SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SNUi

4 posters

Go down

SNUi Empty SNUi

Post by mac Thu May 08, 2014 8:04 pm

"Upgrade to SNU Individual Member

When you have been a SNUi member for two or more years you can apply to become a Spiritualist and apply for Full Individual membership of the SNU. You must have been a member of SNUi for the two years immediately prior to your application. You will still be able to retain your SNUi membership and full access to this website for a reduced annual subscription of £8."

Somehow I ended up on the SNUi website and as I had nothing better to do I read some of the stuff there.  On the 'Membership' page I found the above.  I didn't know whether to be amused or annoyed.  I see that if I became a member of the SNUi for a couple of years I could apply to become a Spiritualist.  Huh?  Here's mac thinking he'd been a Spiritualist for three decades but, no, first I have to apply to become one!  

Has someone just written that piece badly or is the SNUi actually serious?

mac

Back to top Go down

SNUi Empty Re: SNUi

Post by obiwan Thu May 08, 2014 9:35 pm

Spiritualist©️ Smile

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by hiorta Thu May 08, 2014 10:05 pm

Similar ideas were tried in the 80's, items like the SNU committee will interpret rules AND the Seven Principles for all.
It must be me, but no one will tell me what to think or how to interpret any matter under discussion.
I left the SNU that day.
hiorta
hiorta

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat May 10, 2014 3:06 am

Well they are using the SNUi to try and break into other countries. You can actually do their Certificates and Diplomas where they are using webinars. I have some agreement for that idea living in a country where there is no accreditation that can be regarded as useful or real.

That also means they are recruiting people who may have never attended any centre that an SNU member would recognise as Spiritualist so maybe their comment is aimed at them. However does that mean a member of The Spiritualist National Union International is not a real "Spiritualist" in the SNU's eyes even if they are already one.

Lis and I have been looking at becoming involved in this possibly doing some tutoring. It may beat trying to set anything up within Australia where it would be hard to get acceptance. Proving to be a little more troublesome but the webinars are on at a time which is totally unsuited to people in Australia.

Of course Minister Steven Upton is in charge of the SNUi
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Sat May 10, 2014 7:04 am

"However does that mean a member of The Spiritualist National Union International is not a real "Spiritualist" in the SNU's eyes even if they are already one". Or does the SNU/ SNUi see one as a Spiritualist only after one has become a member of either organisation?

The reality is that someone with a paid-up subscription to either is simply a member and that membership in itself does not make them a Spiritualist. I don't have any objections to the SNU trawling for members or offering tuition but I do object to the inference that one can become a Spiritualist after aplication to that body.

As I suggested earlier it may just be clumsy grammar but in light of recent events concerning PN I'm mistrustful about intent.

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Sun May 11, 2014 1:34 am

mac wrote:"However does that mean a member of The Spiritualist National Union International is not a real "Spiritualist" in the SNU's eyes even if they are already one".  Or does the SNU/ SNUi see one as a Spiritualist only after one has become a member of either organisation?

The reality is that someone with a paid-up subscription to either is simply a member and that membership in itself does not make them a Spiritualist.  I don't have any objections to the SNU trawling for members or offering tuition but I do object to the inference that one can become a Spiritualist after aplication to that body.  

As I suggested earlier it may just be clumsy grammar but in light of recent events concerning PN I'm mistrustful about intent.

Time reveals all things.

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by hiorta Sun May 11, 2014 6:18 am

The Spiritualist philosophy is free to all and needs neither an organisation, officials, head office, rule books, etc. The philosophy will lift and illumine the sincere seeker if they live it, the Principles outline the philosophical framework - the seeker now needs to order his/ her life and lay the foundations themselves.

They are likely to meet the 'Dark Night of the Soul' quite early in their search which will, among other things, point the way.
Like so many similar things, what we do is far more important than what we believe, which is where many 'seekers of truth' take cold feet.
hiorta
hiorta

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum