SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello!

5 posters

Go down

Hello! Empty Hello!

Post by inquiringmind Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:10 pm

Hello everyone

I'm new here - and so excited at having found your site, that all the questions that have been bubbling up inside of me seem to have vanished - in a flood of shock, I think.

I'm also very new to the world of materialization mediumship - or at least, new to the fact that there's an actual name for it, that it's an actual 'thing', that it's quite real, and that I'm not a sandwich short of a picnic (not officially, anyway).

Some time ago, I was goofing off with friends, experimenting and discussing things of a metaphysical nature. None of us knew what we were doing, really, although my friends had a bit more a clue than I did about this mystical life we all live.

One evening - and then again one afternoon a few days later - someone in the group had the bright idea that I should try going into a trance. I don't know whether I did or I didn't, because I had no idea what a trance was meant to be like, or what was expected of me, but I dutifully relaxed on the floor, closed my eyes and waited for whatever it was that was supposed to occur.

After what seemed like just a few minutes later, there was this sudden, most jarring, eruption of very excitable exclamations amongst my friends about 'the green mist' that came out of my mouth and formed into the shape of a tall person, before moving to the opposite corner of the room to stand still...and after several moments, it simply sort of dissolved, or vanished.

They all gaped at me. I felt like a bit of a freak. None of us had any idea what just took place, but it occurred again, just a few days later, in the afternoon, and in broad daylight.

I never attempted it again, because I felt a bit frightened and 'alone', not knowing what it was all about - and then there was the odd way my friends looked at me for a while, as though I'd become somehow 'evil' or 'unclean'.

In any event, all these years have passed and I've only very recently - via one happenstance or another - stumbled upon the term 'materialization medium' and what it means.  

After my skin stopped jumping up and down with goosebumps of eerie excitement, I realized it was the most comforting bit of information to have found...and an even greater comfort to have stumbled upon this website tonight with it's veritable feast of information, which I fully intend to gorge myself upon.

Thank you - so much - for this site and for being open to utter newbies like me Smile

inquiringmind

Back to top Go down

Hello! Empty Re: Hello!

Post by hiorta Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:33 pm

Hello and on behalf of a widely scattered brother and sisterhood - welcome. The folk here will assuredly be of help.
'Materialisation' or physical Mediumship is a rare form of Mediumship today, but like all Mediumship its purpose is to comfort the mourner and to try to provide evidence that all life survives the change known as death.

There is much to learn, understand and perhaps apply and that particular form of Mediumship is likely to attract folk for reasons other than seeking Truth, so I'll leave it open to others to speak.

Again, Welcome.
hiorta
hiorta

Back to top Go down

Post by inquiringmind Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:34 pm

Thank you very much for the welcome and yes, I can see it's often quiet in here, no doubt as so many are so busy.

Am just devouring information in here and hopping to sites of recommended reading material.

Thank you again Smile

inquiringmind

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:06 pm

I hope you enjoy what you've found on this website.  

It's fairly uncommon to experience physical mediumship and this website doesn't focus on any particular kind of mediumship; other websites that do can be found online and may be of more specific help in that regard.

Here I hope you'll find the message that mediumship and communication with those who have passed over tell us about life, death and the so-called afterlife.  In this, a Spiritualist community, you'll likely find a primary emphasis on the value of evidential mediumship as a means of supporting the bereaved.

I'm 'mac' and if you do start visiting other websites you may also find me on some of them, always trying hard to present Spiritualism's approach.

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by inquiringmind Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:14 pm

Thank you very much, Mac.

There seems to be an almost overwhelming amount to learn, but I shall wade through and soldier on Smile

inquiringmind

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:19 pm

inquiringmind wrote:Thank you very much, Mac.

There seems to be an almost overwhelming amount to learn, but I shall wade through and soldier on Smile

I agree there's a lot to become familiar with - it took me a few years before I felt I'd properly begun to get things nailed.

I studied all I could find, complete with sidetracks and diversions, contemplated and considered a good deal more, experienced whatever was available. 30 years since the beginning I feel I have a small measure of understanding and I now spend (too) many hours trying to pass some of it on.  Wink 

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by inquiringmind Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:29 pm

I can see why; so much reading material, so little time - and only one pair of eyes...

inquiringmind

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:38 pm

inquiringmind wrote:I can see why; so much reading material, so little time - and only one pair of eyes...

Yes time isn't our friend in such an endeavour but unless one spends what time one has it's all too easy to reach conclusions which have the potential to be chronically misleading. I often see that on the various forums where I'm a contributor.

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by inquiringmind Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:40 pm

Old Man Time doesn't scare me. It's just one of those situations where I wish I could read and study everything on the subject all at once. Impatience, I believe it's called? Wink

inquiringmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:32 pm

Welcome to the site I really hope that you enjoy it. I am hoping to get some new things up on here but very busy working, running a centre and just researching.

Jim
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by inquiringmind Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:23 am

Hello, Jim and thank you very much. Yes, the site has already sent me off in the direction of Anthony Borgia and Arthur Findlay's material. Wonderful reading Smile

inquiringmind

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:49 am

Welcome. This is a good place to start. I've learned a great deal from the people who post on this site.

Like you, one of the first things that struck me was just how much information there is available on mediumship and survival. Unfortunately, IMHO, there is no substitute for research and that entails a lot of reading.

Your experience with the green mist isn't something I have heard about however experimenting when in the right frame of mind and with the right motivation isn't, I don't think, dangerous provided we keeps our wits about us and research the subject carefully.

Swimming in the sea need not be dangerous if we know how far to go, our own depth, potential unseen hazards below the surface and are adequately prepared. If we don't, then we're taking risks that we aren't really conscious of. In short, my view is to talk, read and go carefully.

How busy the site is depends whether people start interesting discussions or not. Ask questions and you will usually get a range of view.

What books have you read so far?

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by inquiringmind Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:09 pm

Hello obiwan and thank you Smile

I've not 'dabbled' since that time - which was many, many moons ago. Have had some interesting, spontaneous experiences with folks who are already on the other side, including a deceased relative or two, but that's about it, although I've never doubted life's continuance once we leave this earthly body.

Currently deeply immersed in Anthony Borgia's 'Life In The World Unseen' (intending to read his other publications when this one is finished), and am some little way through Arthur Findlay's Curse of Ignorance.

To be blessed with two brains and 4 pairs of eyes would really be most helpful right about now, I'm thinking Wink

inquiringmind

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:29 pm

I think there is nothing like direct personal experience for evidential value, particular if it is corroborated by others as in your case.

I found "Life in the world unseen" a bit turgid as a read but it's down to personal taste I guess.

"Curse of Ignorance" seemed a bit of a rant, but I did enjoy "on the edge of the etheric".

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by inquiringmind Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:39 pm

Oh no! I don't find it a difficult read at all, although I'm struggling a little bit with the "there is no hell" thing, when it seems to be replaced with 'dark places/spheres/realms of hideous, barely recognizable humans suffering misery and bleakness as punishment for bad earthly lives (in a nutshell)' that humans are supposed to have created for themselves because they 'judged themselves'.

Seems a bit like the concept of hell dressed up as something a bit different, with a twist, to me, but there's still miles of books to read and research to do, so no doubt I'll come to some understanding as time goes by.

I agree with you that The Curse of Ignorance is a wee bit long-winded, but now you've given me something else to chase up...On The Edge of the Etheric" - also by Arthur Findlay, yes?

inquiringmind

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:46 pm

I guess different writings resonate with different people. "Edge of the Etheric" is by Findlay yes you're right. It deals more with the mediumship of John Sloan, which was the catalyst for Findlay's interest in the subject really.

You may also enjoy "voices in the dark" which is the autobiography of Leslie Flint, and the biography of Alec Harris. I also enjoyed "Healing Hands" by J Bernard Hutton - not physical mediumship per se but an amazing study of trance mediumship.

Last edited by obiwan on Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by inquiringmind Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:48 pm

Thank you very much, obiwan, I shall hunt them down.

inquiringmind

Back to top Go down

Post by obiwan Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:50 pm

inquiringmind wrote:Thank you very much, obiwan, I shall hunt them down.
a pleasure. You have a truly astounding journey ahead of you.

obiwan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum