View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re:

Post by mac on Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:41 pm

so sad there are no, such, contemporary accounts... Sad

mac


Back to top Go down

Re:

Post by zerdini on Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:44 pm

mac wrote:so sad there are no, such, contemporary accounts... Sad

I find it hard to believe that in the USA with a population of over 200 million people there is not a single materialisation medium.

By the same token in the UK , with a population of more than 60 million, there is not one either.

In Australia with almost 22 million people there isn't one either.

Curiouser and curiouser!

Z

zerdini


Back to top Go down

Re:

Post by mac on Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:33 pm

zerdini wrote:
mac wrote:so sad there are no, such, contemporary accounts... Sad

I find it hard to believe that in the USA with a population of over 200 million people there is not a single materialisation medium.

By the same token in the UK , with a population of more than 60 million, there is not one either.

In Australia with almost 22 million people there isn't one either.

Curiouser and curiouser!

Z

And without, it seems, other kinds of mediums willing or able to ask why, we're up a gum tree.....

Or am I reading your observations wrong, Z? Neutral

mac


Back to top Go down

Re:

Post by zerdini on Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:48 pm

mac wrote:
zerdini wrote:
mac wrote:so sad there are no, such, contemporary accounts... Sad

I find it hard to believe that in the USA with a population of over 200 million people there is not a single materialisation medium.

By the same token in the UK , with a population of more than 60 million, there is not one either.

In Australia with almost 22 million people there isn't one either.

Curiouser and curiouser!

Z

And without, it seems, other kinds of mediums willing or able to ask why, we're up a gum tree.....

Or am I reading your observations wrong, Z? Neutral

I feel there are materialisation/direct voice mediums somewhere, Mac, but I doubt they will come forward of their own volition. I am willing to bet they are within home circles - it was ever so.

zerdini


Back to top Go down

Re:

Post by Admin on Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:53 am

Yes Z and so much of the real mental mediumship development went on in the same home circles run by dedicated Mediums for invited participants committed to improvement. Never hear of anything happening like this in aus.

Sadly I doubt if a physical medium could put together a circle of sitters in the old way they would all expect to develop. I wonder though if Spirit really want to return to that approach although the suggested "new type" of mediumship seems to nave stalled too.
avatar
Admin
Admin


Back to top Go down

Re:

Post by mac on Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:48 am

Admin wrote:Yes Z and so much of the real mental mediumship development went on in the same home circles run by dedicated Mediums for invited participants committed to improvement. Never hear of anything happening like this in aus.

Sadly I doubt if a physical medium could put together a circle of sitters in the old way they would all expect to develop. I wonder though if Spirit really want to return to that approach although the suggested "new type" of mediumship seems to nave stalled too.

"I wonder though if Spirit really want to return to that approach although the suggested "new type" of mediumship seems to nave stalled too." Reluctantly on several occasions recently I've posted in much the same vein, Jim....

I have the distinct feeling that the movement which became Modern Spiritualism has served its purpose or simply failed to achieve what was hoped for it at the beginning of the exercise.

In time it may be that something new will emerge but when I look around at the world in its present state, I see no likelihood that spiritual teaching of the sort we still discuss could have any significant impact on its population - its vast over-population one might say....

On a slightly different tack, it has become very obvious to me that the word 'Spiritualist' is pretty indistinguishable to others from personal 'spirituality' (however that is defined). Over the past many months I've needed to point this out in other forums, on many occasions. Although it won't help much, perhaps this is a good reason to continue with the use of the capital 'S' at the beginning of Spiritualism and Spiritualist?


In these other forums contributors are posting all manner of psychic (and occasionally spiritual) topics in the 'Spiritualism' thread but have no understanding why they do not belong there. Topics which have little to do with Spiritualism.

Additionally, poor standards of literacy make it a struggle for them to communicate effectively. I realise how this sounds but I'm getting really fed-up of reading badly constructed postings, dreadful grammar and awful spelling.

grumble, grumble, grumble....

mac


Back to top Go down

Re:

Post by Admin on Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:16 am

grumble grumble well put Mac

BUT WE ARE SPIRITUALISTS and we stand for what we say we are however few there seem to be of us (sorry I shouted but it was said with feeling).

It is very hard to get the message accross and you get so much ill will from many so called "spiritualists" when you insist on a purist approach which is also based on the truth.

I still think, naive as I am, change is coming hang in there.

Jim Suspect
avatar
Admin
Admin


Back to top Go down

Re:

Post by mac on Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:26 pm

Admin wrote:grumble grumble well put Mac

BUT WE ARE SPIRITUALISTS and we stand for what we say we are however few there seem to be of us (sorry I shouted but it was said with feeling).

It is very hard to get the message accross and you get so much ill will from many so called "spiritualists" when you insist on a purist approach which is also based on the truth.

I still think, naive as I am, change is coming hang in there.

Jim Suspect

I hope you are right about change coming, Jim... Neutral I don't like being wrong about things but I'd like to be wrong in my feeling about Spiritualism. Crying or Very sad

I remain as staunch an adherent to its philosophy and teachings as I ever was, however, so that's got to be a positive. It gets very wearing, though, when I am in a tiny minority - we are in a tiny minority - just trying to stick with it all in the face of such deep ignorance.

Nothing new there eh...? Wink Laughing

mac


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum