Experimental Christmas Tree Seances and other trials

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Experimental Christmas Tree Seances and other trials

Post by Admin on Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:57 am

--Nick asked me to post about our experience at the centre. This is expanded from the posting I made on the centre's Facebook page.

Now there were several specific items to consider when reviewing this.

-It was a totally open event (most recorded séances are invite only) and we had no idea of either the numbers that would attend or who the people would be. In the end we had 11, many with no idea what was likely to happen. Indeed my guide would comment that one reason for the lack of play was Spirit were uncertain how people would, in fact, react if toys began moving.

-I have never attempted to run a séance, we had no denoted physical medium (most Christmas Tree Séances were in the presence of a known physical medium, on my side, at best, the last time we had table tipping it became apparent the table stopped if I was not on it). I was relying on instructions my guides gave me beforehand and also upon the suggestions Lis (who did not attend) received from Spirit. In addition after a bad fall two Mondays ago I was still in a fair amount of pain, which hampered my own abilities (back to doctors soon Lis and I think the damage to my Thigh may be more severe than first thought because 6 days on it can still be agonising if I push too much)

-Although we intended to use dim red light the room has no blackout and there was a fair degree of residual light (enough to se without any lighting). Indeed on the third day of a heatwave, with the temperature still over the old 100 F (the previous 2 days had been 103F and 105F) the air-conditioning had to be on needing windows to be open  and causing the blinds to move. Additionally as we started storms, lightning, thunder and hail rolled in.

-About 15 minute before starting we became entangled in an effort to rescue to rather lovely small dogs that had no identification on them. One came into the garden of the centre and the other kept running off. As a distraction this was definitely undesirable. Luckily a neighbour sat outside with them waiting the RSPCA. So are start was late.

-Basically from the start it was my intent, with my guides support, to push the envelope of how a séance could be run. Go back to first base, when they began. a time when no one had any "rules", ignoring all the well meaning "myths" that have built up to become the absolute requirements for success (which of course they were not with the first materialisations). Sadly, particularly in the light of the time we obtained Spirit faces on group members, our Parapsychologist with the low light camera and energy instruments, could not make it so we have no record.

Short opening prayer then a meditation designed purely to lift the entire energy in the room and within people. A dedication prayer then silly songs, including obligatory Rudolph and Jingle Bells, as a nod to tradition, amazing how well people did this but I realise we now need to move on to modern songs which could be sung to the same effect.

Then lower the lights (waste of time enough residual light to see well enough anyway) and ask Spirit to take over. Really what happened then was totally inconclusive, remember we were almost certainly using energy not ectoplasm. Everyone reported seeing ( but in reality subjectively) one or more Spirit Children, we even had some noises around the room although these needed separating from the natural sounds. I certainly was aware of the children and they formed a complete circle around the tree at one time, while other "adult" Spirits including my guide were present in the circuit. This is a feeling although my guide was close, we had an agreement that I would if needed drop into trance for the first time but I worked with him just passing his words on.

Two things became clear, given the mixed nature of the audience (although I was aware everyone would behave appropriately) there was some concern on the Spirit side about how people would really react if the musical instruments suddenly started up, the balls were kicked and the push along toys started moving. The second was something (like the use of old fashioned silly songs) relating to the type of toys, my guide indicated that Spirit Children of today almost needed teaching what to do with toys like ours (subjectively I heard one Spirit Child say where's the Xbox). I think Spirit may need to teach them because we will never have people willing to donate at that level.

After waiting some time it was suggested by my guide that we move to doing something else at another part of the room, then see what happened around the tree afterwards. First stop was table tipping where the best we achieved was a little movement. Unfortunately by this point my leg was in real pain so as the table started I had to step back.

That failure did not worry me because we moved to a place where individuals cold stand wrapped in black out curtain with just the face showing in dim red light. Every individual had Spirit overlaying different faces, changing size, sex hair colour , adding moustaches, beards and glasses. This is an extension of work through the last few years. It does not produce, as yet, recognisable faces but it shows a potential for Spirit to achieve things well beyond the established idea of a single transfiguration medium. In terms of observable and witnessed phenomena this was the nights high spot. The lack of the low light camera was really unfortunate.

By the end of this section the energy was dipping so we returned to the circle and lifted the main room lights a little. Clearly there had been no major play with the toys but a few were in different positions. To finish the evening we stood to form a circle around the tree holding hands and offering a thanks to Spirit, our guides and helpers, a blessing on those from Spirit and a blessing on those disadvantaged children who would receive the toys that the energy with in them would uplift them helping them both this Christmas and for their future life. Suddenly, as we did this, everyone felt the presence of the Spirit Children moving round brushing against legs and touching hands, some saw them subjectively and heard them. No evidence but a moment that will last for all of us who attended.

Sadly I can offer no proof for any of this, there is no evidence to back up anything I write so I do not expect anyone to just accept our experiences as truth. Indeed I still wonder if Spirit are truly prepared to provide perfect indisputable evidence. Were they to do that, with the world as it is now, would the knowledge be for the good of mankind or open to misuse?

The reality is that $200 and around 30 toys will be donated to the Salvation Army's Smith Family Christmas Present appeal.  This follows are ability to donate $1,250 held over, mainly given by Irene McGilvray DSNU,OSNU,TSNU from monies received during her April visit for charitable donation on a fire appeal, to help the victims of SA's latest disaster the Pinery Fires which swept the near north nearly reaching the Barossa valley.

Oh yes we will be doing it again next year for the same charity and hope more people will come, in between times we will practice.

Last edited by Admin on Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: Experimental Christmas Tree Seances and other trials

Post by Neilos on Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:09 am

Sounds like an excellent outcome and a good séance considering it was the first time.

Neilos

Back to top Go down

Post by nick pettitt on Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:25 pm

Thanks for writing the report and as Neilos says it was a good seance for a first attempt. It's interesting what you say about the spirit children today wanting more modern toys like xboxes. With Colin Fry's Christmas Tree seances in was mainly fluffy animals, toy cars, dolls tea sets etc. He would always ask that nobody brought along anything that would light up because of the light sensitive ectoplasm. Unfortunately somebody did bring something that lit up and when it did the ectoplasm shot back into his solar plexus causing burns and making Colin very ill. He did continue to sit for physical mediumship after a few weeks but the controls told us it had set back his development by a couple of years which was a shame as the spirit team were working on bringing their own light into the seance room so we could see them. This never happen as a year later Colin stopped physical seances to concentrate on his clairvoyance and TV work.

nick pettitt

Back to top Go down

Post by mac on Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:21 pm

It's a long time ago and I can only just remember the events.  I was always disappointed that Colin withdrew from demonstrating physical mediumship as I'd hoped he would be the one to bring it out into the open to a mass audience. It wasn't to be.

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:06 am

Well our second attempt was much more succesful in many ways.

Once again we started with the halogen ceiling lights dimmed but at a decent level, external light through the blinds because we were close to our longest day and a red light turned on and placed close to the area we would use for transfuguration.

We started with a prayer and short meditation then started singing to lift the energy There was a strong sense of the presence of Spirit but to prevent the energy from dropping we did not prolong the time we wauted for Spirit to appear.  We moved on to sit the attendees at the two round, claw footed, tables we had available. Spirit was then asked to move the tables to denote their presence. The first table stated moving accross the room, rotating and then changing direction after 10 minutes. In a further 10 minutes the other table headed over to the Christmas Tree. Both tables moved at speed and tried to lift from the ground especially when rotating quickly. We achieved some communication but at best this is a clumsy way to say hello.

When the tables stopped we went on to transfiguration with most people taking a turn wrapped in blackout curtain and standing against a white board. There was tremendous activity with faces appearing and changing even if none were recognisable.

Then we returned to the circle to ask a blessing on the toys from Spirit. On this occasion everyone felt Spirit around especially the hands of small children. Some of the toys had moved in our absence and once again the Christmas Card had been opened.

It was a wonderful evening and with the money donated we bought more toys to go with the one's brought along. Others, who did not attend the seance, donated toys and it was nearly 80 toys we could donateA which teh Uniting Church happily collecetd from us to distribute.

This year we go for the third seance on Wednesday December 13th.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:25 am

In the period since the last seance we have used the tables four times in my weekly group, which is an open group where the membership changes regularly. It is always held in diimed halogen lights with sufficient ligh to see clearly. The movement has been very active and the time for the tables to start moving has decresed substantially. We have also achieved more success with the transfiguration.

In the last 8 weeks, as a lead up to the Christmas Seance, the experimentation has increased. The transfiguration reached an interesting level when people described in details the faces appearing in front of the person and it was clear that each individual had their own Mothers face appearing in front of theirs.

On another day we sat peope in the circle centre, just after the meditation and relatives showed themselves, in my case I was overshadowed by my guide Tao Seng who made his strongest yet bid to provide trance (however, although what I am doing is almost unheard of in open groups I am unwilling to introduce Trance especially when I have not done any yet).

The meditation on that day was fascinating because there were voices in the air nearby and a couple of large sounds that could have only been raps.

In the same period we have used one of the tables again (the group was only 5 or 6). On the first the table started moving in just under 3 minutes and was very active . The second it moved in less than a minute and was extraordinary almost parallel to the ground and turning from one claw foot to the other. On both occasions the communication made it clear Spirit was involved and on the latter one I received an answer to a question I had posed to Spirit before the group started.

The signs are good for this years seance, although it still remains an experiment.

For interest my group involves a meditation to connect to Guides, exercises in tuning up psychic skills (or developing them we do have real beginners attending at times) and a segment on attempting to connect with Spirit using specific exercises.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top