Colin Fry Physical Seance recording 22/02/2001

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Colin Fry Physical Seance recording 22/02/2001

Post by obiwan on Sat Dec 26, 2015 1:06 pm

Really interesting Nick. Very clear.

obiwan


Back to top Go down

Re: Colin Fry Physical Seance recording 22/02/2001

Post by nick pettitt on Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:27 pm

Bette Davis came through to talk about the changes in the entertainment industry, more films were now coming out with spiritual themes. She was followed by a writer who just gave his name as Mr Eliot to tell us the same thing was happening with books...



nick pettitt


Back to top Go down

Re: Colin Fry Physical Seance recording 22/02/2001

Post by mac on Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:34 pm

I've only been half-following this thread but the photo of Bette Davis caught my eye and I listened to some of the recording. As it would be for any claim of a celebrity visiting at a seance my immediate reaction was "How was the identity of such well-known communicators authenticated?".


mac


Back to top Go down

Re: Colin Fry Physical Seance recording 22/02/2001

Post by obiwan on Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:46 pm

mac wrote:I've only been half-following this thread but the photo of Bette Davis caught my eye and I listened to some of the recording.  As it would be for any claim of a celebrity visiting at a seance my immediate reaction was "How was the identity of such well-known communicators authenticated?".


Yes you're right to ask Mac of course. The recordings are interesting but without knowing the controls in place and/or someone who knew the ostensible communicators, they don't have evidential value from my perspective.

I don't think Nick and put them up for any other reason than that they are interesting artefacts. I do find them particularly of interest since I think Nick was present at some of Colin's sessions (I'm not sure if he was at these) also Zerdini has attested to Colin's bona fides in the past.

obiwan


Back to top Go down

Re: Colin Fry Physical Seance recording 22/02/2001

Post by mac on Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:32 am

I have no issues with Colin's bona fide but what we should take from seances of that sort I find problematical.  
I am persuaded that the mediumship was genuine but it's far from evidential.  I might be persuaded by Gordon Higginson wanting to speak in the group but I really can see no reason that the other would - a naturalised American addressing a bunch of uninvolved Brits who would be unlikely to know much about her anyway.

mac


Back to top Go down

Re: Colin Fry Physical Seance recording 22/02/2001

Post by obiwan on Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:35 am

mac wrote:I have no issues with Colin's bona fide but what we should take from seances of that sort I find problematical.  
I am persuaded that the mediumship was genuine but it's far from evidential.  I might be persuaded by Gordon Higginson wanting to speak in the group but I really can see no reason that the other would - a naturalised American addressing a bunch of uninvolved Brits who would be unlikely to know much about her anyway.

Yes. I'm not sure there is anything for me to take other than it being interesting.

obiwan


Back to top Go down

Re: Colin Fry Physical Seance recording 22/02/2001

Post by nick pettitt on Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:55 am

obiwan wrote:
mac wrote:I've only been half-following this thread but the photo of Bette Davis caught my eye and I listened to some of the recording.  As it would be for any claim of a celebrity visiting at a seance my immediate reaction was "How was the identity of such well-known communicators authenticated?".


Yes you're right to ask Mac of course. The recordings are interesting but without knowing the controls in place and/or someone who knew the ostensible communicators, they don't have evidential value from my perspective.

I don't think Nick and put them up for any other reason than that they are interesting artefacts. I do find them  particularly of interest since I think Nick was present at some of Colin's sessions (I'm not sure if he was at these) also Zerdini has attested to Colin's bona fides in the past.

I was at all of the seances I've so far uploaded and as you say there was no way of authenticating some of the well known communicators, they were merely interesting and my own understanding for why they came through was to raise the vibration of the seance with laughter which helped other communicators to come through.

