Letter to Psychic News

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Letter to Psychic News

Post by COSC2014 on Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:35 am

Lets see how fair Roy Stemman really is and if he publishes the email below, of course if he fails to print it, it clearly show his bias toward Physical Mediumship for which, whatever he says, he is well known for, of course anyone that shows bias in his or any other position CANNOT be seen as a credible witness or source of information, as we all know, credibility means everything! †


Dear Editor,

First of all let me congratulate you on your TRUTH campaign, its about time that physical Mediumship was regulated in some way.

I am not sure you are aware, but in 2014 The Circle of The Silver Cord started to experiment with thermal imaging cameras, of which the previous editor of PN Sue Farrow and the late Eric Hatton had been shown some of the results, unfortunately due to relocation to New Zealand and the logistical difficulties of sitting in a home circle we have had to suspend the experimentation for the time being.

I would also like to point out to you an error in the article published in October 2016 issue, Debbie Brozicevic-Mewes of the AAS in Queensland inaccurately stated that I had "demanded" the removal of cameras, I clearly stated to her that I was not willing to be exposed to infrared cameras and at NO time was I given the option to be filmed with thermal imaging cameras, please see below part of my email to her and her response in regards to the camera:

David Thompson:

Once we have confirmed I will send you the seance protocol forms, I noticed also on your website, that you mention camera`s in the seance room please can you confirm these can be removed? We have been experimenting with thermal imagining cameras but this is only to be done in the home circle under the spirit worlds direction.


Debbie B-Mewes response
:

The camera is not on in the room only when we need it IE: C**s H*****h etc.
I have precluded the persons name as I dont feel it is far to mention them.


In relation to the 10 complaints, its fair to say I conducted 3 seances at her home/centre in Queensland that †accommodated approximately 25 people per seance making a total of 75 people present, it seems 65 people were happy with what took place!

As I am sure you are aware, I have worked closely with the Banyan Retreat and have done so for many years now, and will continue to support their forward thinking and upholding of standards in all forms of mediumship.

I have resisted making comments in relation to what has taken place over the past few months only due to the pack mentality I have witnessed by supposed "Spiritual" people, it saddens me to say, once I was a proud Spiritualist, only now to proclaim that I am †not a Spiritualist, due to the nonspiritual behavior I have seen over the many years I have worked as a medium, maybe we should also look at why so many great mediums of the past walked away from Spiritualism? Spiritualism has certainly lost it way in many areas of mediumship and spiritual unfoldment, alas Spiritualism does not hold the monopoly on life after death or communication with the so called dead.

I am sure there will be the usual individuals who will have more than enough to say if you kindly publish my letter, and of course I will not be entering into any form of communication with these armchair warriors, for I am answerable to only one person and that is my own spirit that one day will be seen in its fully glory and truth when I enter into the spirit world.


Last edited by Lis on Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:35 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I have edited this post to the extent of correcting the heading from Psychic New to Psychic News to make the purpose of the thread clearer. No other part of David Thompson's post has been edited or altered.)
avatar
COSC2014


Back to top Go down

Re: Letter to Psychic News

Post by Deb on Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:11 am

Hi COSC 2104

Just a point to clarify as I feel this is a little mis-understood. At the time of organising Mr Thompson to conduct sťances here we hoped he would have cameras on but didn't have a Code of Conduct statement that stated that this was a fixed rule. We did have the discussion of cameras before he came and he didnít like the fact that we had cameras. I told him itís in the room and we only turn it on when needed ie: a UK medium was happy to have it on (thatís a whole other story)  The demanding came about when he arrived and inspected the sťance room the camera is positioned high up in the room and it was unplugged and not in action as I explained to him. It was then he demanded the removal of it. So someone had to climb up and get it down, it was wrapped up and placed in my office by someone. Just to clarify that point. It was as a result of Mr Thompsons visit that it is now a blanket rule to have cameras on in all Physical Sťances that involve the public paying.

Also there is mention about the odds of only 10 complaints out the the 3 sťances. Stating that the odds were pretty good. This is the 10 that were brave enough or angry enough to come forward with a formal complaint there are actually more, and if required to contact the attendees to gather their impressions I am sure I could also provide them.

