SpiritualismLink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spiritualist Origins of you don't have a soul you are a soul

3 posters

Go down

Spiritualist Origins of you don't have a soul you are a soul Empty Spiritualist Origins of you don't have a soul you are a soul

Post by Admin Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:00 am

Interesting piece with a Christian reviewing this issue http://www.firstthings.com/blogs/firstthoughts/2014/01/13/the-spiritualist-origins-of-you-dont-have-a-soul-you-are-a-soul/
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Spiritualist Origins of you don't have a soul you are a soul Empty Re: Spiritualist Origins of you don't have a soul you are a soul

Post by hiorta Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:09 am

Here is an excellent example of how Theology/ Doctrine might swamp thought with poorly defined terms of intended meanings.

Is it not more simple to consider the differences between Spiritualism and Christianity as being:
Christianity is founded on the alleged death of a part man, part Deity and his subsequent restoration to physical Life by supernatural means.

Spiritualism claims that all Life cannot die and offers abundant supporting evidence of this Natural Law. In simple terms 'There is no Death' anywhere at any time.

So, if the latter is true - it follows that no death logically means no resurrection, therefore no resurrection means no Christianity.
hiorta
hiorta

Back to top Go down

Spiritualist Origins of you don't have a soul you are a soul Empty Re: Spiritualist Origins of you don't have a soul you are a soul

Post by mac Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:06 pm

interesting

How lucky I am that I don't struggle with any of the notions of the Christian faiths.

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:38 pm

Good points, mark you I do get shocked looks in the Centre when I say I am not a Christian I am a Spiritualist.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:38 am

Admin wrote:Good points, mark you I do get shocked looks in the Centre when I say I am not a Christian I am a Spiritualist.

That's baffling, Jim.

Don't folk know they're at a Spiritualist centre or are they just confused about what it means?

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:43 am

I think totally confused, anyway the largest proportion of centres in Australia would tend to be Christian styled. I am pretty sure in most of those the inconsistencies of contact with Spirit, the overall philosophy of Modern Spiritualism and biblical teachings is largely put to one side.

We also have many attendees who come to enjoy the healing and the mediumship while remaining firm members of their traditional churches. In that case the people have never considered that there may even be a difference.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mac Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:47 am

Admin wrote:I think totally confused, anyway the largest proportion of centres in Australia would  tend to be Christian styled. I am pretty sure in most of those the inconsistencies of contact with Spirit, the overall philosophy of Modern Spiritualism and biblical teachings is largely put to one side.

We also have many attendees who come to enjoy the healing and the mediumship while remaining firm members of their traditional churches. In that case the people have never considered that there may even be a difference.

Bizzare....but maybe one way of the future - a hybrid, or a mongrel, neither natural bedfellows?  Shocked 

mac

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down