SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are the major Spiritualist groups. . .

2 posters

Go down

What are the major Spiritualist groups. . .  Empty What are the major Spiritualist groups. . .

Post by Left Behind Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:14 pm

. . . in your part of the world?

Here in the USA, the only one I hear much about is the National Spiritualist Association of Churches (NSAC), which is headquartered in Lily Dale, and runs the Morris Pratt Institute, which is in Milwaukee.

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

What are the major Spiritualist groups. . .  Empty Re: What are the major Spiritualist groups. . .

Post by Admin Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:47 am

In reality no major group in Australia. The oldest continuous organisation in the World is The Victorian Spiritualist Union based in Melbourne but that remained a Victorian State organisation which, through Schisms now has only, I believe, 2 churches and a cople of affiliates left.

There is one other group ACSCOA, which can be found almost as a Christian Grouping. It is a very loose affiliation where the major pledge seems to be to Jesus, loosely accepting the 7 Principles but spreading from churches that celebrate the moons phases (almost Wiccan) to very Christian to rational Spiritualist. I believe it is trying to move to Spiritualism but the pledge to be Christian blocks me. Indeed in their about Spiritualism there is no mention of the FOX Sisters and Hydesville, strangely enough there are a number of Spiritualist Churches in Aus. that deny the involvement of those Americans. http://www.spiritualistchurch.com.au/

I believe the status is similar in New Zealand with one large grouping having broken up over the years and now at best there are some small organisations. Canad may seem to be in a similar place from my research

Remember Spiritualist organisations tend to follow the old lines of countries based upon Anglo Saxon groupings, Europe and the Latin countries tend more towards Spiritism. (odd isn't it that England is known from two groups of invaders, the Angles and the Saxons, the Jutes who also invaded at the same time are forgotten, so are the original indigenous English; including the Pictish people and the earlier Celtic invaders)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

What are the major Spiritualist groups. . .  Empty Re: What are the major Spiritualist groups. . .

Post by Left Behind Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:46 pm

Admin wrote: http://www.spiritualistchurch.com.au/

(odd isn't it that England is known from two groups of invaders, the Angles and the Saxons, the Jutes who also invaded at the same time are forgotten, so are the original indigenous English; including the Pictish people and the earlier Celtic invaders)

I noticed that the cross this organization uses is the Egyptian ankh rather than one of the conventional Christian crosses.

The Jutes! My late wife used to jokingly bemoan the way they were historically neglected. We said that with everyone else in the world complaining about their real, feigned, or imagined grievances, we should form a "Jute Liberation Front". Laughing

I've also heard a theory that there never was such a people: that the term is merely repeated from the writings of the Venerable Bede.

Left Behind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down