SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

David Thompson - Personal Message

+9
mickyb
Waller
Mark74
obiwan
LeroyC
mac
Admin
Lis
COSC2014
13 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

David Thompson - Personal Message - Page 5 Empty Re: David Thompson - Personal Message

Post by Lis Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:32 am

David wrote:

Hi "Eternaltruths"

Actually, you miss interrupted my words!! I stated "ALL" the evidence has not yet been seen, as you said Dr. Nahms papers have not yet been published for public scrutiny, so I would suggest until all information is open to the public, then Kai Muegge should most definitely be given the benefit of the doubt, otherwise the person, no matter who they are has been judged unfairly and without full facts.

Oh! by the way, please feel free to address me by my name David, after all "Thompson" or "Mr Thompson" is far to formal.

Thanks

David[/quote]

Hi David,

I think if you read my review of the main points of Dr. Nahm's article on the Kai Muegge thread you will see that there is significant evidence.

Of course, the full article gives much detail about the reasons for the points that I have summarised (the article is 55 pages long!) and on anyone reading it I am sure that there will be little doubt as the fairness and thoroughness of Nahm's conclusions.

Just the issue of the purchase of artificial cobweb (and there is no doubt whatsoever that he did, from whom, and when) is of sufficient concern, but that added to the thread seen attached to the alleged ectoplasmic hand, the 'spirit light' device, the evidence found in the photographs, and Kai's conduct in response to these matters, is more than enough to justify Dr. Nahm's analysis.

Lis

Lis
Admin

Back to top Go down

David Thompson - Personal Message - Page 5 Empty Re: David Thompson - Personal Message

Post by mac Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:33 am

obiwan wrote:
COSC2014 wrote:
eternaltruths wrote:
Lis wrote:ADMIN Notice: It would appear that any further discussion regarding the investigation into the mediumship of Kai Muegge should take place under the new thread set up for that purpose. Thanks.

Thanks Lis. I will do so.
But since Thompson mentioned Kai Muegge I thought the reports would fit here quite good, especially for Mr.Thompson who says the evidence have not been seen.

So far Dr.Nahms papers (which are stronger tobacco) will be linked in the new thread as soon as I have a link.

et

Hi "Eternaltruths"

Actually, you miss interrupted my words!! I stated "ALL" the evidence has not yet been seen, as you said Dr. Nahms papers have not yet been published for public scrutiny, so I would suggest until all information is open to the public, then Kai Muegge should most definitely be given the benefit of the doubt, otherwise the person, no matter who they are has been judged unfairly and without full facts.

Oh! by the way, please feel free to address me by my name David, after all "Thompson" or "Mr Thompson" is far to formal.

Thanks

David

Quite. Using just the surname seems a bit rude. I think Braude's report is sufficient to cast doubt personally. What KM ought to consider is how to respond to it, that would be quite important really.

For consisitency, then, one should also say 'Stephen Braude' and 'Kai Muegge'..... Wink

Last edited by mac on Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : one too many 'i' in consistency!)

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Lis Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:54 am

Indeed, Mac,

So we must discuss the issues using Stephen Braude, Michael Nahm, Kai Muegge, David Thompson, etc., in order to be courteous.

I apologise for using just "Nahm", it unfortunately comes from writing so much academic stuff where the surname only is usually used in articles.  Smile 

Lis
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by eternaltruths Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:50 am

@ David Thompson
I understand what you mean. Maybe I was not precise enough in my words: the reports WERE both available for already 4 weeks but only if you subscribe as member of the JSE.
Besides many people started talking on the reports just a few really read it. That for sure was not ideal. It is a good decission from the publishers finally putting the reports online where everyone can read them without any hassle of registration, memberships etc...

My newest information is Dr.Nahms report will go online for all, free and everywhere start of august.

I can only encourage everyone reading those reports then as you get enormous insights. Until then Lis' great summary delivers straight insights on the content.

Kind regards.

PS: I use the forum names usually for the standard communication. For people of public interest like you I prefer using full names so those who follow always have in mind it is David Thompson we are talking with. This also eases goole search.
eternaltruths
eternaltruths

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:21 pm

mac wrote:
obiwan wrote:
COSC2014 wrote:
eternaltruths wrote:
Lis wrote:ADMIN Notice: It would appear that any further discussion regarding the investigation into the mediumship of Kai Muegge should take place under the new thread set up for that purpose. Thanks.

Thanks Lis. I will do so.
But since Thompson mentioned Kai Muegge I thought the reports would fit here quite good, especially for Mr.Thompson who says the evidence have not been seen.

So far Dr.Nahms papers (which are stronger tobacco) will be linked in the new thread as soon as I have a link.

et

Hi "Eternaltruths"

Thanks

David

Quite. Using just the surname seems a bit rude. I think Braude's report is sufficient to cast doubt personally. What KM ought to consider is how to respond to it, that would be quite important really.

For consisitency, then, one should also say 'Stephen Braude' and 'Kai Muegge'..... Wink 

I don't think so as David is in this conversation and Braude, Muegge and Nahm are not  rabbit

When referring to scientific papers the convention appears to be to use the surname.

If Stephen Braude joined the conversation I wouldn't dream of referring to him as 'Braude'.

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:31 pm

fair point

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:43 am

Didn't take long for this thread to run out of steam!   Laughing 

By chance (?) I recently found myself looking back at a piece from the days of 'Spirit of PN' in which there was a reference to DT making statements but subsequently refusing to deal with questions.  

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.....

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:04 am

mac wrote:Didn't take long for this thread to run out of steam!   Laughing 

By chance (?) I recently found myself looking back at a piece from the days of 'Spirit of PN' in which there was a reference to DT making statements but subsequently refusing to deal with questions.  

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.....

Hi Mac - which ones weren't answered?

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by eternaltruths Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:08 pm

http://www.paranormalreview.com/index.php/david-thompson-replies-then-refuses-to-give-answers/

All questions. Thompson for sure did not like the way Stenman approached him. The best of the article sadly has vanished (as the site broke down someday), the many comments from people who seemingly sat with Thompson and had a lot to tell about their experiences...

et
eternaltruths
eternaltruths

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:10 pm

The ones from Roy Stemman.

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:43 pm

mac wrote:The ones from Roy Stemman.

Ah right. Perhaps someone could re-post them here then maybe David will comment?

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:09 pm

yeah, right!  Laughing 

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:21 pm

mac wrote:yeah, right!   Laughing 

Well it's an interesting test of David's wilingness to be open. Smile. It's not like they will ever go away.

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:42 pm

Why not then go for it yourself, my duck friend, but I won't be holding my breath in the meantime.  Laughing 

Alternatively I suppose the ideal person to pose these questions again might be our resident expert-on-everything-pm, Waller Joel.  He's a whizz at relationships and likely knows DT well.   Wink   

He could even ask DT when he attends the scheduled seance in autumn.  Or was it Kai Muegge he will be seeing?  I get so confused between physical mediums.... Razz 

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:30 pm

mac wrote:Why not then go for it yourself, my duck friend, but I won't be holding my breath in the meantime.  Laughing 

Well why not:

David, I appreciate that this is probably raking over coals so I apologise in advance but perhaps you'd offer some comments on the following questions please?

1. Is it the goal of yourself or your spirit helpers to ultimately produce materialisations or other physical phenomena in a red light?

2.  If so, when do you expect that to happen?

3.  In the meantime, is it sensible to continue to demonstrate in total darkness, leaving some participants (as evidenced from responses to my Blog) unconvinced by the results?

4.  Are your spirit helpers striving to provide more personal survival evidence in the future and less show business entertainment from the likes of Quentin Crisp and Louis Armstrong?

5.  Can your main spirit helper, William, explain why the materialised Gordon Higginson was unaware that his good friend Heather Hatton had passed over to spirit a year earlier when he communicated in Australia?

6.  Have your spirit helpers been asked about the introduction of night vision goggles or infra-red light to view and even film the materialised entities?

7.  Instead of being tied up during a séance, would you agree to being tested by SPR researchers using simple weighing devices that would monitor not only your presence in a chair throughout the séance proceedings, but also the independent existence (by weight) of any spirits that materialised? Such a method would be totally unobtrusive as far as light is concerned, if total darkness continues to be a necessary condition of your mediumship.

obiwan

Back to top Go down

David Thompson - Personal Message - Page 5 Empty Answer to your questions

Post by COSC2014 Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:51 am

obiwan wrote:
mac wrote:Why not then go for it yourself, my duck friend, but I won't be holding my breath in the meantime.  Laughing 

Well why not:

David, I appreciate that this is probably raking over coals so I apologise in advance but perhaps you'd offer some comments on the following questions please?

1.  Is it the goal of yourself or your spirit helpers to ultimately produce materialisations or other physical phenomena in a red light?

I personally feel it should always be the goal of any medium regardless of the type of mediumship to try and progress their mediumship, in line with that I will always work to develop my mediumship further and if that is towards any form of lighted condition in the seance room then the answer is yes, we have recently secured a thermal imaging camera and have done a few experiments in the home circle and had some good results, that we have on film, so the further development could be in light or with the use of recording equipment that allows us to film in the seance room without harm to the mediumship.  

2.  If so, when do you expect that to happen?

As I said in the previous answer it process has already started, how long will it take? that I can honestly not answer.

3.  In the meantime, is it sensible to continue to demonstrate in total darkness, leaving some participants (as evidenced from responses to my Blog) unconvinced by the results?

Personally, I feel any mediumship if presented with the right intention is sensible because it helps to bring the marvellous reality to people that we survive physical death, as always people will decide with their feet if they wish to participate or abstain from attending any mediumistic event; regardless of it being a seance in a darkened seance room or a fully lighted mental mediumship demonstration in a theatre of 1000 people. The odds are the theatre demonstration will yield more scepticism because only a few people will receive a message and many more will leave questioning.    

4.  Are your spirit helpers striving to provide more personal survival evidence in the future and less show business entertainment from the likes of Quentin Crisp and Louis Armstrong?

HERE IS THE ANSWER THAT WAS SUPPLIED TO PSYCHIC NEWS FOR PUBLICATION:
One of the reasons `The Circle of the Silver Cord’ exists is to prove that life continues after physical death - and personal proof is very strong evidence.
Early in my physical mediumship development I had the opportunity to re-unite grieving parents with their young daughter, who had died of cancer. During the séance she sat on her mother’s lap and held her father’s hand. The memory of how those people were changed that night is what makes me willing to endure negative comments, long haul air travel, living out of a suitcase and giving up the security of a normal job and life.
Over the years of demonstrating my physical mediumship many people have received personal proof in the séance room.  We have recordings and a wealth of personal testimonials from people who’ve communicated with passed loved ones speaking in their normal voice and displaying known personality traits.  Many have spoken in their native tongues, including German, Swedish, Yiddish, Russian and Mandarin.
As you can see I encourage personal proof in the séance room as well as from the public platform. As a believer in the next life I feel we all should try to raise the bar which is something `The Circle of the Silver Cord’ is endeavouring to do.

5.  Can your main spirit helper, William, explain why the materialised Gordon Higginson was unaware that his good friend Heather Hatton had passed over to spirit a year earlier when he communicated in Australia?

Personally, No I cant answer the question because I was in a deep state of trance, this question has been posed to William in a private trance interview at the Banyan Retreat last year and was videoed and recorded for evidential purposes, this is in the possession of Psychic News.  

6.  Have your spirit helpers been asked about the introduction of night vision goggles or infra-red light to view and even film the materialised entities?

I have answered this question above, in relation to the use of Thermal imaging video camera.

7.  Instead of being tied up during a séance, would you agree to being tested by SPR researchers using simple weighing devices that would monitor not only your presence in a chair throughout the séance proceedings, but also the independent existence (by weight) of any spirits that materialised? Such a method would be totally unobtrusive as far as light is concerned, if total darkness continues to be a necessary condition of your mediumship.

I have subjected myself on many occasions to tests by many different people, of which many have not been documented or published. I ask you where do you draw the line? There will always people wanting to test this and do that, at times I have allowed myself to be subjected to degrading strip searches and examinations! In EVERY seance we have two independent checkers who witness and examine the restraint processes and the seance DO NOT begin until the two checkers are completely satisfied and have indicated so to all the participants, I feel enough is enough and my mediumship should be judged on an individual basis by those who attend the seances and not be subjected to continual scrutiny to stratify the minds of those who may never be satisfied.
COSC2014
COSC2014

Back to top Go down

Post by Wes Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:11 am

I would have thought that any sort of properly applied restraints would involve a certain level of pressure and discomfort that could interrupt the ability of the medium to relax and enter a trance state?

Wes
Wes

Back to top Go down

Post by COSC2014 Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:25 am

Wes wrote:I would have thought that any sort of properly applied restraints would involve a certain level of pressure and discomfort that could interrupt the ability of the medium to relax and enter a trance state

Fortunately enough, my spirit friends advised me to use restraints long before I ever did any public seances, these were implemented many years ago, when I first started developing in The Haymist circle.
COSC2014
COSC2014

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:09 pm

David - thank you for replying. It is appreciated.

Just one minor question - with regard to point 5:

Personally, No I cant answer the question because I was in a deep state of trance, this question has been posed to William in a private trance interview at the Banyan Retreat last year and was videoed and recorded for evidential purposes, this is in the possession of Psychic News.  

Would it not be possible for someone to ask William about this even though you are in trance? I realise that it might be a minor point to you but  the answer would be of general interest.

Thanks again.

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by COSC2014 Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:18 am

obiwan wrote:David - thank you for replying. It is appreciated.

Would it not be possible for someone to ask William about this even though you are in trance? I realise that it might be a minor point to you but  the answer would be of general interest.

Thanks again.

Hi Obiwan,

Sorry about the delay in answering, this was one of the questions asked William, during a private trance sitting with Sue Farrow the editor of PN, this was recorded and videoed for authenticity purposes, personally I don't know the answer to the question, but I feel sure if Sue was contacted by Liz or Jim, she may be able to give a definitive answer.

Thanks

David
COSC2014
COSC2014

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:51 am

COSC2014 wrote:
obiwan wrote:David - thank you for replying. It is appreciated.

Thanks again.

Hi Obiwan,

Sorry about the delay in answering, this was one of the questions asked William, during a private trance sitting with Sue Farrow the editor of PN, this was recorded and videoed for authenticity purposes, personally I don't know the answer to the question, but I feel sure if Sue was contacted by Liz or Jim, she may be able to give a definitive answer.

Thanks

David

Thanks David.

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by factor Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:47 am

Sorry to see it stopped here.

"Many have spoken in their native tongues, including German, Swedish, Yiddish, Russian and Mandarin."

My Father was in a session with David and talked in Dutch. He touched me and said a personal message.

I don't care ig it was in darkness, the feel of your father never changes !

Factor

factor

Back to top Go down

Post by factor Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:47 am

Sorry to see it stopped here.

"Many have spoken in their native tongues, including German, Swedish, Yiddish, Russian and Mandarin."

My Father was in a session with David and talked in Dutch. He touched me and said a personal message.

I don't care if it was in darkness, the feel of your father never changes !

Factor

factor

Back to top Go down

Post by Neilos Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:51 pm

Thanks for sharing Factor and it sounds an amazing experience! Did you have a lengthy discussion with your Dad?

Neilos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next