Interesting Commentary on a trip to Lily Dale

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Interesting Commentary on a trip to Lily Dale

Post by Admin on Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:39 pm

This is quite interesting and thoughtful. It is useful to hear a person using discernment with readings but sad to hear that readers at such a venerable place can be so bad.

http://www.peacebang.com/2009/06/30/lily-dale-talking-to-the-dead/
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: Interesting Commentary on a trip to Lily Dale

Post by obiwan on Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:05 am

This doesn't surprise me at all and is fairly characteristic of my own experience so far - although I have not received any conclusive information from a medium so far.. Smile.

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:49 am

There is still time to get it Obi there are some good Mediums out there. Sad though to read about this at Lily Dale I would have hoped for a better experience. I wonder whether these readers are accredited Mediums for the National Spiritualist Assotiation of Churches.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini on Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:28 am

Admin wrote:This is quite interesting and thoughtful. It is useful to hear a person using discernment with readings but sad to hear that readers at such a venerable place can be so bad.

I've heard similar, and worse, in the UK.

Psychics abound but mediumship is rare. Rolling Eyes

Z

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan on Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:02 pm

Admin wrote:There is still time to get it Obi there are some good Mediums out there. Sad though to read about this at Lily Dale I would have hoped for a better experience. I wonder whether these readers are accredited Mediums for the National Spiritualist Assotiation of Churches.
dum spiro spero Smile

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini on Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:08 pm

obiwan wrote:
Admin wrote:There is still time to get it Obi there are some good Mediums out there. Sad though to read about this at Lily Dale I would have hoped for a better experience. I wonder whether these readers are accredited Mediums for the National Spiritualist Assotiation of Churches.
dum spiro spero Smile

qua illic vita illic spes

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:10 pm

zerdini wrote:
Admin wrote:This is quite interesting and thoughtful. It is useful to hear a person using discernment with readings but sad to hear that readers at such a venerable place can be so bad.

I've heard similar, and worse, in the UK.

Psychics abound but mediumship is rare. Rolling Eyes

Z

Zerdini has it in a nutshell as always. Psychics are ubiquitous, mediums are (and always have been) in short supply.

Jim - Lily Dale, though having something of a prestigious past, has sadly fallen prey to the same syndrome afflicting most other formerly distinguished venues for mediumship - that of having to put someone - anyone - on the platform (or its equivalent) in order to cater for demand. The field is now wide open to wanabees and the outright deluded, a fact that does nothing but harm to the image of Spiritualism.

The Unitarian minister's account was properly analytical and well written. If there were more like her we might stand a better chance of increasing awareness of the sorry state the movement is in.

Alan

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan on Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:40 am

zerdini wrote:
obiwan wrote:
dum spiro spero Smile

you have the advantage - I only speak a little Latin. Just enough to buy a round of drinks.

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini on Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:21 pm

obiwan wrote:
zerdini wrote:
obiwan wrote:
dum spiro spero Smile

you have the advantage - I only speak a little Latin. Just enough to buy a round of drinks.

I'll settle for that - where there's life there's hope! Laughing

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan on Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:01 am

lol go on. what does it mean?

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini on Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:46 am

obiwan wrote:lol go on. what does it mean?

"where there's life there's hope". Wink

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan on Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:42 pm

ah cool !

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:25 am

Having avoided latin, there is little I could add to any of this lol.

The only one I can think of was quo tardis which I believe has to do with Dr Who and these things viktor . That of course is Viktor. Very Happy

Actually the more I look at the balanced way that report was written the more impressed I am with it.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan on Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:19 pm

It was a balanced report. It adds to the credibility of the positive reports.

obiwan

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top