I am incredibly happy to see Mr Thompson conducting sťances at Banyan Retreat still and hope that they also uphold their agreement to use suitable cameras. I will watch with interest to see the outcome of this and hope to see some favourable results for Physical Mediumship and Mr Thompson.

Deb


Back to top Go down

Re: Letter to Psychic News

Post by Lis on Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:35 am

If, as David Thompson has suggested in his letter to Psychic News, The Circle of the Silver Cord started experimenting with thermal imaging cameras in 2014, two important thoughts come to mind.

First, if this is the case, then David Thompson has already proved that thermal imaging is not dangerous to physical mediums and so can reassure all other physical mediums to feel confident to be tested in this way.

Second, if thermal imaging cameras have been used, even if this is not currently possible due to David Thompson's move to New Zealand, there must be in existence a film record of the sťances held when thermal imaging cameras were used. David only needs to release the said film to prove the veracity of his remarks and of his mediumship. Something I am sure all would love to see happen.

Lis
Admin


Back to top Go down

Re: Letter to Psychic News

Post by Admin on Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:38 am

Deb wrote:Hi COSC 2104

Just a point to clarify as I feel this is a little mis-understood. †At the time of organising Mr Thompson to conduct sťances here we hoped he would have cameras on but didn't have a Code of Conduct statement that stated that this was a fixed rule. †We did have the discussion of cameras before he came and he didnít like the fact that we had cameras. †I told him itís in the room and we only turn it on when needed ie: a UK medium was happy to have it on (thatís a whole other story)  †The demanding came about when he arrived and inspected the sťance room the camera is positioned high up in the room and it was unplugged and not in action as I explained to him. † It was then he demanded the removal of it. †So someone had to climb up and get it down, it was wrapped up and placed in my office by someone. Just to clarify that point. †It was as a result of Mr Thompsons visit that it is now a blanket rule to have cameras on in all Physical Sťances that involve the public paying.

Also there is mention about the odds of only 10 complaints out the the 3 sťances. Stating that the odds were pretty good. †This is the 10 that were brave enough or angry enough to come forward with a formal complaint there are actually more, and if required to contact the attendees to gather their impressions I am sure I could also provide them.

I am incredibly happy to see Mr Thompson conducting sťances at Banyan Retreat still and hope that they also uphold their agreement to use suitable cameras. †I will watch with interest to see the outcome of this and hope to see some favourable results for Physical Mediumship and Mr Thompson.

Thank you very much Deb I think that clarified and dealt with all the points that David has raised. I must admit 10 complainants seems a very high number even if its from 3 seances. I have heard from other seances that some people were unhappy but never in those numbers. However, most of those we hear from, when questioned why they have never said anything, seem to remain silent because they are scared in some way, of what I do not know. Surely David would not seek to use the form they signed to prevent people raising genuine queries, or would try to denigrate or undermine their claims. As far as I can see this is the other side of the coin, when seances are in the dark and people are unhappy with the events. Part of developing mediumship must be to seek feedback.

I think your protocols are excellent and very fair to the mediums I also realise how supportive you would always try to be towards your visitors and their work.
avatar
Admin
Admin


Back to top Go down

Re: Letter to Psychic News

Post by Admin on Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:38 am

Lis wrote:If, as David Thompson has suggested in his letter to Psychic News, The Circle of the Silver Cord started experimenting with thermal imaging cameras in 2014, two important thoughts come to mind.

First, if this is the case, then David Thompson has already proved that thermal imaging is not dangerous to physical mediums and so can reassure all other physical mediums to feel confident to be tested in this way.

Second, if thermal imaging cameras have been used, even if this is not currently possible due to David Thompson's move to New Zealand, there must be in existence a film record of the sťances held when thermal imaging cameras were used. David only needs to release the said film to prove the veracity of his remarks and of his mediumship. Something I am sure all would love to see happen.

Absolutely Lis great points.
avatar
Admin
Admin


Back to top Go down

Re: Letter to Psychic News

Post by Lis on Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:55 am

I must admit I am curious as to what David Thompson means by "the logistical difficulties of sitting in a home circle" somehow interfering with continuing the thermographic imaging experiments.

Lis
Admin


Back to top Go down

Re: Letter to Psychic News

Post by Admin on Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:31 am

Interesting opening point you made David
"Lets see how fair Roy Stemman really is and if he publishes the email below, of course if he fails to print it, it clearly show his bias toward Physical Mediumship for which, whatever he says, he is well known for, of course anyone that shows bias in his or any other position CANNOT be seen as a credible witness or source of information, as we all know, credibility means everything!"

I would like to know how you justify Roy's bias as it is clear he is knowledgeable about physical mediumship and has attended many seances. Are you sure you are not biased because he commented on a figure walking over his feet, in trainers, during a seance he sat in with you when you were the only one wearing shoes. Surely a fair comment; I suppose if he had a bias maybe its from attending seances with events such as that, which do raise questions?

I am not sure that you can state a bias without giving evidence to back your words. I suspect Roy would give you a good answer to this claim.

Then you state that anyone with a bias cannot be a credible witness, a two edged sword for your argument. We must, therefore, based on your own words, dismiss anyone with a pre disposition to physical mediumship. Let us pass it over to open minded people with no pre-disposition either way, who are not known to the medium in a safe secure but neutral environment using thermography.
avatar
Admin
Admin


Back to top Go down

Re: Letter to Psychic News

Post by Admin on Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:38 am

Just to ensure this post remains on this thread for posterity

COSC2014 wrote:Lets see how fair Roy Stemman really is and if he publishes the email below, of course if he fails to print it, it clearly show his bias toward Physical Mediumship for which, whatever he says, he is well known for, of course anyone that shows bias in his or any other position CANNOT be seen as a credible witness or source of information, as we all know, credibility means everything! †


Dear Editor,

First of all let me congratulate you on your TRUTH campaign, its about time that physical Mediumship was regulated in some way.

I am not sure you are aware, but in 2014 The Circle of The Silver Cord started to experiment with thermal imaging cameras, of which the previous editor of PN Sue Farrow and the late Eric Hatton had been shown some of the results, unfortunately due to relocation to New Zealand and the logistical difficulties of sitting in a home circle we have had to suspend the experimentation for the time being.

I would also like to point out to you an error in the article published in October 2016 issue, Debbie Brozicevic-Mewes of the AAS in Queensland inaccurately stated that I had "demanded" the removal of cameras, I clearly stated to her that I was not willing to be exposed to infrared cameras and at NO time was I given the option to be filmed with thermal imaging cameras, please see below part of my email to her and her response in regards to the camera:

David Thompson:

Once we have confirmed I will send you the seance protocol forms, I noticed also on your website, that you mention camera`s in the seance room please can you confirm these can be removed? We have been experimenting with thermal imagining cameras but this is only to be done in the home circle under the spirit worlds direction.


Debbie B-Mewes response
:

The camera is not on in the room only when we need it IE: C**s H*****h etc.
I have precluded the persons name as I dont feel it is far to mention them.


In relation to the 10 complaints, its fair to say I conducted 3 seances at her home/centre in Queensland that †accommodated approximately 25 people per seance making a total of 75 people present, it seems 65 people were happy with what took place!

As I am sure you are aware, I have worked closely with the Banyan Retreat and have done so for many years now, and will continue to support their forward thinking and upholding of standards in all forms of mediumship.

I have resisted making comments in relation to what has taken place over the past few months only due to the pack mentality I have witnessed by supposed "Spiritual" people, it saddens me to say, once I was a proud Spiritualist, only now to proclaim that I am †not a Spiritualist, due to the nonspiritual behavior I have seen over the many years I have worked as a medium, maybe we should also look at why so many great mediums of the past walked away from Spiritualism? Spiritualism has certainly lost it way in many areas of mediumship and spiritual unfoldment, alas Spiritualism does not hold the monopoly on life after death or communication with the so called dead.

