in different ways and yet mostly all the same can be quite difficult. In the meantime the drive to be a 'medium', to be 'special' can be a subtle combination of the desire to help, the desire to be a centre of attention, the desire to be different and exotic. Whether there are genuine mediums out there or not, I do not know. I do know that the way to convince people should be by evidence alone and not personality or fancy 'spiritual' speech.

Love and light. Razz

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:27 pm

As you will understand from the discussion between Mac and I we agree entirely Obi.

When I stand up to do mediumship I have to abandon the ego and I will admit my ego does not get abandoned easily. However this is not about ego or I it is about letting your relatives contact you I am the radio however imperfect.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hiorta Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:01 pm

Great points, gentlemen.
The bottom line is that the old adage 'spirit cannot and will not lead your life for you' always applies. It seems that if any revelation/ insight that could alter that perception was being considered, it would not be given.

We have to reach the point where we become ready to receive it.
hiorta
hiorta

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:59 am

Admin wrote:As you will understand from the discussion between Mac and I we agree entirely Obi.

When I stand up to do mediumship I have to abandon the ego and I will admit my ego does not get abandoned easily. However this is not about ego or I it is about letting your relatives contact you I am the radio however imperfect.
I agree Jim. Ego can very difficult to set-aside - I am not sure why. Perhaps it is the old 'sin of pride' thing.

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:21 pm

great stuff, obi.

I couldn't have said it anywhere near so clearly and simply.

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by tmmw Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:01 pm

Very informative discussion, thanks, for it makes so much sense to me.
Lynn

tmmw

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:10 am

obiwan wrote:I must admit I seem to read a lot of the "my guide tells me..." from people who purport to be mediums. In my, perhaps simplistic, world there is only one thing which counts and that is verifiable and properly assessed evidence. Wise words and advice have no more or less practical value if they are from a physical person than someone who is not physical unless there is some way to establish the credentials of the source of the information.
................ferent and exotic. Whether there are genuine mediums out there or not, I do not know. I do know that the way to convince people should be by evidence alone and not personality or fancy 'spiritual' speech.

Love and light. Razz

You sure you're not a Spiritualist? Wink Wink Laughing Laughing Laughing

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:09 am

You sure you're not a Spiritualist?

"What's in a name? That which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet."

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:27 pm

Well I definitely don't smell like a spiritualist. Wink

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:54 am

LOL this has me worried do Spiritualists have a particular smell is this something from your personal experience you wish to share Obi. I must adimt I had never noticed it apart from in some over Incensed new age areas.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:20 am

Admin wrote:LOL this has me worried do Spiritualists have a particular smell is this something from your personal experience you wish to share Obi. I must adimt I had never noticed it apart from in some over Incensed new age areas.

Some Spiritualists get really incensed over New Age labels! Laughing

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:31 am

Arf - Jim I must admit to never having sniffed one so I withdraw the remark.

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next