Each seance usually lasted about two hours and apart from a few minutes singing at the beginning to raise the vibrations it would then be non-stop communication. We never knew who would come through but they could roughly be divided up into three types of communicator. One would be members of Colin's own spirit team who always worked with him and also helped other communicators through, next would be the well-known communicators and finally the evidential communicators who came through to speak to individual sitters and were recognised by these sitters from what they said.

nick pettitt


Back to top Go down

Re: Colin Fry Physical Seance recording 22/02/2001

Post by mac on Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:08 pm

May I ask then, Nick, if any of the attendees believed they actually were who they claimed to be?  Or did you just accept the communicators as play-acting 'stooges' who were there as warm-up entertainers to get you all 'in the mood' so to speak?  

I'm not a sceptic, by the way, or trivialising the serious contributions of authenticated communicators.

mac


Back to top Go down

Re: Colin Fry Physical Seance recording 22/02/2001

Post by nick pettitt on Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:11 pm

mac wrote:May I ask then, Nick, if any of the attendees believed they actually were who they claimed to be?  Or did you just accept the communicators as play-acting 'stooges' who were there as warm-up entertainers to get you all 'in the mood' so to speak?  

I'm not a sceptic, by the way, or trivialising the serious contributions of authenticated communicators.

With most of the well-know communicators we just accepted them as who they said they were as it was very difficult to prove one way or the other but there were some who had been known when on this side by some of the sitters including Leslie Flint and Gordon Higginson and they were able to talk about shared memories. On one occasion we had Dirk Bogarde come through and there was one sitter present who knew him and had an evidential conversation with him.

The communicators that came through to speak to individual sitters included grandparents, parents, children, wives, husbands, friends, work colleagues and even a teacher who had taught a lady sitter many years ago at school. In these cases the sitters seemed to be convinced that the communicators were who they said they were by what they were saying and those sitters who I spoke to afterwards confirmed this.

nick pettitt


Back to top Go down

Re: Colin Fry Physical Seance recording 22/02/2001

Post by Admin on Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:56 pm

Fascinating Nick and many thanks for sharing all of this with us.
avatar
Admin
Admin


Back to top Go down

Re: Colin Fry Physical Seance recording 22/02/2001

Post by nick pettitt on Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:40 am

Leslie Flint often came through at Colin's seances. On this occasion Colin had just got home after a stressful day in London and this affected the available energies. Leslie commented on the energies being peculiar and that the voice box wasn't stable and you can hear how the sound of his voice changes at times during the communication.


nick pettitt


Back to top Go down

Re: Colin Fry Physical Seance recording 22/02/2001

Post by nick pettitt on Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:55 am

'Do you know what I miss of your world? I miss a quiet day sitting under a tree, drinking a little orange juice, watching the children play, white children, black children, brown children... Hindu, Muslim and Jew, playing as little children... That is what I miss, I want all of my children to play together...'


nick pettitt


Back to top Go down

Re: Colin Fry Physical Seance recording 22/02/2001

Post by hiorta on Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:08 am

Sadly this very pertinent and welcome recording is all but inaudible.
avatar
hiorta


Back to top Go down

Re: Colin Fry Physical Seance recording 22/02/2001

Post by nick pettitt on Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:03 pm

hiorta wrote:Sadly this very pertinent and welcome recording is all but inaudible.

Yes the voice is a bit quiet, I find it easier to listen to with headphones

nick pettitt


Back to top Go down

Re: Colin Fry Physical Seance recording 22/02/2001

Post by nick pettitt on Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:29 pm



Quentin gives us his own understanding of the word sin.

nick pettitt


Back to top Go down

Re: Colin Fry Physical Seance recording 22/02/2001

Post by Mic on Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:04 pm

Hi Nick,

thanks - that's interesting.
Actually, Quentin Crisp is also communicating at David Thompson's sittings as a full materialisation. Does anybody know how this connection was established?