I am sure there will be the usual individuals who will have more than enough to say if you kindly publish my letter, and of course I will not be entering into any form of communication with these armchair warriors, for I am answerable to only one person and that is my own spirit that one day will be seen in its fully glory and truth when I enter into the spirit world.
avatar
Admin
Admin


Back to top Go down

Re: Letter to Psychic News

Post by mac on Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:44 am

good point, Jim

On occasion some postings have been known to get deleted later by their writers.....

mac


Back to top Go down

Re: Letter to Psychic News

Post by COSC2014 on Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:14 pm

Deb wrote:Hi COSC 2104

Just a point to clarify as I feel this is a little mis-understood. †At the time of organising Mr Thompson to conduct sťances here we hoped he would have cameras on but didn't have a Code of Conduct statement that stated that this was a fixed rule. †We did have the discussion of cameras before he came and he didnít like the fact that we had cameras. †I told him itís in the room and we only turn it on when needed ie: a UK medium was happy to have it on (thatís a whole other story)  †The demanding came about when he arrived and inspected the sťance room the camera is positioned high up in the room and it was unplugged and not in action as I explained to him. † It was then he demanded the removal of it. †So someone had to climb up and get it down, it was wrapped up and placed in my office by someone. Just to clarify that point. †It was as a result of Mr Thompsons visit that it is now a blanket rule to have cameras on in all Physical Sťances that involve the public paying.

Also there is mention about the odds of only 10 complaints out the the 3 sťances. Stating that the odds were pretty good. †This is the 10 that were brave enough or angry enough to come forward with a formal complaint there are actually more, and if required to contact the attendees to gather their impressions I am sure I could also provide them.

I am incredibly happy to see Mr Thompson conducting sťances at Banyan Retreat still and hope that they also uphold their agreement to use suitable cameras. †I will watch with interest to see the outcome of this and hope to see some favourable results for Physical Mediumship and Mr Thompson.


Hi Deb,

Both you and I know that is not true! but if that is your version of events, well you keep believing it! Very Happy
avatar
COSC2014


Back to top Go down

Re: Letter to Psychic News

Post by Deb on Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:43 pm

Hi David,

I am not sure to which incident you are referring to as untrue. The discussion on cameras before you came is true as we both have emails identifying that. The walking into the sťance room, looking for and noticing the unplugged camera on top of the giant Indian cupboard, and the requiring (lets not say demanding) that is be taken down and removed entirely from the room. Luckily for me it was not just Anil, yourself and I in the cottage at that time to verify this. But staff in the office where it was placed and another in the room inspecting it with us. Or the 10 complaints of which I can produce if needed. Or the part where I will be watching with interest as to the results of cameras at Banyan. All of the above are true.

Deb


Back to top Go down

Re: Letter to Psychic News

Post by Lis on Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:04 pm

I have no doubt that what Deb has stated is quite true. As a responsible and ethical organiser of events at her property, and as the president of the AAS, she has shown herself to be a person of integrity and dedication to the truth in all aspects of mediumship.

Lis
Admin


Back to top Go down

Re: Letter to Psychic News

Post by COSC2014 on Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:22 pm

Deb wrote:Hi David,

I am not sure to which incident you are referring to as untrue. †The discussion on cameras before you came is true as we both have emails identifying that. †The walking into the sťance room, looking for and noticing the unplugged camera on top of the giant Indian cupboard, and the requiring (lets not say demanding) that is be taken down and removed entirely from the room. †Luckily for me it was not just Anil, yourself and I in the cottage at that time to verify this. †But staff in the office where it was placed and another in the room inspecting it with us. †Or the 10 complaints of which I can produce if needed. †Or the part where I will be watching with interest as to the results of cameras at Banyan. †All of the above are true.


Hi Deb,

I refer to the part of me "Demanding" that is untrue, yes I did ask for them to be removed, but I did not demand, thats what I have a problem with, because it can be seen to infer that I have something to hide, which of course I dont, in regards to the 10 reports if you feel you wish to make them public that is your decision, but I also have a copy of the communication that was sent to you by a well known Queensland Medium who you approached and †who attended the same seances and has a completely different take on things.

In regards to you watching what happens at Banyan, well they are public demonstrations so you are entitled to watch as you wish, as I and others will be in regards to the Helen DaVita events and what comes from them, as they are advertised as Physical Mediumship & Experimental Trance at an advanced level, "The perfect course for anyone interested in physical Mediumship or trance to an advanced level, and looking to further develop their ability" I am sure we will not be disappointed and look forward to the result your thermal Imaging camera will bring.
avatar
COSC2014


Back to top Go down

Re: Letter to Psychic News

Post by Deb on Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:32 pm

Sure David,

maybe it was just your manner that I interpreted as demanding so I apologise for that, perhaps explicitly requiring it be removed from the room, might be better.

I am also aware you had great supporters there including Sunny and his friends so I am sure they are happy to provide you glowing reports. The complaints however have come from neutral parties and that in itself can say something.

As for Helen's visit she is here to teach a class and as you are probably aware and also in agreement as a tutor yourself, that the students work in class captured on camera is not of public interest or should it be. If Helen decides to do another transfiguration demonstration we will have cameras on and if it is a public event (much like your sťances) then this footage will be available. At this stage we have not planned one for this visit.

Deb


Back to top Go down

Re: Letter to Psychic News

Post by Lis on Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:40 pm

David says he has a problem with the word "Demanding" and suggests he only 'asked' for the camera to be removed, even though it was unplugged and therefore quite unable to impact in any way on his sťance activities.

May I ask whether David would have gone ahead with the sťances had the camera not been removed?

In other words, was the removal of the camera, even though it was inoperative, a condition of the sťances going ahead? If so, why?

Lis
Admin


Back to top Go down

Re: Letter to Psychic News

Post by Lis on Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:51 pm

It seems to me, that whenever physical sťances are held, especially when they are dark sťances, there will be people who have attended who will more than happy with what occurred during the event, especially when they are avid supporters of physical mediumship and the particular medium involved in the sťances. But, it is also quite common to find that not all who attend such events are as happy with what took place, or who have, in their opinion, observed or experienced something during the event/s that gives rise for concern in their minds.

Often such concerns, because of the very nature of the event, held in darkness as they are, though very real to those who have been concerned, are matters that the people feel unable to talk about publicly because they cannot prove what they believe they have seen or experienced.

When, however, numerous people experience having their feet trodden on or perceive other troubling aspects of a sťance, it is much harder to claim that their concerns can be dismissed or explained away as a misperception of what was actually a demonstration of the presence of spirit.

To my knowledge, never in the history of physical mediumship, and especially materialisation mediumship, has it ever before been suggested that people experiencing their feet being trodden on was a means of spirit making their presence felt.

Lis
Admin


Back to top Go down

Re: Letter to Psychic News

Post by COSC2014 on Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:56 pm

Lis wrote:David says he has a problem with the word "Demanding" and suggests he only 'asked' for the camera to be removed, even though it was unplugged and therefore quite unable to impact in any way on his sťance activities.

May I ask whether David would have gone ahead with the sťances had the camera not been removed?

In other words, was the removal of the camera, even though it was inoperative, a condition of the sťances going ahead? If so, why?


Liz, you will never know, because your question is now hypothetical! Very Happy
avatar
COSC2014


Back to top Go down

Re: Letter to Psychic News

Post by COSC2014 on Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:00 pm

Lis wrote:It seems to me, that whenever physical sťances are held, especially when they are dark sťances, there will be people who have attended who will more than happy with what occurred during the event, especially when they are avid supporters of physical mediumship and the particular medium involved in the sťances. But, it is also quite common to find that not all who attend such events are as happy with what took place, or who have, in their opinion, observed or experienced something during the event/s that gives rise for concern in their minds.

Often such concerns, because of the very nature of the event, held in darkness as they are, though very real to those who have been concerned, are matters that the people feel unable to talk about publicly because they cannot prove what they believe they have seen or experienced.

When, however, numerous people experience having their feet trodden on or perceive other troubling aspects of a sťance, it is much harder to claim that their concerns can be dismissed or explained away as a misperception of what was actually a demonstration of the presence of spirit.

To my knowledge, never in the history of physical mediumship, and especially materialisation mediumship, has it ever before been suggested that people experiencing their feet being trodden on was a means of spirit making their presence felt.


Liz, you seem to be an authority and Expert on Physical Mediumship, please tell us why you think these things happen, Oh! how many seances have you sat in and with what mediums?
avatar
COSC2014


Back to top Go down

Re: Letter to Psychic News

Post by COSC2014 on Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:01 pm

mac wrote:good point, Jim †

On occasion some postings have been known to get deleted later by their writers.....

Yep! good point Jim, big slap on the back!
avatar
COSC2014


Back to top Go down

Re: Letter to Psychic News

Post by Lis on Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:05 pm

Actually, on reading David Thompson's post that began this thread, I find myself quite intrigued by his remark:

"In relation to the 10 complaints, its fair to say I conducted 3 seances at her home/centre in Queensland that accommodated approximately 25 people per seance making a total of 75 people present, it seems 65 people were happy with what took place!"

I presume that David is in this remark suggesting that since only 10 complained, that is approximately 13% of the people who attended, he can safely assume the other 87% of the people were happy however, this I fear may be an unwarranted assumption. Certainly, he may have received positive feedback from some of the people in that 87% of attendees, but I am sure he has not received positive feedback from all of that group of attendees.

On the other hand, it is clear from what Deb has written that there are others, beyond the 10 who made formal complaints, who were also unhappy to some extent about what they had experienced, but for one reason or another have not, at this stage, chosen to formalise their concerns.

Be that as it may, to have 10 people feel strongly enough to make a formal complaint is surely a significant fact that should not be carelessly dismissed.

Lis
Admin


Back to top Go down

Re: Letter to Psychic News

Post by Admin on Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:09 pm

Well said Deb I agree with you. Cameras and teaching do not go well. I think your points have been well made, covering all that is needed to deal with Davids comments.

Lis has also just said something important, "there will be people who have attended who will more than happy with what occurred". Normally, after a seance with David, it is their voices alone which are heard, often as Deb has written, they are convinced fans of David, so it would not be expected they would see a problem, or even be willing to recognise one. Indeed we know well that to raise issues can result in a ban from future Seances (indeed if reported on PM4U any physical mediumship seances, one member left this forum because of that direct threat, I still have his Private Message), or from words heard, more direct condemnation, maybe David could enlighten me about that, for example, the Adelaide Lady who screamed when hit by a trumpet and was treated rather badly.

There are many websites trumpeting the wonders of COSC but tracking and reporting the other issues that recur throughout the last 10 years has been difficult, for whatever reasons too many remain silent. For the sake of truth and fairness the other people must be given a voice. Surely for Spirit and the true reputation of the medium and his circle they should insist that all points of view are expressed in an open way encouraging discussion.

I congratulate Deb for giving voice for the 10 people over 13% of attendants, well beyond the normal 1 or 2 people a Seance. Indeed as Lis has pointed out, Deb has indicated there may well be more, although these would naturally exclude those who regularly attend Davids Seances. A high level such as this is especially surprising when the attendees are so carefully selected from the forms filled in advance and "undesireables" (defined by who, factually normally by COSC) weeded out.


Last edited by Admin on Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:10 am; edited 3 times in total
avatar
Admin
Admin


Back to top Go down

Re: Letter to Psychic News

Post by Lis on Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:09 pm

COSC2014 wrote:
Lis wrote:David says he has a problem with the word "Demanding" and suggests he only 'asked' for the camera to be removed, even though it was unplugged and therefore quite unable to impact in any way on his sťance activities.

May I ask whether David would have gone ahead with the sťances had the camera not been removed?

In other words, was the removal of the camera, even though it was inoperative, a condition of the sťances going ahead? If so, why?


Liz, you will never know, because your question is now hypothetical! Very Happy

What utter rubbish David. The question applies to an actual event which has taken place. Either you would have continued with the sťances if the camera was not removed, or you would not have. So which was it David?

Lis
Admin


Back to top Go down

Re: Letter to Psychic News

Post by Admin on Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:14 pm

COSC2014 wrote:
Lis wrote:It seems to me, that whenever physical sťances are held, especially when they are dark sťances, there will be people who have attended who will more than happy with what occurred during the event, especially when they are avid supporters of physical mediumship and the particular medium involved in the sťances. But, it is also quite common to find that not all who attend such events are as happy with what took place, or who have, in their opinion, observed or experienced something during the event/s that gives rise for concern in their minds.

Often such concerns, because of the very nature of the event, held in darkness as they are, though very real to those who have been concerned, are matters that the people feel unable to talk about publicly because they cannot prove what they believe they have seen or experienced.

When, however, numerous people experience having their feet trodden on or perceive other troubling aspects of a sťance, it is much harder to claim that their concerns can be dismissed or explained away as a misperception of what was actually a demonstration of the presence of spirit.

To my knowledge, never in the history of physical mediumship, and especially materialisation mediumship, has it ever before been suggested that people experiencing their feet being trodden on was a means of spirit making their presence felt.


Liz, you seem to be an authority and Expert on Physical Mediumship, please tell us why you think these things happen, Oh! how many seances have you sat in and with what mediums?

Oh David you do step into some bad situations Lis and I could go on jointly and severally in great depth starting from the very first instances of such mediumship and Lis could tell of her experience but that is not the point of this thread, it would be a distraction. Read the vast majority of the threads in the physical mediumship section they are history and cover only a tiny part of our research. Leave that be and deal with the issues.


Last edited by Admin on Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Admin
Admin


Back to top Go down

Re: Letter to Psychic News

Post by Admin on Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:18 pm

COSC2014 wrote:
mac wrote:good point, Jim †

On occasion some postings have been known to get deleted later by their writers.....

Yep! good point Jim, big slap on the back!

Your point David, you yourself, in a recent post, said you expected us to remove your post, Mac is just referencing posts of your own, or others who have taken umbrage, that have, in the past disappeared it is not only Forum owners who remove posts because they have to (although as you are well aware a couple of yours, under traceable aliases, are carefully saved) but posters themselves who regret their initial impulses.

Once again this is irrelevant to the issues you started posting about or your need to respond to some of the more substantial ones that are appearing as we go along.


Last edited by Admin on Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Admin
Admin


Back to top Go down

Re: Letter to Psychic News

Post by Lis on Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:19 pm

COSC2014 wrote:
Lis wrote:It seems to me, that whenever physical sťances are held, especially when they are dark sťances, there will be people who have attended who will more than happy with what occurred during the event, especially when they are avid supporters of physical mediumship and the particular medium involved in the sťances. But, it is also quite common to find that not all who attend such events are as happy with what took place, or who have, in their opinion, observed or experienced something during the event/s that gives rise for concern in their minds.

Often such concerns, because of the very nature of the event, held in darkness as they are, though very real to those who have been concerned, are matters that the people feel unable to talk about publicly because they cannot prove what they believe they have seen or experienced.

When, however, numerous people experience having their feet trodden on or perceive other troubling aspects of a sťance, it is much harder to claim that their concerns can be dismissed or explained away as a misperception of what was actually a demonstration of the presence of spirit.

To my knowledge, never in the history of physical mediumship, and especially materialisation mediumship, has it ever before been suggested that people experiencing their feet being trodden on was a means of spirit making their presence felt.


Liz, you seem to be an authority and Expert on Physical Mediumship, please tell us why you think these things happen, Oh! how many seances have you sat in and with what mediums?

I hope you are enjoying your game playing David. As it happens I, unlike some, don't claim to be an expert on physical mediumship, but I do claim to have made an extensive study of the history of physical mediumship. As for your question regarding how many sťances have I sat in and with what mediums, I will merely say that I have sat in many in my over fifty years of involvement with Spiritualism. I see no need to list all the mediums, but I will say that the last physical phenomena sťance I sat in was one where Colin Fry was the 'medium'. After that, I made a conscious decision not to waste my time or energy on what the current exponents of physical mediumship offer, it being so far from the quality and substance of the great mediums of the past that I had seen.

Lis
Admin


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum