SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Health requirements in circles

3 posters

Go down

Health requirements in circles Empty Health requirements in circles

Post by Guest Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:12 am

Hello folks there is a controversy being discussed in the comments page run by the Rev Ray Jones in The Psychic World news paper. Ray states that no-one with medical conditions and afflictions of any kind should sit in any development circle other than a healing circle. I refute that and have e-mailed him with this reply and await his answer

Dear Ray Good day to you from bonnie Scotland I have read your article about vetting sitters or participants in a circle or séance and warning bells begin to ring . Do you realise you may have openly contravened the disabled persons act and possible the consumers protection act as well. When anyone sits for spirit in any shape or form where there is trust nothing untoward can happen to them. If some-thing unusual happens like some-one going into a deep altered state then it is a learning curve for all including the communicators from spirit. When a rescue occurs this is the same we know spirit can look after their own however a rescue is also a learning curve for the recipient the sitters and the communicators. I am testament to what I say I had a faulty hip replacement replaced in a six hour operation having the old hip removed and another put in. This aggravated another weeping wound condition I have in my legs .Four weeks later I sat in our home group in the cabinet and I explained the situation to the sitters about my aliments and at that time I had also a severe cold. We all agreed to sit and to let things take its course. The evening turned out to be one of the best we have had with one of the sitters seeing a touching her father who had trance-formed over the top of me. The only difference to the evening to any other I only sat for an hour we usually sit a little longer. There is only one condition I would look closer at is when I have proof positive from a doctor a person is unbalanced any other should not even be considered. L&L Jock

Please leave your comments and thoughts L&L Jock

Back to top Go down

Health requirements in circles Empty Re: Health requirements in circles

Post by Admin Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:37 pm

Hi Jock,

Seems Ray Jones has struck again with all his usual vigour. I have a history of challenging him and his amazing claims about what he has achieved in the past. No one with any medical condition that is rubbish many mediums have suffered illnesses so Lis has no Thyroid which is a medical condition does that mean she should not work.

Unfortunately from my past dealings with Ray and his claims from the Aura to Kirlian Photography accross many other areas including no need for Healer certification I feel he is a man willing to make claims he can't substantiate.

As he and Victor Zammit write for Psychic World I won't go near it especially after Ray Taylor allowed the obnoxious attacks on Simon Forsyth and the editor of Psychic News. Shame really a good friend of ours Marilyn Awtry is a regular contributor and another friend Gordon Ray has had articles published in it.

Jim
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:52 pm

I feel he has went too far this time also there plans afoot to redress the balance in the paper which I do subscribe to. I do not entirley place the blame at Ray Taylors door I feel he was and is caught up by events. Any way we can only wait to see how this all pans out L&L Jock

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:41 am

I agree he went to far this time but he has done so before in that paper with his attack about certification as well, especially if you understand his underlying issues and "problem" with the SNU (after he quit to become an NSAC Rev which, may I say, I understand he is no longer and has no inherent right to call himself a Rev.).

As to Ray well he is owner and editor therefore entirely responsible for the words published.

Jim
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:01 am

Admin wrote:I agree he went to far this time but he has done so before in that paper with his attack about certification as well, especially if you understand his underlying issues and "problem" with the SNU (after he quit to become an NSAC Rev which, may I say, I understand he is no longer and has no inherent right to call himself a Rev.).

As to Ray well he is owner and editor therefore entirely responsible for the words published.

Jim

I was about to say the same thing, Jim!

Ray Taylor is wholly and solely responsible for everything that appears in his rag bag of a so-called newspaper.

I remember Ray Jones when he first appeared at Stansted and was studying for one of their courses. He showed me one of his papers (wot he wrote!) and asked for my opinion.

I gave it and never heard from him again. I later discovered he had become a pastor of a church in the USA.

His views are as worthless as Zammits'.

Z

Last edited by zerdini on Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:42 am

I can concurr what you say Ray Jones visa expired and had to leave the USA in the US a spiritualist Minister or Paster must have a diploma from the Morris Pratt Institute. L&L Jock

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:39 pm

merlin wrote:I can concurr what you say Ray Jones visa expired and had to leave the USA in the US a spiritualist Minister or Paster must have a diploma from the Morris Pratt Institute. L&L Jock

Interesting about the visa expiry - presumably a work visa?

I wasn't aware that Spiritualist ministers were officially recognised over here for employment visas. I didn't think the situation was like that of the UK where Spiritualism is a registered religion.

Can you enlarge on this Morris Pratt Institute and its diploma please?

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:39 pm

Can you enlarge on this Morris Pratt Institute and its diploma please?

The Morris Pratt Institute is the primary educational facility serving the National Spiritualist Association of Churches.

It dates to the 1890s when popular Spiritualist minister/lecturer Moses Hull envisioned a training school to pass along the teachings of Spiritualism to a new generation, many of the first generation of Spiritualist leaders having already passed from the scene.
He opened such a school in Ohio soon after the founding of the National Spiritualist Association (NSA) in 1893, but it survived only a few years.

In 1901, Morris Pratt offered the mansion he had constructed at Whitewater, Wisconsin, to the NSA as a place to house a training school like the one Hull had begun.
The large mansion seemed ideal; it had one room that could seat 400 people.
However, the still-youthful NSA declined the offer, unable to see itself clear financially to manage the property. Pratt went ahead and incorporated the Morris Pratt Institute but died the following year before a school could be organized.

Moses Hull picked up the vision in 1903 and organized the new school with himself, his wife and his daughter as the faculty.
A few years later, the NSA organized a Bureau of Education. Through the person of Thomas Grimshaw, who succeeded Hull as president of the institute, the two organizations cooperated in the preparation of a course of study consisting of two parts: a general course on the "History, Philosophy, and Religion of Modern Spiritualism," and an advanced course on "Spiritualism, Philosophy, Mediumship, and comparative Religion," the latter completed by Victoria Barnes following Grimshaw's death.

The institute had a shaky history through much of the twentieth century.
It closed during the Great Depression, reopened in 1935 but soon closed again. In 1946 the Whitewater property was closed and a new building to house the institute constructed in Wauwatosa, a Milwaukee suburb.

In 1977 the building went through a complete renovation and rededication.

The institute eventually merged into the NSA and is now its Educational Bureau. The institute is currently located at 111811 Waterplank Rd, Milwaukee, WI 53226-3340. Its website is at:

http://www.morrispratt.org/.

Z

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:52 pm

thanks, Z

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:09 pm

Hi Mac,

Although the course has changed since she was involved my friend Marilyn, mentioned above wrote one half of a version of the course.

Rev Anne Gehman who came to visit us was the prime mover in establishing another educational establishment they have, The Centre Of Spiritualists Studies which is accredited to issue formal degrees by NY State.

http://www.centerforspiritualiststudies.org/

Rev Ray Jones is interesting, an NSAC church needed a Pastor and Ray wanted the job. A then friend of his helped him to jump the water. In becoming an NSAC minister one of the rules is you give up any qualifications in another Spiritualist Organisation. Also if you cease to actively be involved in running an NSAC church or leave membership of the NSAC your Rev ceases.

The shame is that the SNU are forming an International organisation breaking into the USA rather than forming an Alliance. Some of the SNU churches over there are into some pretty odd areas like the Portland one.

Cheers

Jim
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:14 pm

thanks, Jim. Interesting stuff...

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:26 pm

I may be wrong but I don't believe Ray Jones was ever an SNU Minister.

Z

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:31 pm

Hi Z,

His resume has him studying but not achieving the first ever course run by the SNU. It is an interesting resume as are his claims on auras and Kirlian photography (where he says he is the first to bring this to the West a claim repeated in Robert Egby's now defunct Parapsychology Journal). At the time the two Canadian Researchers worked with the Russians to bring Kirlian over his resume shows it would have been unlikely that he could have had a relationship with a Russian Science Project from his job in Manchester.

However it is a good story he tells.

Cheers

Jim
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zerdini Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:26 am

Admin wrote:Hi Z,

His resume has him studying but not achieving the first ever course run by the SNU. It is an interesting resume as are his claims on auras and Kirlian photography (where he says he is the first to bring this to the West a claim repeated in Robert Egby's now defunct Parapsychology Journal). At the time the two Canadian Researchers worked with the Russians to bring Kirlian over his resume shows it would have been unlikely that he could have had a relationship with a Russian Science Project from his job in Manchester.

However it is a good story he tells.

Cheers

Jim

Hi Jim

It brings to mind the saying attributed to Abraham Lincoln:

"You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time."

Z

zerdini

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down