Mic

Mic


Back to top Go down

Re: Colin Fry Physical Seance recording 22/02/2001

Post by nick pettitt on Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:31 pm



A grandfather comes through to speak to his granddaughter during Colin Fry's physical seance on the 31st July 2002. It was a very hot evening and we had an air conditioner going which spoils the recording a bit but it's an interesting and amusing communication with some evidence for the sitter.

nick pettitt


Back to top Go down

Re: Colin Fry Physical Seance recording 22/02/2001

Post by obiwan on Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:25 am

Interesting Nic. The problem is that the sitter didn't really know her grandad. It was too general for me to be evidential and I don't know how well Colin knew the sitter.

obiwan


Back to top Go down

Re: Colin Fry Physical Seance recording 22/02/2001

Post by nick pettitt on Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:49 am

obiwan wrote:Interesting Nic. The problem is that the sitter didn't really know her grandad. It was too general for me to be evidential and I don't know how well Colin knew the sitter.

yes you're right, as with most personal communications it's only evidential to the sitter. I don't think it's a problem that the sitter didn't really know her grandad as sometimes evidence can be given which isn't known at the time to the sitter and then later found out to be true which to my mind makes it more evidential.

nick pettitt


Back to top Go down

Re: Colin Fry Physical Seance recording 22/02/2001

Post by nick pettitt on Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:53 am



English comic actor Kenneth Williams answers questions about where he is now, what he does and life on the other side.

nick pettitt


Back to top Go down

Re: Colin Fry Physical Seance recording 22/02/2001

Post by obiwan on Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:42 pm

nick pettitt wrote:

English comic actor Kenneth Williams answers questions about where he is now, what he does and life on the other side.

Brilliant - I loved Kenneth Williams

obiwan


Back to top Go down

Re: Colin Fry Physical Seance recording 22/02/2001

Post by nick pettitt on Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:27 pm

Gordon came to talk about the dangers of demonstrating physical mediumship and the importance of being discerning of who you allow to attend. Leslie Flint also speaks briefly.
The picture is from one of Gordon Higginson's physical seances held in the library of the Authur Findlay College in 1974. It was taken by John Hughes using infra-red photography.


nick pettitt


Back to top Go down

Re: Colin Fry Physical Seance recording 22/02/2001

Post by scottmilligan on Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:20 pm

nick pettitt wrote:Gordon came to talk about the dangers of demonstrating physical mediumship and the importance of being discerning of who you allow to attend. Leslie Flint also speaks briefly.
The picture is from one of Gordon Higginson's physical seances held in the library of the Authur Findlay College in 1974. It was taken by John Hughes using infra-red photography.



This seance with Gordon and leslie the voice whispering was Maurice Barbanell. advising me and David , mickey was the last voice

scottmilligan


Back to top Go down

Re: Colin Fry Physical Seance recording 22/02/2001

Post by nick pettitt on Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:41 am

scottmilligan wrote:
nick pettitt wrote:Gordon came to talk about the dangers of demonstrating physical mediumship and the importance of being discerning of who you allow to attend. Leslie Flint also speaks briefly.
The picture is from one of Gordon Higginson's physical seances held in the library of the Authur Findlay College in 1974. It was taken by John Hughes using infra-red photography.



This seance with Gordon and leslie the voice whispering was Maurice Barbanell. advising me and David , mickey was the last voice  

Thanks Scott, yes that makes sense. I wasn't sure who that was at the end.

nick pettitt


Back to top Go down

Re: Colin Fry Physical Seance recording 22/02/2001

Post by obiwan on Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:08 am

nick pettitt wrote:
scottmilligan wrote:
nick pettitt wrote:Gordon came to talk about the dangers of demonstrating physical mediumship and the importance of being discerning of who you allow to attend. Leslie Flint also speaks briefly.
The picture is from one of Gordon Higginson's physical seances held in the library of the Authur Findlay College in 1974. It was taken by John Hughes using infra-red photography.



This seance with Gordon and leslie the voice whispering was Maurice Barbanell. advising me and David , mickey was the last voice  

Thanks Scott, yes that makes sense. I wasn't sure who that was at the end.

Was this and NAS seance Nic? Do you recall what year?

obiwan


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum